Author Topic: In 1945 a Large Airplane Hit the Empire State Building...  (Read 3530 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
In 1945 a Large Airplane Hit the Empire State Building...
« on: October 03, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
1945 plane crash

Crash by a U.S. Army B-25 bomber on July 28, 1945At 9:40 a.m. on Saturday, July 28, 1945, a B-25 Mitchell bomber, piloted in thick fog by Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith, Jr., accidentally crashed into the north side of the Empire State Building, between the 79th and 80th floors, where the offices of the National Catholic Welfare Council were located. One engine shot through the side opposite the impact and fell on a nearby building; the other plummeted down an elevator shaft. The resulting fire was extinguished in 40 minutes. Fourteen people were killed in the incident.[16][17] Elevator operator Betty Lou Oliver survived a plunge of 75 stories inside an elevator, which still stands as the Guinness World Record for the longest survived elevator fall recorded.[18] Despite the damage and loss of life, the building was open for business on many floors on the following Monday. The crash helped spur the passage of the long-pending Federal Tort Claims Act of 1946, as well as the insertion of retroactivity provisions in the law, allowing people to sue the government for the accident.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_State_Building

I hate the State.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
Re: In 1945 a Large Airplane Hit the Empire State Building...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
3 buildings in history collapsed in the history of the world. There have been skyscrapers that have burned for over 30 hours and the shell of the building never came down...

Sept 11 2001 World Trade Center 1
Sept 11 2001 World Trade Center 2
Sept 11 2001 World Trade Center 7

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
3 buildings in history collapsed in the history of the world. There have been skyscrapers that have burned for over 30 hours and the shell of the building never came down...

It is quite remarkable isn't it? ;D
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »

Where did u get ur degree in Structural Engineering? ::)
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
Where did u get ur degree in Structural Engineering? ::)

What does that have to do with the fact that only 3 skyscrapers in history collapsed due to fire?
I hate the State.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
1. Look at the size difference.
2. One was loaded with enough jet fuel to make a cross country flight.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 03:20:41 PM »
What was it that crashed into it in 1945?

A b-17?

::)

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »
B-25D Bomber

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
Ah...but I thought it was the fire that brought the towers down and the planes were just a catalyst?
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »
We've covered this to death, to death. U guys have no idea what happened. U have no insight into what happened. Forget it. Piecing together facts from internet bulletin boards makes u neither expert nor insightful into the events of 911. For whatever reason u want to believe that something more had to happened on that day. I think its because life is to normal or something for some of u guys. Or becaues u've seen to many Hollywood movies. Or because u see the US as the bad guy in everything. Either way,  for every idiot point for a conspiracy there is a logical point to dispute it.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
Ah...but I thought it was the fire that brought the towers down and the planes were just a catalyst?

Was the fire nearly as large?   Was the impact nearly as strong?   Was the amount of fuel nearly as much?  Did the fuel burn nearly as hot? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
Where did it hit on the building?
Speed, angle, etc etc.......
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 03:38:21 PM »
We've covered this to death, to death. U guys have no idea what happened. U have no insight into what happened. Forget it. Piecing together facts from internet bulletin boards makes u neither expert nor insightful into the events of 911. For whatever reason u want to believe that something more had to happened on that day. I think its because life is to normal or something for some of u guys. Or becaues u've seen to many Hollywood movies. Or because u see the US as the bad guy in everything. Either way,  for every idiot point for a conspiracy there is a logical point to dispute it.

I think what differentiates you from many here is your blind loyalty to anything American. If you were ordered by the President to mow down hundreds of foreign civilians with a Gatling gun I am quite sure you would do it; to many in the world, America IS the bad guy; we impose our military presence on people and places that don't want us there and we threaten others with our 'military might'. It seems even you need a religion, which in your case in patriotism (blind loyalty to anything concerning the country of your coincidental birth).
I hate the State.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »
I think what differentiates you from many here is your blind loyalty to anything American. If you were ordered by the President to mow down hundreds of foreign civilians with a Gatling gun I am quite sure you would do it; to many in the world, America IS the bad guy; we impose our military presence on people and places that don't want us there and we threaten others with our 'military might'. It seems even you need a religion, which in your case in patriotism (blind loyalty to anything concerning the country of your coincidental birth).

What differenciates you from a rational thinking human bieng is that you think your own government planned the death of over 4000 people in order to start a war with a country when they forgot in their masterful plan to plant evidence leading back to that country.

This has been disproven so many times by so many organizations its rediculous. This is an insult to the people who were killed on those planes, the buildings, and the famlies affected by the deaths.

