Author Topic: Obama Campaign tactics in Ohio WTF?  (Read 1465 times)

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
Obama Campaign tactics in Ohio WTF?
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »
What do you guys think of this?

Voter fraud alert: More thug thizzlin’ in Ohio

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/02/voter-fraud-alert-more-thug-thizzlin-in-ohio/

Homeless Ohioans for Obama registering in droves; Plus: Meet Mr. “Good Will” and “Mr. Doodad Pro”
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/01/homeless-ohioans-for-obama-registering-in-droves/

Now GoP pollsters turned away? Early voting for new registered voters? This seems sketch to me man.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
Re: Obama Campaign tactics in Ohio WTF?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 08:37:23 PM »
More:

Young voters, homeless targeted in Ohio's election

By STEPHEN MAJORS Associated Press Writer

Print Sep 28th, 2008 | COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Democrat Barack Obama's presidential campaign blitzed bars and advocates for the homeless have lined up vans to ferry potential voters from shelters.

The prize could be thousands of traditionally elusive voters in hard-fought Ohio who would have the chance to register and vote on the same day — if the courts don't intervene.

One-stop voting, scheduled for Tuesday through Oct. 6, would be especially convenient for those Democratic-leaning voters who have traditionally had trouble getting to the polls. It's a reality not lost on two parties locked in a tight race four years after President Bush's 118,000-vote victory in Ohio gave him a second term.

"The populations that we focus on, the lower income and minority populations, move more often," said Teresa James, an attorney working in northeast Ohio for Project Vote, which pushes for greater voting participation. "They're also more likely to have jobs that aren't flexible in terms of voting."

Ohio is one of more than 30 states that allow voters to cast an early ballot. Eight states allow voters to register and vote on Election Day, Nov. 4, while North Carolina allows the practice during early voting.

Turnout has been 10 percent to 17 percent higher than the national average in the six states that had same-day registration and voting before 2006, as well as in North Dakota (which doesn't have voter registration), according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Ohio's early voting period has sparked several lawsuits, including one by two GOP-backed voters who say the six-day period in which voters can register and vote on the same day is illegal. That lawsuit is before the Republican-dominated Ohio Supreme Court, which is expected to rule Monday.

Republican John McCain's campaign didn't directly address whether it had plans to take advantage of the early voting window.

"We have a comprehensive grassroots program designed to turn out McCain-Palin supporters once early voting begins," said spokesman Paul Lindsay.

Obama's campaign plans to send staffers to Ohio State University, with about 53,000 students, to encourage early voting among the sometimes hard-to-engage young. Polls show Obama easily carrying the demographic against McCain.

Obama's campaign plans to arrange concerts with John Legend, who will hold early voting rallies on Monday in Columbus, Springfield, Dayton and Cincinnati. For campuses far from election boards, Obama aides are organizing car pools to make sure students get to the polls.

On Saturday, Obama's campaign targeted the 100,000-strong college football crowd at Ohio Stadium with a flyover advertising early voting and visits from staffers to surrounding bars.

The Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless believes it can round up 2,000 people from homeless shelters in the Cleveland area and get them to polling places. A donated van will shuttle voters from two shelters, including the city's largest downtown. Seventeen other shelters are providing their own transportation.

Project Vote will go door to door in minority neighborhoods and use vans to transport people to election sites in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Toledo.

Ohio's Republican-controlled legislature passed a bill in 2005 that enabled all registered voters to vote absentee without providing a reason, beginning Tuesday. The deadline for registering isn't until Oct. 6, so Democratic Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner ruled there is a six-day window in which voters can register and vote at the same time.

The GOP maintains that a person must be registered for 30 days to get an absentee ballot. They said Brunner has read a partisan interpretation into law that would give election officials no opportunity to check the validity of voters' registrations.

Amid the legal wrangling, preparations for the window continue.

The progressive Rock the Vote will have a bus tour through Columbus, Dayton, Wilberforce, Athens, Cleveland and Bowling Green — all metro areas or college towns — to emphasize the convenience of the calendar overlap.

Cleveland City Councilwoman Stephanie Howse said activists and Obama volunteers are spreading the word in her ward.

"It's just one piece of our much larger approach to early voting to turn out as many people as possible to get those votes in the bank," Obama spokesman Isaac Baker said.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:52:30 PM »
obamas campaign is also giving away free jay-z tickets everywhere

no joke

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »
That's the kind of cut-throat stuff that he did when he ran for Illinois senator.  The guy definitely plays hardball.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:00:02 PM »
Malkin, What a drama queen. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:03:18 PM »
it looks like the Repugs use dirty tricks to try to prevent people from voting or rather to prevent their vote from being counted

and the Dems try to help people at all level of society to make sure their vote is counted

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »
it looks like the Repugs use dirty tricks to try to prevent people from voting or rather to prevent their vote from being counted

and the Dems try to help people at all level of society to make sure their vote is counted

Lets get all the druggies and homeless that dont even know what state to vote for President! Lets make sure the kids who are influcenced by their state paid liberal professors get in there!

DEMs should be proud!!@

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »

LOL come on straw you really think these guys arent being coaxed with a hot meal?

