Author Topic: WTF? My cycle cleared my acne?  (Read 4169 times)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: WTF? My cycle cleared my acne?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
Vet, you are funny.  It's great to have you around for the great info you provide.  You are the 'board bullshit police.'

;D   Sorry.....    ;)   :D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »

That first sentence basically tells me you have absolutely no clue what you are posting.  You've stated something, tried to be a big man, been called on it, and now won't buck up and post the knowledge that you supposedly have.  Your attempt to call me out was crap too.   That kind of shit pisses me off.     

You are wrong in terms of "type of estrogen".  Estrogen in birth control pills is something that is closely controlled by the FDA because of the effects of the drugs.  Remember, it took a supreme court decision in the early 1970's for birth control pills to even become available to unmarried women in the US.  Before that time it was a crime for unmarried women to possess contraceptives and in the late 1960's it was a crime for married women in some states to have the pill.  Hell, my grandmother had a kineption fit in the late 1970's when she found out my mother was taking the pill.  She swore it was illegal.   

You are completely ass backwards on the estrogen vs progesterones in oral contraceptives. There are only two types of estrogen available in birth control pills:  ethinyl estradiol or mestranol.   Estrogen (in the form of Mestranol) was originally included in oral contraceptives accidentally as a result of early manufacturing of the progesterone.  It was realized that the presence of this synthetic estrogen led to better control of  a womans cycle.  This estrogen basically stabilizes the endometrium, preventing the break through bleeding.  That early form of estrogen was later replaced with Ethinyl Estradiol, which is essentially a more potent form of estrogen in that it doesn't have to be metabolized by the liver to have biological activity. 

Not only that but the the estrogen doses now days are are something like 1/3 of what they were 20 years ago all with the same form of estrogen.  The dose ranges from NO ESTROGEN to high dose pills with 50 micrograms of estrogen down from upwards of 75 to 150 micrograms of estrogen back then.  Instead of estrogens, the pills contain contain different forms of progesterone with different degrees of biological activity.  If anything the progesterones are much more biologically active now days than they were 20 years ago.  Different birth control pills contain different progesterones, multiple types. 

Also, for the record I'm not arguing with what you've said about androgens because androgens will cause increased oil production in the skin, leading to acne.  The thing is Estrogen also causes acne.  There is a specific syndrome called Estrogen Related Cystic Acne that can be considered a good example. 

If you want I can explain it, but I suggest you look it up.   Then post and let us all know you were wrong.

you are like candizzle.  you don;t know shit, google stuff, then come back and try to look smart.  Stick to the animals.  I will say this only one more time.  Estrogen IMPROVES acne, and progesterone CAUSES acne.  progesterone is in a lot of birth control pills, thats why some cause acne.

Pills with mainly estrogen (YAZ) is FDA indicated to TREAT acne.

Read this study in case you are still lost:

Cutis. 2008 Jan;81(1 Suppl):13-8.Links
Hormonal contraceptives for acne management.Rich P.
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, USA.

Acne vulgaris affects 42 million people, more than half of whom are women older than 25 years. Treatment for acne includes oral and topical antibiotics, retinoids, and hormonal therapy in the form of oral contraceptives (OCs). OCs reduce acne lesions by increasing estrogen levels and sex hormone-binding globulins, and by decreasing free testosterone and androgen levels. Several studies have shown that drospirenone, a progestin available in certain OCs, minimizes the potential negative effect the progestin has on acne. Women with moderate acne vulgaris who seek contraception and teenagers with acne who refuse antibiotics or in whom topical antibiotics are ineffective might be candidates for drospirenone-containing OCs.

you are gay.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
..... OUCH      :o

where is the bullshit police?
you are gay.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »
you are like candizzle. 
Vet, what an honor !!!  :D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »
LOL.

heres an except from another article:

"Remember that increasing the level of estrogen both increases the level of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin and masks the levels of testosterone. This is helpful in reducing acne."
you are gay.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »
vet, sorry for being hard on you.  i just hate the dogma that floats around here like "my acne is bad cause my estrogen levels are up."  total bullshit.

also, the fact that everyone "needs test" is bull too.

just trying to dispell a lot of myths with real evidence...
you are gay.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 05:56:01 PM »
 ::)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
i quess tbomz needs test.
you are gay.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 06:03:44 PM »
testosterone is responsible for a huge amount ofbody processes and regulates so manyt hings.. its a natural hormone in your body you DO need testosterone..even at just 7-12mg per day is enough but you still need a base amount of test... regardless of how much other AAS you are using..

besides testosterone is king and its the best steroid for hypertrophy that will ever be available in all throughout the history of humanity...millions of years of evolution created testosterone to be PERFECT FOR THE MALE BODY AND NO SCIENCE IS GOING TO IMPROVE ON THAT..

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »
lol.

i agree!

however, you do not "need" it to grow.  most eastern europeans are using high dose deca and they are growing just fine. 

I agree, test regulated soo many fucntions, i would not do a cycle without it, but it is not 100% needed for growth.  shit, deca and d-bol was originally thought to produce one of the best mass cycles...
you are gay.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 10:10:47 PM »
I don't think anyone's arguing that you need test to grow.  And you're absolutely correct a lot of guys have run deca only cycles.  The problem is and why most people recommend running test with deca is to be better safe than sorry.  Deca dick SUCKS....it's fucking horrible, you can't even masturbate with it and it's VERY frustrating.  I could have stuck my dick in a vice grip and hit with a ball peen hammer and it wouldn't have done much.  I'd rather tell someone to run test with deca any day of the week to avoid getting it than to tell people it's ok to run deca alone.