Saying that him not believeing in some BS conspiracy theory equates to him bieng capable of mowing down innocent people just underscores your ignorance and that of people who think like you do.  You people are constatly reminding us how stupid we are when you are the ones who cannot accept reality and make up fairlytales because you cannot accept the truth.

Keep Bashing Americans, Keep bashing religion, keep bashing patriotism.  Its great to know where you stand.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »
What differenciates you from a rational thinking human bieng is that you think your own government planned the death of over 4000 people in order to start a war with a country when they forgot in their masterful plan to plant evidence leading back to that country.

This has been disproven so many times by so many organizations its rediculous. This is an insult to the people who were killed on those planes, the buildings, and the famlies affected by the deaths.

Saying that him not believeing in some BS conspiracy theory equates to him bieng capable of mowing down innocent people just underscores your ignorance and that of people who think like you do.  You people are constatly reminding us how stupid we are when you are the ones who cannot accept reality and make up fairlytales because you cannot accept the truth.

Keep Bashing Americans, Keep bashing religion, keep bashing patriotism.  Its great to know where you stand.

Do you misspell all those words on purpose? ???

Patriotism is the beginning of fascism. Pride in a geographical accident? No, I don't think so. You don't know Headhunter and his love of war. He kills for oil and enjoys it because he is a 'patriot', he enjoys killing for the American people.
I hate the State.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »

Patriotism is the beginning of fascism. Pride in a geographical accident? No, I don't think so. You don't know Headhunter and his love of war. He kills for oil and enjoys it because he is a 'patriot', he enjoys killing for the American people.

If you are going to dog on my grammer you should copy and past that first part of your message in every reply to me  because I type fast and with reckless abandon.

What is wrong with bieng proud of your country? You call the American Recolution a Geographical Accident? Do feel at all grateful for the men and women who have died throughout history for this country? 

OR

are you from another country?

You guys think you are superiour to anyone who thinks differently than you. Its a bit Ironic.

I feel like im bieng a broken record but read this http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 04:27:22 PM »

thats right you are the guy who agrued with me that patriotism is bad... ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »
thats right you are the guy who agrued with me that patriotism is bad... ::)

It is bad because it inevitably leads to selfrighteousness, a belief that anything done in the name of one's 'country' is justifiable and desirable and ultimately to fascism. Worst of all is its faulty logic; we are born in the countries we are born in due to coincidence and accident, things that no one rational man should be proud of. Pride should be felt for individual deeds, not those of long dead men who have nothing to do with you.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »
It is bad because it inevitably leads to selfrighteousness, a belief that anything done in the name of one's 'country' is justifiable and desirable and ultimately to fascism. Worst of all is its faulty logic; we are born in the countries we are born in due to coincidence and accident, things that no one rational man should be proud of. Pride should be felt for individual deeds, not those of long dead men who have nothing to do with you.
LOL it also leads to unity and trying to make your country better when you see it doing something it shouldnt be. It not accident if your parents moved here or choose not to move away. They do have something to do with you their individual deeds lead to the freedoms and rights that we now enjoy and our individual deeds will ensure those rights and freedoms to our children.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »
LOL it also leads to unity and trying to make your country better when you see it doing something it shouldnt be. It not accident if your parents moved here or choose not to move away. They do have something to do with you their individual deeds lead to the freedoms and rights that we now enjoy and our individual deeds will ensure those rights and freedoms to our children.

So invading other countries, military occupation and overspending billions of dollars are things making your country better? ???
I hate the State.

G.STEELE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
granted the bomber was a much smaller plane. But, the wtc towers were also much larger, more modern buildings, in fact designed to have a commercial jet crashed into them.

even given that, who knows. what about wtc7 though????? the only modern skyscraper to have ever collapsed from fire alone, in a matter of hours no less.

also the Bank of america building in los angeles, an 850 ft skyscraper, sustained a major fire a while back about halfway up. something like 3-4 entire floors burned for like 2 days straight. the result? a burned out, beat up section, but a standing tower whose structural integrity was never in danger of collapsing.
again who knows but it certainly seems a bit strange

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »
So invading other countries, military occupation and overspending billions of dollars are things making your country better? ???
no you numbnut but its love for your country that makes you care about these thing and invading other countries to protect yourself is not a bad thing. If everybody had the mindset like you did there would be no coperation no helping each other out, shitty world to live in if you ask me.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »
no you numbnut but its love for your country that makes you care about these thing and invading other countries to protect yourself is not a bad thing. If everybody had the mindset like you did there would be no coperation no helping each other out, shitty world to live in if you ask me.

No social programs... You dislike social programs right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »
No social programs... You dislike social programs right?
LOL what? i dont dislike all social programs i have a deep dislike on how some of the social programs we have now are run though.