Author Topic: Obama vs. Palin - Who is the bigger popstar??  (Read 1060 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Obama vs. Palin - Who is the bigger popstar??
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:25:15 AM »
I can only tell from an european perspective, but before Palin was nominated for running mate nobody over here cared about McCain, probably most people didn't even know how McCain looked like. Obama was everywhere, a real popstar!!

Now, since Palin stepped into the spotlight, everybody is just talkin' about the Republicans, her and McCain. Haven't heared much about Obama for weeks. Palin is everywhere, even the bigger popstar than Obama was!

Off course she polarises, but if the Republicans had the motto "Any kind of propaganda is good propaganda!" in mind she definetely was a wise choice, they kicked Obama out of the media focus.

Discuss

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Obama vs. Palin - Who is the bigger popstar??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:33:27 AM »
Make no mistake, Palin will sink Mccain's ship.
from incomplete data

io856

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:57:17 AM »
Palin created McCain's ship are you kidding me!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:16:03 AM »
Agreed...she sank it for me. Poor John McCain took a beating during the VP debate and he was'nt even there! Biden disected McCain's agenda and exposed the fact that Palin was incapable of defending her running mate. Biden HAMMERED the Exxon tax break and she never once rebuttled. Biden HAMMERED the fact that McCain has NO EXIT strategy for Iraq and he also made her look like a fool when she described her big plans for "running the senate" as the VP!!!HAHA...she looked "coached" and this was a classic example of teacher(Biden) vs. student(Palin)...at times during the debate I actually felt sorry for her..she looked so uncomfortable and she jumbled more words than expected. She should really stop trying to smile so much when talking..it's very annoying and I think it breaks her concentration...only Mary Hart (Entertainment Tonight) could smile and talk at the same time!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 06:20:30 AM »

Well, she created the MS Titanic then. The financial crisis and Obama is the iceberg. You do the math.
from incomplete data

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:39:58 PM »
Unfortunately,

John McCain will get the brunt of this economical failures blamed on him. Both Candidates are in the senate and knew things were falling apart. McCain at least tried to tell the Bush Administration there were problems. Obama did nothing but talk to his people about his chances to win the Election in 08... He has been in the Senate less than 4 years and is one of the most crooked politicians in the Senate.

There was a census on Pork barrel spending:
Obama over 900 days in the senate: Earmarks requested= 900 million
McCain over 7000 days in the senate: Earmarks requested= none.

What gives?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
Mccain could do two things to win this election:

1) bash the shit out of Bush for every mistake he's made

2) dump Palin - in the midst of an investigation (where she looks plenty guilty with the evidence we've seen) - and pick up Financial Wizard Mitt Romney.

He won't, but that's how he could win it.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »

You're WRONG!!! She has energized that ship.  All of my republican friends are much more fired up about this election now that she is in it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »
You're WRONG!!! She has energized that ship.  All of my republican friends are much more fired up about this election now that she is in it.

Aren't they a little bit concerned that she has become so flustered by simple questions in interviews?

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »
Mccain could do two things to win this election:

1) bash the shit out of Bush for every mistake he's made

2) dump Palin - in the midst of an investigation (where she looks plenty guilty with the evidence we've seen) - and pick up Financial Wizard Mitt Romney.

He won't, but that's how he could win it.

Sorry 240,

Palin was picked by McCain so he could get the conservative base, and in all essence she has done that. She is also picked to get those uncommitted republicans that could be swung to McCain. I think, she is doing what she was chosen to do. You are going to see a lot of fire coming from her against Obama. I was watching Hannity tonight on Sunday. Someone finally has done an expose on Obama and all the ties he has with the very questionable people. Now, I know that most politicians has skeleton's in the closet but Obama hasn't covered his tracks that well. There is a trail a mile long on his shady past. The problem is the Main Stream media will never push these issues because it will have bad rating problems and most of the media moguls are in the pocket of Obama.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 08:37:09 PM »
pretty knowledgeable about us.. politics for a young aussie... your a smart kid..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
what are his 'ties' to ayers?

i've seen that he served on some committee to help the community, where there were a dozen or more community leaders, and the two happened to be on the same committee.

was he connected in any way besides that?

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Ayers was the one that got his run for the Senate going. I know you and I will disagree on many things when it comes to politics. I do respect a lot of things you say on this board but I don't think we will agree on much except the fact that there DOES need to be change...I have a feeling that it doesn't matter which party gets the nod for the white house, they will have to do more of the will of the people. They are going to be scrutinized more and more in the future do to this financial mess. It is not status quo any longer.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »
You're WRONG!!! She has energized that ship. 

Energized very much like you can make yourself feel better by peeing your pants - feels nice and warm in the beginning, but not for two months

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 01:54:39 AM »
Energized very much like you can make yourself feel better by peeing your pants - feels nice and warm in the beginning, but not for two months

what a visual!

I suspect it is very much like Hugo predicted as soon as she was announced.
Ya, he got his religious right all fired up, ...but he's losing the middle, ...and if he's to win, he needs them too.
No matter what, ...he already had the religious right. They may not have been jumping up & down singin Hallelujah, but he still had them. By picking Palin, he's jeopardized his mainstream voters in order to pander to a vote he already had sewn up. it was a desperate and erratic move and it will cost him the election. I heard in addition to Michigan, ...he's also pulled up stakes in virginia as well. Their next move will probably be Bristol's wedding.

ps: That would be sooo hilarious if they tried that, ...only to find YouTube footage of a drunken bristol gettin' jiggy with the male stripper(s) from her Crown Royal & Wild Turkey soaked stagette.
w

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »
It all makes sense now.

Republicans will simply not vote for an intelligent, thoughtful candidate.

Run GW Bush...a clumsy dullard of a man who only excercises thinking when it comes to killing foreign peasants or mocking the government of and by the People, otherwise he's at home spewing platitudes about tax cuts and clearing brush from the land.

That appeals to the republican voter.

2008.  Hmmmm.  McCain's not the brightest bulb but he's not really dumb enough to make that connection to the republican base.

Enter:  Sarah Palin.  She can't remember a newspaper or periodical she's read, she's ignorant as to the politics of the last 8 years, and she can't sound even modestly capable when discussing current events.

...She's perfect.

Pure intellectual compost...she fits right in with the republican ideal of a leader.

Consider the republican base ENERGIZED!