Author Topic: Tonight's Biden v. Palin debate  (Read 812 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Tonight's Biden v. Palin debate
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
I think if Biden does what he's supposed to, then it might be the final nail in the coffin for the McCain campaign. However, if he comes off too good like in a condescending way, then that would give Palin supporters something to whine about, like the gender card or even elitism. They would obviously carry that onto November if given the chance.

There is absolutely no doubt that Biden will win, it's just the manner in which he wins. Remember that you have an overwhelming amount of jackasses in this country to whom given an intelligent and decisive answer is too much, and you're much better off telling stories, inciting fears(like McCain did).

Biden can't be too light either. He's gotta be like Obama was in Mississippi, calm and cool. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed  ;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Tonight's Biden v. Palin debate
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »
She should flash her tits. That would get my vote.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:12:37 PM »
She'll focus on the negative things about him since she still has no clue about the job.  That alone could make it seem like she knows what she is talking.  After the two interviews...this debate is worthless.  But it will show how stupid people are.  If she say the right negative things about him without answering questions abou the VP...then she'll jump in the poles by Friday morning.  :-\   

ST. LOUIS — Sarah Palin plans to go on the attack in tonight’s debate, hitting Joe Biden for what she will call his foreign policy blunders and penchant for adopting liberal positions on taxes and other issues, according to campaign officials involved in prepping her for tonight’s showdown.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Palin camp is projecting surprising self-confidence in the pre-debate hours, despite the vice presidential nominee’s uneven — and, at some points, peculiar — performances in recent television interviews, the officials say. Top advisers to John McCain privately say Palin’s recent CBS interview was a borderline disaster, especially since it played out in several segments over several days. Tonight will be different, they say.

“This is going to finally put her back into a position where we see her like we saw her the first couple weeks,” a McCain official said. “She was herself. She was authentic, and people related to that. ... Tonight, she’ll get into a rhythm. You’re going to see her in a way that you haven’t seen her yet.”

By contrast, Biden plans what an aide calls "a just-the-facts, prosecutorial approach laying out the case against McCain and defending Obama." The aide said Biden will be "keeping the eye on the target, which is McCain."

It is hard to imagine higher stakes for a vice presidential nominee on the national stage. Palin wowed even her biggest skeptics with her spirited introduction to the American people at the Republican National Convention last month. It’s been downhill since then, however. She has been largely sheltered from unscripted moments on the campaign trail. And, when she has exposed herself to improvisation or tough questioning, Palin has been criticized for offering vague and at times unusual responses.

Palin advisers say that she remains just as popular with much of the Republican base as she was a month ago when her convention speech was hailed as a home run. But her ratings have eroded in polls since then, and the advisers see the 90-minute debate at 9 p.m. Eastern as a chance for a swift turnaround from what they call “negativity” in her news coverage.

From her debate playbook, as described by McCain officials:

— Throw Biden’s own words back at him.

“There’s going to be a lot of opportunities to use Joe Biden’s words against him — and not his gaffes,” an official said. “When he says raising taxes is patriotic, that’s a policy position. That’s what he believes. She’s going to use those against him.”

(On ABC’s “Good Morning America” last month, in explaining the need for the wealthiest Americans to pay more taxes, Biden said: “It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.”)

— Highlight past Biden foreign-policy positions as a way to undermine his core strength.

“He’s a celebrated foreign policy expert, but he has been wrong … dating back to the Reagan administration,” the official said. “There are opportunities there for her to jump in.”

One example that was provided was Biden’s reference to North Korea as “a paper tiger” on CBS’s “The Early Show” in 2006. (“I would rather have seen it do exactly what it did, demonstrate to the whole world that it is in fact a paper tiger.”)

Another example noted by the campaign was voting for defense cuts during the Reagan administration, and voting against the first Gulf war in 1991. (PolitiFact.com points out that he voted with the majority of Senate Democrats on the resolution.)

— Highlight places where Biden and Barack Obama have differed, including primary-season statements about Obama’s readiness to lead and his positions on Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.

“He voted for the Iraq war, and Obama said that was poor judgment,” the official. “There are a lot of wedge positions between Obama and Biden.”

—Portray herself as a working mom and outsider who's been in the real-world, rather than being shielded in the bluster of Washington.

McCain officials say they are optimistic despite her falling credibility and likability in polls.

“Nobody who’s in the middle of a campaign takes a minute to panic,” an aide said. “Every single day, there’s an ebb and flow — that’s what makes these things exciting. She’s been there before. She’s done this before. She’s been successful. And we as a campaign expect she will rise to the occasion and be strong.”
Oh...Monica!

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:13:07 PM »
Biden is definetly going to have to be careful tonight in the way he words things.  I think he actually needs to acknoweledge that Palin has some good ideas, that way he doesn't look like the complete asshole that he can.

If he just destroys her and I can see that backfiring in a big way.  Stupid it has to be like that. :-\

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »
She should flash her tits. That would get my vote.

word!!!!

But seriously, I'll give my vote to whichever one of them can promise me that sexual perverts like "pumphard" who lurk on getbig in search of "prey" will be put behind bars ASAP ;D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:27:05 PM »
Anyone got a link to a site that's streaming the debate online?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
word!!!!

But seriously, I'll give my vote to whichever one of them can promise me that sexual perverts like "pumphard" who lurk on getbig in search of "prey" will be put behind bars ASAP ;D

oh shit!!!
priceless
lmao ;D ;D ;D ;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
Anyone got a link to a site that's streaming the debate online?

CNN covered the last debate. A link should be at the frontpage.
from incomplete data

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »
Palin is hardly making any forward looking statements, instead constantly defending McCain's positions and saying the same thing over and over.

Biden is giving straight forward and very detailed statements with actual facts and interesting statistics.

Too bad this country has too many fucking idiots. Biden has gotta dumb it down a bit.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:58:16 PM »
word!!!!

LOL!
HAHA, RON.....