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »
HAY GUYS new Obama slogan!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »
God forbid, people who traditionally have a hard time voting (the article's words, not mine) being helped to go vote! Damn them for helping people exercise their constitutional rights!

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:03 PM »
O lord... McCain has been sending democrats and independant voters absentee ballots with addresses with the wrong address on them so they get lost... this has been happening COUNTLESS times in MI, OH, and FL...

His attorneys are trying to stop people from voting if their home was forclosed.  are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »
this is such fucking bullshit... ::)  I doubt they are cheating on shit but I hope they do... payback bitches... fucking payback. and you fucking know the contards stole 2000 and 2004...  Infact you fucking pricks owe us... Call on McCain to drop out, you owe us that much with what you did in the last 2 elections.  evil fucking bastards.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:35 PM »
this is such fucking bullshit... ::)  I doubt they are cheating on shit but I hope they do... payback bitches... fucking payback. and you fucking know the contards stole 2000 and 2004...  Infact you fucking pricks owe us... Call on McCain to drop out, you owe us that much with what you did in the last 2 elections.  evil fucking bastards.

Last time I checked There will god knows how many recounts and court cases.

Druggies, crack addicts, inocent homeless people. You guys should be proud.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 02:10:13 AM »
Why shouldnt a crack adict be able to vote? Should an alcoholic? How about a OXY Adict like your buddie Rush? Do you think you have more of a right to vote than they do? Thats a real ignorant as statement to say... typical GOP COnservative mind set "this country is more mine than yours"

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 02:17:26 AM »
Homeless Ohioans for Obama registering in droves; Plus: Meet Mr. “Good Will” and “Mr. Doodad Pro”
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/01/homeless-ohioans-for-obama-registering-in-droves/

In that second link the girl reporter at the beginning is hot.

Dang Hugo...Meltdown.  But you are right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 06:30:18 AM »
if you are homeless, the chances are high that the economic policy of the last 8 years didn't benefit you.

therefore it makes sense to vote for change.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 06:49:05 AM »
LOL come on straw you really think these guys arent being coaxed with a hot meal?

I don't know if they are or not.  I also don't know if they are all druggies or fuck up's but if they have a legal right to vote then I don't really see the problem.   If they're fucked up on drugs or booze they might show up and vote for McCain or even Cynthia McKinney

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 06:51:47 AM »
if you are homeless, the chances are high that the economic policy of the last 8 years didn't benefit you.

if you are homeless the chances are very high that you also have some sort of mental condition...LOL man again the hypocrisey of it all if mccain was doing this most of you would be up in arms but b/c its your savior the man can do no wrong.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 07:04:51 AM »
if you are homeless the chances are very high that you also have some sort of mental condition...LOL man again the hypocrisey of it all if mccain was doing this most of you would be up in arms but b/c its your savior the man can do no wrong.

McCain is using lies and deception to prevent valid voters from being able to vote.

Obama appears to be helping people to vote who otherwise most likely would not vote and if they are legally able to vote then I don't see the problem.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 07:27:48 AM »
If Obama wins, and I don't think he will, that will not be the end for the right wing or 'real americans' as I like to call them.

Nope, if Obama's elected a right wing hero will rise up and put him down to restore the natural order of things.

Hell, we wiped out a couple of hundred thousand Iraqis....what's one more dead colored?

The business of america is business!  And these motherfuckers on the right mean business.

Ask the Iraqis about that...if you can find any left.

Epilogue:
Mortimer Duke: Do you really believe I would have a *guy* run our family business, Randolph?
Randolph Duke: Of course not. Neither would I.

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »

True, but the fact is that no matter who is elected the rich will still be rich and the poor will still be poor.  Charles Barkley said best, and direct, when speaking about Obama's tax plan for the super-rich......"it doesn't matter how much you raise taxes, people like me will still have a lot of money....."

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
In the semi-small town where I live we have an Obama headquarters, with a bunch of volunteers. 

I don't know of one McCain office in the area?
S

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »
Some of these organizations trying to sign people up to vote have had very questionable practices.  Rounding up the homeless and city bar folk may certainly help but is a sketchy practice IMO.

If people don't see the value of voting and being involved in some level, we shouldn't spend any tax dollars or gov $ to persuade them to go vote.  Its a right and a privilage. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 09:50:39 AM »
True, but the fact is that no matter who is elected the rich will still be rich and the poor will still be poor.  Charles Barkley said best, and direct, when speaking about Obama's tax plan for the super-rich......"it doesn't matter how much you raise taxes, people like me will still have a lot of money....."
very true...LOL the plain fact of the matter is though that a lot of poor ppl believe obama is a savior to them and if he is elected the cold hard truth will smack these ppl in the face

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 09:52:16 AM »
Some of these organizations trying to sign people up to vote have had very questionable practices.  Rounding up the homeless and city bar folk may certainly help but is a sketchy practice IMO.

If people don't see the value of voting and being involved in some level, we shouldn't spend any tax dollars or gov $ to persuade them to go vote.  Its a right and a privilage. 
my point exactly