Author Topic: Take a break,come "off", or stay on??  (Read 2579 times)

Massquest

• Getbig II
Take a break,come "off", or stay on??
« on: October 06, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
Ok, I’ve been on for almost 16wks now. I’m about where I want to be at this point physically (around 205-210 lbs). Bodyfat is a little up right now, but no biggy. I’m trying to pace myself for some upcoming photo shoots I have starting in mid December. So whatever I do between now and then, I need to be sure I’m at my peak condition come mid December.

I want to add another 10 lbs and come in around 215-220 lbs shredded. Thing is, I’ve been on and training for nearly 16 wks… and at this point I’m just feeling like I need a break. I'm having trouble keeping up the intensity and focus needed to push myself through my workouts right now. I don’t want to keep training all the way through Dec and end up burning myself out. So the question is, what should I do? Do I take a 2-3wk break and then hit my training hard again (once refreshed) to prepare for Dec, or do I just keep at it (trying not to half ass it in the gym) and risk getting burnt out?

If I take a break, do I come off the gear or do I stay on to make sure I don’t loose anything so I can start right back where I left off? I know it's a lot of questions, but any advice is appreciated.

BTW, I'm currently on 500mg/wk test cyp.   

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
Re: Take a break,come "off", or stay on??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:35:02 PM »
Dude, no way in hell you going to be shredded at 220 only taking 500/week.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:57:43 PM »
quoted for absolute truth.

Massquest

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »
I'm going to change my cycle going into December. I'm just on 500mg of test at this phase of things. BTW, I don't mean super shredded like contest type shredded. I'm talking for photography purposes.

Any advice on what to do right now??

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:15:23 PM »
if you want 10lbs lean muscle between now and december you need to run some adex some tren keep the test use some dbol and maybe some slin post workout and t3 too ...just keepin it real... of course there are others ways to do it and other drug comboniations you could use but im just giving an example of one way to effectively reach your goal..

Massquest

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 07:38:37 PM »
For sure I'm gonna be running tren, but I wanted to wait a bit longer before I started on it. I've got dbol, winstrol, and NPP I can throw in the mix as well. What I really want to know is will I be hindering myself by taking a break from training right now? Do I need to keep going, or can I stop training for 2 wks and still make my goals by December?

4thAD

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »
Ok, I’ve been on for almost 16wks now. I’m about where I want to be at this point physically (around 205-210 lbs). Bodyfat is a little up right now, but no biggy. I’m trying to pace myself for some upcoming photo shoots I have starting in mid December. So whatever I do between now and then, I need to be sure I’m at my peak condition come mid December.

I want to add another 10 lbs and come in around 215-220 lbs shredded. Thing is, I’ve been on and training for nearly 16 wks… and at this point I’m just feeling like I need a break. I'm having trouble keeping up the intensity and focus needed to push myself through my workouts right now. I don’t want to keep training all the way through Dec and end up burning myself out. So the question is, what should I do? Do I take a 2-3wk break and then hit my training hard again (once refreshed) to prepare for Dec, or do I just keep at it (trying not to half ass it in the gym) and risk getting burnt out?

If I take a break, do I come off the gear or do I stay on to make sure I don’t loose anything so I can start right back where I left off? I know it's a lot of questions, but any advice is appreciated.

Why do you want to stop training? If your body needs a break you will be fine IMO. There is no way you are going to shredded @ 215 - 220# by December if you are now 205 carrying fat. It doesn't matter how much gear you use between now and then. If you want quality mass and the most possible in this short time frame, run test and tren (dbol if you want). Nothing else is necessary.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 08:19:47 PM »
4thAD is right, what you're asking for is nearly impossible. He is also right about taking a break if you need one...there is nothing wrong with taking a break form training...most people need the break and most people would benefit more if they did take a break from hard training.

If you take a break, this doesn't mean you sit on your ass and do nothing eating like a pig all day. Stay on your diet, but try to do some sort of activity every day. When I break I usually just go to the gym and bust out some good cardio.

Last thing, stay on your test. At this point there is no point in coming off because you'll be off for such a short time that you'll be doing more bad then good to your body. You can stay right at 500mg/wk or you could even drop it down to 250mg/wk for the next little while until you start whatever cycle it is you have planned for your photo shoot prep.

Massquest

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »
Why do you want to stop training? If your body needs a break you will be fine IMO. There is no way you are going to shredded @ 215 - 220# by December if you are now 205 carrying fat. It doesn't matter how much gear you use between now and then. If you want quality mass and the most possible in this short time frame, run test and tren (dbol if you want). Nothing else is necessary.

That was my original plan (to run test/tren). I definitely feel like my body needs a break. So I'll cut back for 2 wks, and stay on the test. Then I guess I'll see how much progress I can make between then and December.

