Author Topic: Overload was correct all along... (his acne treatment!)  (Read 1679 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Overload was correct all along... (his acne treatment!)
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »
Overload has always stated that benedryl cleared acne.  I never thought how this would occur, but apparently sebocyte have receptors for histamine, and since benedryl is an antihistamine, it reduces sebum production and improves acne!  very interesting!

read the proof below:

J Invest Dermatol. 2008 May;128(5):1280-5. Epub 2007 Nov 15. Links
Identification of histamine receptors and reduction of squalene levels by an antihistamine in sebocytes.Pelle E, McCarthy J, Seltmann H, Huang X, Mammone T, Zouboulis CC, Maes D.
Estee Lauder Research Laboratories, Melville, New York 11747, USA. epelle@estee.com

Overproduction of sebum, especially during adolescence, is causally related to acne and inflammation. As a way to reduce sebum and its interference with the process of follicular keratinization in the pilosebaceous unit leading to inflammatory acne lesions, antihistamines were investigated for their effect on sebocytes, the major cell of the sebaceous gland responsible for producing sebum. Reverse transcriptase-PCR analysis and immunofluorescence of an immortalized sebocyte cell line (SZ95) revealed the presence of histamine-1 receptor (H-1 receptor), and thus indicated that histamines and, conversely, antihistamines could potentially modulate sebocyte function directly. When sebocytes were incubated with an H-1 receptor antagonist, diphenhydramine (DPH), at non-cytotoxic doses, a significant decrease in squalene levels, a biomarker for sebum, was observed. As determined by high-performance liquid chromatography, untreated sebocytes contained 6.27 (+/-0.73) nmol squalene per 10(6) cells, whereas for DPH-treated cells, the levels were 2.37 (+/-0.24) and 2.03 (+/-0.97) nmol squalene per 10(6) cells at 50 and 100 microM, respectively. These data were further substantiated by the identification of histamine receptors in human sebaceous glands. In conclusion, our data show the presence of histamine receptors on sebocytes, demonstrate how an antagonist to these receptors modulated cellular function, and may indicate a new paradigm for acne therapy involving an H-1 receptor-mediated pathway.
you are gay.

4thAD

Re: Overload was correct all along... (his acne treatment!)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
Ive been using 1 benny everyday and it works! I dont have a real problem with acne, but it is definitely keeping me nice and clear.

Thanx for the study Worm!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:33:16 PM »
no problem!  its the most interesting thing i have read in a while.  I suffer from acne on my back and some greasy ass skin during the day, so i will start benedryl tommorrow and will keep you all updated.
you are gay.

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
Yeah make sure you take it at night and have plenty of time for sleep. It will make you tired.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:36:59 PM »
how much you taking right now?

does it make you really drowsy the next day?
you are gay.

dustin

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »
Don't take too much though. It messes up choline production (or something to that affect) and you get pretty fucking burnt after a while. I take no more than 1 a night when I need to, and even after a few days I get very slow in the morning. I'm probably a lot more sensitive to it, but I've seen others get really burnt from taking too much Benadryl.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »
So just take 1 liquid gel cap of plain Benadryl?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »
how much you taking right now?

does it make you really drowsy the next day?

It depends on the person - I'll take 25-50mg & generally won't get tired at all during the day. Sometimes later in the day it'll make me tired but I think that's also just fatigue setting in too.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 07:55:29 AM »
Another interesting thing, about five years ago I got a really bad case of hives. I ended up in the ER. They gave me 400mg of IV benadryl. I thought it would be awesome because it was late at night. I figured I could waste a couple hours sleeping. Well, that lasted about fifteen minutes (no joke) after that I was wired. I couldn't/didn't sleep again for about eight or nine more hours.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 08:00:03 AM »
no problem!  its the most interesting thing i have read in a while.  I suffer from acne on my back and some greasy ass skin during the day, so i will start benedryl tommorrow and will keep you all updated.

keep up updated bro!  8)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
i started taking the benadryl also, it seemed to help some but i still get like 1 or 2 random acne's on either my delts or back

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 10:33:43 AM »
Overload has always stated that benedryl cleared acne.  I never thought how this would occur, but apparently sebocyte have receptors for histamine, and since benedryl is an antihistamine, it reduces sebum production and improves acne!

Overload tends to be right about alot of things.

He's been around.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 01:03:39 PM »
When using ephedrine or clen ill use up to 150-200mg diphenhydramine everynight ( i have sleeping prolems anyways and i discontinue melatonin and just increase bendryl to compensate. )

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 07:17:12 AM »
 ;)

Glad i could help.

8)