Author Topic: Palin Binden VP Debate ***FULL VIDEO INCLUDED***  (Read 20267 times)

The Coach

Re: Palin Binden VP Debate
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2008, 11:18:11 PM »
What do you mean exactly Joe?

How many times do I have to explain to people that if McCain was the same McCain from 2000 I'd vote for that guy in a heartbeat... Unfortunately, he sold his soul to get his neo-conservative base to back him.

It's disgusting.

I'm a real independent.

Tu..chill. I was just kidding.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:27 PM »
This gave it away ;D

tu_holmes has a good record on the board of calling it how he sees it without party bias

Just joking....he's a good dude.
no problem, it's all good ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »
Tu..chill. I was just kidding.

I'm chill about what you said... I'm not chill about how I think John McCain has changed over 8 years.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: BIDEN WINS THE DEBATE!
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »

2004 - Here are some of the online polls re Thursday night's debate:

AOL:
John Kerry 53%
George Bush 47%

CNN:
Bush � 18% (39,984 votes)
Kerry � 78% (172,766 votes)
Evenly matched � 4% (9,457 votes)

MSNBC:
Bush 31%
Kerry 69%

ABC:
Kerry 45%
Bush 36
Tie 17

USA Today:
Kerry 53
Bush 37
Neither 1
Both 8
No opinion 1

Spanish TV Network Telemundo Poll:
Kerry: 68%
Bush: 32%

-----------------------------------------------------

CBS: 76% Edwards, 21% Cheney

MSNBC: 70% Edwards, 30% Cheney

WSJ: 95% Edwards, 4% Cheney

LA Times: 97% Edwards, 2% Cheney

CNN: 77% Edwards, 18% Cheney

Philly.com: Edwards 99%, Cheney 1%

Orlando Sentinel: Edwards 80.3%, Cheney 19.4%

Akron Beacon-Journal: Edwards 98%, Cheney 2%

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Edwards 64.23%, Cheney 29.77%

Times have changed bro, and dont compare Kerry or Gore to Obama.  Obama has taken the Dem party to a whole other level.   Kerry & Gore didnt have an economic crisis on their side like Obama does, and a failing war like Obama does.   Once again times have changed..

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »
I'm chill about what you said... I'm not chill about how I think John McCain has changed over 8 years.

I am dumbfounded why he voted for that bill....

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2008, 11:53:24 PM »
Heres a view from outside the USA, but i frequent there on work, this election has nothing to do with anything except race if Obama was white he would be winning easily, the economy is in tatters, your losing the war on terror and still half the population think they dont need change, bullshit, you rednecks just wont vote for a Negro  the world is sitting back dumbfounded that someone as stupid as Palin could even be considered as vice president. Your judgment is blinded by racism. The economic downturn has hurt the world economy as your foreign policy of interferring everywhere means everyone suffers. Thank god that in the next 20 years that the Chinese and Russian economy's will come on to a point that the US will only slightly influence world markets next time this USA merry go round gets played out.
I for one don't believe its a recession in whole but more a correction in the market, and now your going to bail out the speculators who got you to this point by buying out the bad debts and leaving the same guys in administration, unbelievable.

chocolate fizz

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »
I am dumbfounded why he voted for that bill....
WHAT?

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »
WHAT?

McCain. Tu talked about how mccain has changed.

I am commenting that I cannot believe that a guy who wants reform could have voted for that shitty bill.

I know he is all about non partisian cooperation, but im sorry. a turd is a turd.   If you say you are against earmarks how can you vote for that?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2008, 11:59:18 PM »
She didn't have any major gaffes, but yes.

The uncommitted voter ratins had Biden beating her handily.

Palin didn't answer many of the questions asked of her.  She looked into the camera and gave 15 small stump speeches.

This election is easy.  If you like how the economy is, vote Mccain.  If you want change, vote Obama.
stop the bullshit you are not voting for either one.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »
in quality of answering questions to those with a basic functional understanding of government and politics... yes.

in terms of charisma and appealing to the lowest common denominator... I have to disagree.  I was expecting a much better showing on his part, and frankly a bit more of a dumbfounded demeanor on her part.  I hate to admit it, but whoever worked on her did a good job.... not a perfect showing, but she did much better when you factor in the general intelligence of the populace watching.

frankly I was a bit pissed with the outcome.

