Author Topic: Who says Canadian Politicians are boring?  (Read 522 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Who says Canadian Politicians are boring?
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
NDP Candidate Quits In Wake Of Obscene Comments
Saturday October 4, 2008
CityNews.ca Staff

An NDP candidate from the Toronto area has quit over obscene postings on the Internet.

Andrew McKeever, who was to have represented a Durham riding, resigned after the online comments, which included derogatory comments about a woman and a threat to beat up a critic, raised a furor.

"Because of the repetition of comments I made before becoming a candidate, comments that I have already apologized for and profoundly regret, I can no longer continue as a candidate," McKeever wrote.

"This ceaseless repetition is damaging to everyone concerned including those I have hurt."

NDP Leader Jack Layton (pictured) had been under pressure to act after McKeever's comments raised eyebrows.

"He has resigned, we have accepted that resignation," Layton said at a Halifax campaign stop.

He's the fourth New Democrat candidate to quit the federal election race. Vancouver-area NDP candidates Dana Larsen and Kirk Tousaw resigned after online videos apparently showed them using drugs. Meanwhile, Julian West, also of B.C., ended his campaign over an incident at an environmental retreat 12 years ago where he apparently disrobed in front of minors.

w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Who says Canadian Politicians are boring?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 06:30:04 AM »
<raises hand>

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:29:12 AM »
<raises hand>

HRMPH!
No pizza for you!
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »

HRMPH!
No pizza for you!

LOL

I figured since you spend so much of your time discussing American politics you also found it boring.

Does this mean I can't offer you a slice or two? You know, to make amends?  :D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »
Wow those canadian democrats certainly seem more fit to run their country than the candidates running in this country.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »
LOL

I figured since you spend so much of your time discussing American politics you also found it boring.

Does this mean I can't offer you a slice or two? You know, to make amends?  :D

{blush}  I might be tempted to take a nibble or two.  ;)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
Wow those canadian democrats certainly seem more fit to run their country than the candidates running in this country.  ::)

{LOL} The similarities between the two are in name only. The NDP or New Democratic party is far left.
Their leader Jack Layton is a political grandstander and attention whore. This guy is so far left, he lost the endorsement of the CAW - The Canadian Auto Workers Union.

In Canada, we have a multiparty system, and our leadership race is pretty much between 5 candidates.

The Conservatives - Right Wing - Leader Stephen Harper
The Liberal Party of Canada - Center - Leader Stéphane Dion
The New Democrat Party - Left Wing - Leader Jack Layton
The Green Party - Environmental Focus - Leader Elizabeth May
The Bloc Quebecois - The Quebec Separatist Party (fielding candidates only in Quebec) - Leader Gilles DuCeppe

Then you have your various fringe parties ...communist party, etc., etc., etc.

At one point both Jack Layton & Stephen Harper vowed to boycott the Leadership debate if Elizabeth May was allowed to participate. Liberal Leader Stephane Dion stood his ground and demanded she be allowed in the debate and essentially told Layton & Harper he will miss them at the debate. Layton & Harper both blinked, and all 5 participated. Alot of people didn't watch though, ...it was televised the same time at the Vice Presidential Biden Palin debates.  ;D
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »
{LOL} The similarities between the two are in name only. The NDP or New Democratic party is far left.
Their leader Jack Layton is a political grandstander and attention whore. This guy is so far left, he lost the endorsement of the CAW - The Canadian Auto Workers Union.

In Canada, we have a multiparty system, and our leadership race is pretty much between 5 candidates.

The Conservatives - Right Wing - Leader Stephen Harper
The Liberal Party of Canada - Center - Leader Stéphane Dion
The New Democrat Party - Left Wing - Leader Jack Layton
The Green Party - Environmental Focus - Leader Elizabeth May
The Bloc Quebecois - The Quebec Separatist Party (fielding candidates only in Quebec) - Leader Gilles DuCeppe

Then you have your various fringe parties ...communist party, etc., etc., etc.

At one point both Jack Layton & Stephen Harper vowed to boycott the Leadership debate if Elizabeth May was allowed to participate. Liberal Leader Stephane Dion stood his ground and demanded she be allowed in the debate and essentially told Layton & Harper he will miss them at the debate. Layton & Harper both blinked, and all 5 participated. Alot of people didn't watch though, ...it was televised the same time at the Vice Presidential Biden Palin debates.  ;D

Nice! Good for Canada.

Sounds like everyone has a place at the table and gets their voice heard.

Unlike America's clusterfuck two party system.  >:(