Author Topic: Bush signs bailout bill  (Read 489 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Bush signs bailout bill
« on: October 03, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »

I believe the bill reads : Fuck You America, I'm movin to Paraguay.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Bush signs bailout bill
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:43:20 AM »
Was there ever any doubt that this bill was going to be passed? I mean, the great propaganda machine, aka "American" media, hasn't stopped warning people of what would happen if the bill were not signed... Hell, they're doing it right now! So, once the debate goes from its logical sequence of "Should we bail companies out?" to "Should we pass Da Bill?" you know the debate has been narrowed down, dumbed down so to speak, because the decision has already been made.

I mean, American "liberal" media are such propagandists that they WILL NOT even hint at investigating (which is what reporters in other countries do) the problem, not even reporting on alternative solutions. Have you seen any documentaries about what caused this mess? We will eventually, like 50 years from now. Have you seen any fingerpointing at who has caused this mess?

American media is on full propaganda mode right now.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 06:05:17 AM »
The problem is that most people were on the same page.  Perhaps something was a necessary evil, but not this bill in the way it was written IMO.

Thanks to representatives like Steve Latourette from ohio for speaking out against this bill all the way until the vote when most of his collegues gathered together like sheep in a heard.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 06:27:51 AM »
The American people didn't want this bill.

It's amazing that the American people have lost their faith in their government.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:57:04 AM »
The problem is that most people were on the same page.  Perhaps something was a necessary evil, but not this bill in the way it was written IMO.

Thanks to representatives like Steve Latourette from ohio for speaking out against this bill all the way until the vote when most of his collegues gathered together like sheep in a heard.

What really amazes me is how ill-informed we all are. I mean, NO ONE out there is willing to report on what really caused the problem and why the American taxpayer should not bail out anyone except themselves. I mean I reckon a time (back in the day when people borrowing too much dough to buy a house they could not afford) in which so-called experts went on national TV critisizing regular Americans!!! for making such bad decisions: Buying a house they could not afford, spending more than they make. Meanwhile these great conglomerates, the same ones that get Big Money through tax breaks, leverage the equivalent of borrowing 30 times what they owe, eventually losing ALL and no one says shit.

This is FUCKING unbelievable.

Something's gotta break somewhere...

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 07:00:38 AM »
The American people didn't want this bill.

It's amazing that the American people have lost their faith in their government.

American government is not!

The US government is now CLEARLY in the hands of Big Business.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 07:34:04 AM »
This bill is the biggest theft of any society since the Romans invaded part of the Upper Danube. Imagine the media told us the truth: All the debts, all the credit card debt, all those trips the CEOs and high executives took to Bora Bora with their mistresses, all those dinners, the hundreds of millions these people gave themselves in the form of bonuses... all of this YOU and I are going to pay for it. Because if ya think, for a single fucking second, that we're gonna buy ONLY the "toxic" stuff...  you're in for a surprise!

If the bill is passed these companies will rebundle all of their debt, mortgage-related or not, into MBS (mortgage-backed securities) and hand YOU and I the bill.

People, if you're willing to put up with that, then the empire is over.