So you'd rather have someone who will lie to your face, dodge the truth and avoid tough questions but does so with personality?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »
they should throw palin without protection in the hell thats iraq and see if she has still such a big mouth.

all that wartalk in their comfortable chairs. it would be nice to see them be given the taste of definite death.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2008, 12:40:30 AM »
they should throw palin without protection in the hell thats iraq and see if she has still such a big mouth.

all that wartalk in their comfortable chairs. it would be nice to see them be given the taste of definite death.

Her kid as well as Bidens are in Iraq. Thats probably close enough.

Jizzacked

« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2008, 12:48:12 AM »
So you'd rather have someone who will lie to your face, dodge the truth and avoid tough questions but does so with personality?

I don't think I insinuated that in the least... as I said before, I was disappointed cause despite her ignorance, she struck a chord with the ignorant masses with her overwhelming charisma and her fluff retorts to the serious questions she was asked.  personally I can't stand her and her smug smirk while biden answered his challenges with very coherent responses... I could tell the soccer moms with little to no understanding of politics where creaming their wal mart underwear with great enthusiasm by the performance of the so called underdog.... all she had to do was appear to hold her own against biden and while I think her fluff answers were bullshit, you have to think how it was perceived by many who watched the debate.  just stating the obvious, I wasn't fooled and admitted straight up my aggravation over how things went but the sad fact is you got millions of soccer moms out there who thought she handled things great... just by not completely embarrassing her ticket due to some extreme coaching and ass kissing.

dont take for granted that everyone like a lot of us here who follow politics closely were not convinced in the least by her lazy and nervous showing... but you have to admit she played right in the hands of a good percentage of the masses.  biden needed a superior win and his dry demeanor and in depth responses just were no match for her ignorant charisma.... all she had to do was hold her own to a certain degree and I think she achieved that... while biden could be considered a failure due to his experience and failure to eviscerate her which I was expecting/hoping to be the case.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2008, 01:01:33 AM »
Her kid as well as Bidens are in Iraq. Thats probably close enough.

The Saddam Fedayeen will trace them and chop of their rotten heads.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2008, 01:50:39 AM »
interesting, this was written on october 1st

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/6034733.html
Thursday's vice-presidential debate has the potential to be a smack-down or a train wreck.

Either way, it could be great TV.

Across Houston, Republicans and Democrats will gather as they usually do for important showdowns: They'll be mingling at cocktail parties in River Oaks and at such hipster hangouts as the communal art and work space Caroline Collective. They'll be huddled in front of televisions at the homes and offices of fellow political junkies or watching while munching on sliders inside the bar at Reef restaurant in Midtown.

"It used to be you'd ask your buddy, 'Where are you watching the game?' " said Armando Walle, Democratic state representative candidate in District 140. "Now it's, 'Where are you going to watch the debate?' "

The reason for all the excitement, of course, is Sarah Palin. When Republican presidential nominee John McCain picked the Alaska governor to be his running mate, she became an overnight star. The pro-gun, anti-abortion mother of five ignited the conservative base. She thrilled Republican women. And during her speech at the Republican National Convention, she dissed Barack Obama, the Democrats' presidential nominee, as if he were her most junior staff member.

But a lot has changed in the past month. Palin has blown some important TV interviews. On Saturday Night Live she's been satirized by Tina Fey, one of America's funniest women. Some Americans now can't tell the politician and the comedienne apart.

All of which sets the stage for Thursday night.

On Friday, an estimated 52.4 million Americans tuned in to watch the McCain-Obama debate — and Thursday night's crowd could be larger.

Traditionally, Thursday is a good night to watch TV; Friday is not. Besides, last week, nobody but McCain knew if he was even going to show up. Also, there's the allure of seeing a potential train wreck.

Both VP candidates, Palin and Joe Biden, the longtime Democratic senator from Delaware, have had their problems. Palin's inexperience has come out in recent interviews, and Biden is known for gaffes and verbosity. Factor in the high stakes, and who wouldn't trip up?