4thAD

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
Bumping what AJ said about taking your break. Keep the cardio up and remain active as to not add any fat from being lazy. Continue to eat clean, and the tren and test should do you just fine. Rethinking this I would stay away from the dbol, because this will just add more water. Personally I would drop the test down to 250mg ew to avoid unnecessary water, and run the tren at what ever is safe for you. I would run it @ 75mg eod.

dustin

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
Uhh.. time to get realistic, bro. Set short term, achievable goals and worry about the drug regimen later. The other guys presented good enough advice so I won't comment on that. But I think your goals are out of a alignment, as least as far as the time frame is concerned.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
I take a week off, even when I'm on cycle, ever 12-16 weeks.  Doesn't matter where I'm at in the cycle, but I always break.  Does the body good and you come back refreshed and injury free (usually).  AJ and 4th are right, you aren't going to be anywhere near 220 and lean if you are where you are now, just aint gonna happen.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 04:42:49 PM »
4thAD is right, what you're asking for is nearly impossible. He is also right about taking a break if you need one...there is nothing wrong with taking a break form training...most people need the break and most people would benefit more if they did take a break from hard training.

If you take a break, this doesn't myou sit on your ass and do nothing eating like a pig all day. Stay on your diet,ean  but try to do some sort of activity every day. When I break I usually just go to the gym and bust out some good cardio.

Last thing, stay on your test. At this point there is no point in coming off because you'll be off for such a short time that you'll be doing more bad then good to your body. You can stay right at 500mg/wk or you could even drop it down to 250mg/wk for the next little while until you start whatever cycle it is you have planned for your photo shoot prep.
I am doing it all wrong Arnold jr. I am about to go on vacation for 10days and i planned on sitting on my ass and eating like a pig the whole time

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 05:49:12 PM »
I am doing it all wrong Arnold jr. I am about to go on vacation for 10days and i planned on sitting on my ass and eating like a pig the whole time

Nothing wrong with vacation time and eating like a fat ass pig...I love it, lol!

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »
Nothing wrong with vacation time and eating like a fat ass pig...I love it, lol!
yeah I know my body is screaming for a break...mentally for me it is hard not to train but I know it is the best thing for me

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
NEVER COME OFF. STAY ON TILL YOU KICK THA CURB!!! Much better quality of life!!  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

What the hell were you thinking !?!?!? that's one of the worst possible things you could take to want to get shredded, lots of water bloat, you'd have been much better off with a Prop/Winny/NPP and Anavar cycle!!

that's like taking a transport truck to a car race against a corvette..

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »
What the hell were you thinking !?!?!? that's one of the worst possible things you could take to want to get shredded, lots of water bloat, you'd have been much better off with a Prop/Winny/NPP and Anavar cycle!!

that's like taking a transport truck to a car race against a corvette..

nah test cyp is just as god for cutting as test prop... aromatization of the test is what matters..and he said shredded for photos not shredded for a show.. test is a great cutting agent by itself.. in fact as far as fat burning androgens its second only to anavar..although tren is god because of the heightened energy and strength which results in better workouts more calories fat and glyocgened burned.. btu test is great...

4thAD

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »
Dizzle have you ever used tren?

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »
nah test cyp is just as god for cutting as test prop... aromatization of the test is what matters..and he said shredded for photos not shredded for a show.. test is a great cutting agent by itself.. in fact as far as fat burning androgens its second only to anavar..although tren is god because of the heightened energy and strength which results in better workouts more calories fat and glyocgened burned.. btu test is great...

quote for truth

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »

Dude, you don't know anything about steroids. Why don't you run a few cycles and then come back and talk to me.  You're telling me you're gonna hold the same amount of water with Cyp as you will with Prop?! are you retarded? that's like saying Dbol is gonna make you look the same as Anavar.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 09:01:35 PM »
Dude, you don't know anything about steroids. Why don't you run a few cycles and then come back and talk to me.  You're telling me you're gonna hold the same amount of water with Cyp as you will with Prop?! are you retarded? that's like saying Dbol is gonna make you look the same as Anavar.

:)

its possible that the heavier ester weight of cypionate will cause slightly more water retention than propionate, but most of the water weight and bloat that comes from Steroids is not due to the ester weight but due to aromitaztion of the steroid into estrogen. Cyp and Prop have the same affinity for aromaztiation , as they are both testosterone. 

and no the comparison is not the same, as dbol has the ability to aromatize and anavar does not.

hey... pop quiz... what doess dbol aromatize to ?  i want the exact term.

thanks.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
Dizzle have you ever used tren?
yup ... love the agression and vascularity !

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »
yup ... love the agression and vascularity !
lol Yet two weeks ago you were clearly asking for adice on how to best run it..just like a first timer..

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=235883.0

Again Candizzle , more bullshit..you should not be allowed in here giving advice on steroids cos you clearly lack experience other than from what you have read on the net

io856

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
I can't see anywhere in that thread that he had not tried trenbolone before.