Author Topic: How did Gwen Ifill do as moderator last night?  (Read 1591 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: How did Gwen Ifill do as moderator last night?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 05:50:23 AM »
Since there is a debate tomorrow night, I want to keep an eye out for the left slant of the moderator.

Could you tell me what to look for?

I mean what are the indicators/cues that tell me that the debate moderator is slanting to the left with his/her moderator duties?
Silly me, I thought Lehrer and Ifill were horrible, horrible moderators b/c they didn't moderate...they tossed out softballs and let the candidates ramble on about anything.

Around here at GB, that's viewed as fair.  In my world, that's more of the problem.

Nice try decker, but you botched it.

See the bolded part of your sentence - that's twisting my words.  I never said they slanting to the left with their moderator duties.  What the hell does that even mean?  I said both moderators treated each candidate fairly.

You know what I meant anyway.  You're just being a dick.

If you can't see that Ifill's background puts her on the side of the left, there's no use responding to you seriously.
Y

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 06:41:30 AM »
Nice try decker, but you botched it.

See the bolded part of your sentence - that's twisting my words.  I never said they slanting to the left with their moderator duties.  What the hell does that even mean?  I said both moderators treated each candidate fairly.

You know what I meant anyway.  You're just being a dick.

If you can't see that Ifill's background puts her on the side of the left, there's no use responding to you seriously.

You are engaging in the timeworn tradition of crying like a pussy about the liberal media.  You rightwingers are all victims of this media.  But thank god the moderators could curb their natural liberal impulses to give a fair shake to the republican.

Stop that.  She did an outstandingly bad job of moderating the debate.  If anything, she showed an incompetent bias with strong leanings toward favoring Palin.

How else do you explain letting Palin not answer the questions asked again and again and again? 

Or is that your idea of 'fair and balanced'?  Let the republican numbskull avoid answering the questions posed.  That's the ticket.

Have you ever watched Washington Week in Review?  Do you even know what show that is? 

Since we are getting all folksy here about our liberal media, did you know Condoleezza Rica and Ifill are personal friends?  That's the sign of an obvious leftwinger.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 07:03:41 AM »
You are engaging in the timeworn tradition of crying like a pussy about the liberal media.  You rightwingers are all victims of this media.  But thank god the moderators could curb their natural liberal impulses to give a fair shake to the republican.

Stop that.  She did an outstandingly bad job of moderating the debate.  If anything, she showed an incompetent bias with strong leanings toward favoring Palin.

How else do you explain letting Palin not answer the questions asked again and again and again? 

Or is that your idea of 'fair and balanced'?  Let the republican numbskull avoid answering the questions posed.  That's the ticket.

Have you ever watched Washington Week in Review?  Do you even know what show that is? 

Since we are getting all folksy here about our liberal media, did you know Condoleezza Rica and Ifill are personal friends?  That's the sign of an obvious leftwinger.

Serioulsly, what are you talking about?  I didn't complain about the liberal media at all.  I said they treated each candidate fairly, despite their own personal affiliations.  Whether they did a good job was not the point, it was their treatment of each candidate.  That's it.

Your statement implied that you didn't believe that the moderators had liberal tendencies.  Even SNL made fun of Ifilln.
Y

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 07:22:12 AM »
Serioulsly, what are you talking about?  I didn't complain about the liberal media at all.  I said they treated each candidate fairly, despite their own personal affiliations.  Whether they did a good job was not the point, it was their treatment of each candidate.  That's it.

Your statement implied that you didn't believe that the moderators had liberal tendencies.  Even SNL made fun of Ifilln.
Complaining?  You matter-of-factly state the liberal bias of the mediators and and you express wonder about my statements.

Ok.

If the moderator does a good job as moderator, then each candidate is treated fairly.  Is that a fair statement? 

There is no thing-in-itself reality.  Therefore bias is present all the time.  Is that bias unfair?  I don't know.  I know Ifill did a horrible job moderating the debate and b/c of her inadequate performance, Sarah Palin got a free ride.  Palin answered questions when she felt like it and delivered disassociated canned answers to the quesions she wouldn't answer forthright.

I watched the SNL bit.  It's always entertaining to me for the masses to believe that SNL is some hip liberal show when it's owned by the Military Industrial Complex aka General Electric.

Yeah, there's top down control of all corporate assets of GE...except for SNL.  I'm sure GE will finance a show at odds with its corporate bottom line.
Of course.  That goes hand in glove with the comedy sketch rightfully portraying Bush as a mass murderer.  Oh wait, that sketch never happened.  We saw the one that shows Bush as a bumbler.  Zing!