It may be the ugly side of human nature, but regular Americans, political pundits and academics who make their living dissecting just such media events can hardly wait.

"There was some underestimation of how much this election will become the mini-series of the season," said Robert Thompson, professor of television and popular culture at Syracuse University. "It's been the most exciting TV on, from the beginning of year till now."

He figures Palin will try to get through the debate by memorizing eight or nine mini-speeches. If she can do that successfully, he said, the 90 minutes will be as boring as some people deemed last Friday's debate. "The only chance for anything interesting is if the moderator, Gwen Ifill, can ask her questions that can't be answered with a push of the button and recitation," Thompson said.

Cal Jillson, a political science professor at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, said he's heard Palin's debate preparations haven't gone so well.

"It's asking a tremendous amount from a former mayor of Wasilla and a governor of less than two years to get up to speed on foreign and domestic policies," Jillson said. "Even if she is really talented."

Thompson will be glued to his TV set, but with low expectations.

"Is Palin even competent to run for this office?" he asked. "She is making (former vice president) Dan Quayle sound like a Rhodes scholar."

If that assessment seems harsh, more than a few pundits say that despite his extensive and widely acknowledged foreign policy expertise, Biden will bring his own baggage to the podium.

"Biden has 36 years worth of Senate knowledge — that's his plus," said Larry Sabato, a University of Virginia political scientist. "His minuses are that he's verbose, gaffe-prone and he can be somewhat presumptuous."

And, Sabato added, arrogant.

Here, political junkies will probably cocoon with like-minded partisans and have a big time yelling at the TV.

City Councilwoman Anne Clutterbuck will be rooting for Palin.

"I think she's terrific, and I'm real excited about her," Clutterbuck said. "She's been involved and successful in local government, and I recognize the dedication and hard work that goes into that. ... You don't have to be in Washington all your career to be a competent leader."

Peggy Hamric, a former GOP state representative, will be rooting for Palin, too.

"She's just a breath of fresh air," Hamric said. "Palin's a typical American woman. She's Main Street."

Political scientists doubt Democratic women, even disappointed Hillary Clinton supporters, will cross party lines to vote for Palin.

While Clutterbuck and Hamric hope they're wrong, Sissy Farenthold, a lifelong feminist, says she won't be voting her gender. She thinks not only that Palin has poor judgment, but that McCain exhibited poor judgment in selecting her as his VP. "He wanted to invigorate the conservative base, and he thought he might appeal to women," Farenthold said. "All I can believe is that he's not thinking about governance, he's not thinking about the issues. The whole thing is just amazing to me."

Thursday is her birthday, but she is so intent on watching the debate she may simply stay home. "We'll see how the day unfolds," she said.

Jillson, the SMU prof, will be watching the debate to see if it's a game-changer.

If Palin collapses to the point that Americans lose confidence in McCain for picking her in the first place, Jillson said, the campaign is toast. Otherwise, the vice-presidential debate probably won't matter come Election Day.

"Normally people don't vote based on the candidates for vice president," Jillson said. "Probably our focus will shift to the next two presidential debates."

Thompson also says he doesn't expect much comic relief, and says Palin probably has "15 mini speeches memorizes so she can avoid any mishaps."

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »
swing voters vote on wittiness and likability, not the person they want owning the nuclear launch codes.

It's Nuculear Rob....Nuculear. 

Can there be a ruling that only allows you to have control over our nuclear launch codes if you can actually pronounce the word "nuclear?"  I don't think Palin stopped saying "nuculear" until around the 5th time enunciating the word. 

I don't know that I could pick a winner for the debate. 
I know I can certainly pick a loser......the moderator.   Palin stated from the start that she's not going to answer the questions as Gwen wants her too, but is going to speak to the American people.  Gwen let her walk all over her. 

Biden clearly showed he has a better comprehension of "politics."  Palin played her role perfectly.....repeat what she has memorized. 

I'm pretty sure Palin could have started talking about her family pet or what movies she's seen recently and Gwen wouldn't push her to stay on topic for one moment.

The people that trained Palin won the debate.  They pushed the "Obama book issue" just enough to make Gwen pussy foot through the debate, fearful that any mention of "answering the questions" could bring negative publicity to her.....

Most boring debate I've seen.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2008, 02:48:36 AM »
The people that trained Palin won the debate.  They pushed the "Obama book issue" just enough to make Gwen pussy foot through the debate, fearful that any mention of "answering the questions" could bring negative publicity to her.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:29 AM »
Biden's biggest mistake: saying it was ok for Palin to call him Joe... she then went on to only use his first name for cheap shots...  How fucking Robert Ford of her... ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2008, 05:04:08 AM »
One, I watched first 5 minutes, and then went to go listen in another room. She sounded like she had a ear piece. She kept saying runon sentences too fast, no pause in between. In sort, she never really answered a question 

On the Early Show, they asked some Washington U student memorable moments during the debate. One girl said, "When Palin did her closing remarks and said 'Ronald Regan, a American Hero'.

Another girl said, "I think Biden was unprofessional when he smiled at Palin..." then they cut to commericial

Seriously i was was waaaayyy more analytical than that in College

My mother said to leave Palin alone, and I believe women support Palin because she is a woman. Period. No matter the fact that she is way over her head. They fear that she represents a notion that women can't compare to men. but, Gwenn, Hillary are all proof that women are just as smart, if not more qualified than a man. It's just that Palin was a bad pick, and she just a worse, female version of GW.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2008, 05:17:10 AM »
Here's what I think about Palin's performance:

1.  substantively she relied on rhetorical tricks like the # of times Obama voted for tax increases, she should have applied that standard to Big Mac as well.

2.  She thoroughly overstated the importance of taxes and tax cuts to the economy.  Reminder:  taxes aren't that important to our economic situation.  They just aren't.

3.  Style-wise, she spoke as if she was wearing a wire.  There was no natural tempo to her speaking style.

4.  It was rather difficult to take many of her unresponsive answers seriously.

5.  ...especially when I kept picturing her with a cock in her mouth.

I told my wife that last one and I ended up sleeping on the couch.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2008, 05:23:40 AM »
I kept picturing her with a cock in her mouth.

Whaaaaaat...  next time bring her a Palin wig and plastic M16 :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »
Times have changed bro, and dont compare Kerry or Gore to Obama.  Obama has taken the Dem party to a whole other level.   Kerry & Gore didnt have an economic crisis on their side like Obama does, and a failing war like Obama does.   Once again times have changed..

We were addressing the relevance of polls.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2008, 05:35:42 AM »
Whaaaaaat...  next time bring her a Palin wig and plastic M16 :D
Well, if she's going to act like a dumbfuck hick soccer mom, then I have no problem seeing her in a spreadshot or working over my shlong.

She used to get paid for speaking on television as a broadcaster.  She knows what she's doing behind the mic. 

So what do we get?  She purposely mangles nuclear as nucular...isn't that quaint?   She's as fucking stupid in her elocution as The Uniter.

She repeats BS about tax cuts even if she's asked about...well, not tax cuts.

'Say it ain't so Joe'...with that moronic twang in her voice she cultivates an image of an actress in a dinner theater playing the part...

Take this woman seriously as a political world leader?....that's rich.  I haven't laughed like that in some time.

Imagine this woman VP candidate lapping at my nether regions like a starving dog on an ice cream cone?  That I can do.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2008, 05:36:16 AM »
Here's what I think about Palin's performance:

1.  substantively she relied on rhetorical tricks like the # of times Obama voted for tax increases, she should have applied that standard to Big Mac as well.

2.  She thoroughly overstated the importance of taxes and tax cuts to the economy.  Reminder:  taxes aren't that important to our economic situation.  They just aren't.

3.  Style-wise, she spoke as if she was wearing a wire.  There was no natural tempo to her speaking style.

4.  It was rather difficult to take many of her unresponsive answers seriously.

5.  ...especially when I kept picturing her with a cock in her mouth.

Exactly, I think she was wearing a wire...no pause, no period, and a herky-jerky speaking style. She didn't have a natural flow, and of course she choose not to answer the questions the way they were formatted. Her handlers worked with her, and found the best way for to deal with her significant lack of knowledge.