Author Topic: Six Figure Sup Contract  (Read 1910 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Six Figure Sup Contract
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »
Does signing a bber to a $100K plus yrly contract translate into revenues for a sup company?  I just dont see it.  Personally...I've never purchased anything because a bber endorsed it.  Is this just a tax write off thing?  They could sign a 2nd-tier professional athlete and get better results.  ??? 
Oh...Monica!

io856

Re: Six Figure Sup Contract
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »
Yes, for example BSN is synonymous with Ronnie Coleman even your average run of the mill weight trainers recognize this. In fact some only recognize the branding once you make the association with the athlete.

GAT with Derek
Muscletech with Cutler

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
Does signing a bber to a $100K plus yrly contract translate into revenues for a sup company?  I just dont see it.  Personally...I've never purchased anything because a bber endorsed it.  Is this just a tax write off thing?  They could sign a 2nd-tier professional athlete and get better results.  ???  

I dont think it would have the same effect. Most people know the natural talent that is required to play sports professionally, and know the supps dpnt play a role.  Also, the general public is very poor at the ability of picking out a steroid physique

Jason

io856

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »
People see Jay Cutler training with Schiek at the gyms he goes to and his videos then want to buy it. Just another example...

Jizzacked

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
I think a 6 figure contract is really rolling the dice for the supplement company... and I doubt many such contracts even exist.. maybe for ronnie or jay but anyone else I doubt even comes close to making that being the poster boy for a supp company.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »
Short answer = NO.

Athlete contracts are simply an expensive and low ROI way of increasing exposure for a given company.  They are, to some extent, a necessary evil in terms of monetary expenditure. 
w

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »
How many people knew who BSN was B4 Ronnie signed with them?

I'd never heard of them.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:03:18 AM »
How many people knew who BSN was B4 Ronnie signed with them?

I'd never heard of them.

Thats because they never spent the advertising dollars they spent until they signed Coleman and started to place him in their ads and sponsor shows

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 05:55:57 AM »
I think a 6 figure contract is really rolling the dice for the supplement company... and I doubt many such contracts even exist.. maybe for ronnie or jay but anyone else I doubt even comes close to making that being the poster boy for a supp company.

Dex and Phil?
Oh...Monica!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »

For years, the margin for most supplement companies was huge, because all they were doing was selling sugar.  So, giving away money to bb 'celebrities' didn't hurt. 

It's an ego/'giving back' thing these days, but as long as a company can afford to give these types of contracts, let them.  It's good for the industry.

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 06:03:04 AM »
six figures is nothing.

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 06:55:13 AM »
six figures is nothing.

Ok...where are you picking up that 7 figure salary?  Inquiry minds want to know.  BTW...for a no-name contest like bbing I'd say an individual making $100K+ yrly for several years is ok.  Has Shawn Ray ever had a job...even an after school one?
Oh...Monica!

ARAGO

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 09:12:33 AM »
Ok...where are you picking up that 7 figure salary?  Inquiry minds want to know.  BTW...for a no-name contest like bbing I'd say an individual making $100K+ yrly for several years is ok.  Has Shawn Ray ever had a job...even an after school one?

unlike the leeches, i never relied on bodybuilding as my main source of income. had a college degree and a career making "six figures" already...like you cling to.

it's a weekend thing; guest posing couple of times a month, meet the fans etc.

today's poor bastards are supps companies bitches.

sad.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
People wait in the sun for 1+ hours just to meet Ronnie and pay $10 to take a pic with him.

What kinda cut of that does BSN get?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
unlike the leeches, i never relied on bodybuilding as my main source of income. had a college degree and a career making "six figures" like cling to already.

it's a weekend thing; guest posing couple of times a month, meet the fans etc.

today's poor bastards are supps companies bitches.

sad.

Are you a Pro

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 04:02:59 PM »
Yes, for example BSN is synonymous with Ronnie Coleman even your average run of the mill weight trainers recognize this. In fact some only recognize the branding once you make the association with the athlete.

GAT with Derek
Muscletech with Cutler

Oh please, BSN is more synonymous with Triple H (the WWE star) then they are or ever were with Coleman.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
Amazing that there are so many people that will but a Muscletech product because they think it was the supplement and not the Gh, Insulin, Androgens etc. that make guys like Cutler look like they do. I'd be more likely to buy a supplement if a guy that was somehow proven to be natural, made gains on the product. How can anyone judge if a supplement works on a juiced up Pro bodybuilder? Obviously the strategy works or the these guys wouldn't get these big endorsements. #1 rule of business-Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 04:38:02 PM »
Wasn't he that lowly extra who hit on Lisa Turtle in Saved by the Bell?  :D

/sorry sgt.   :D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »
Over here you can sponsor a club/athlete etc and get the money back tax free at end of tax year. You can actualy claim more if you can substantiate it

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
Amazing that there are so many people that will but a Muscletech product because they think it was the supplement and not the Gh, Insulin, Androgens etc. that make guys like Cutler look like they do. I'd be more likely to buy a supplement if a guy that was somehow proven to be natural, made gains on the product. How can anyone judge if a supplement works on a juiced up Pro bodybuilder? Obviously the strategy works or the these guys wouldn't get these big endorsements. #1 rule of business-Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

Supplement companies prime target age range is in the 14-20 year old range, at that age most kids aren't even thinking about steroids.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »
i really dont think its worth it.

hard core bodybuilders want to look like ronnie coleman jay cutler dexter jackson. hard core bodybuilders dont buy muscletech or bsn or nutrex.

teenagers want to look like terrell owens or the guy rom tommy hilfigger ads.. teenagers buy muscletech and bsn and nutrex...

if they want more sales based on people buying products thinking the products will make them look like the guy they use in the advertisement...theyd b much better off using the guy you see in the bowflex commercials or something like that..

ARAGO

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
the whole "cost" of getting ready has been greatly exaggerated by internet trollers. no top tier pro spends more than 10k yr and i know for a fact; and no one pays "retail prices" like the suckers.

gh (ran on average 6months) $400/m for us brands.
oils are cheap, max $200/m
ancillaries is where it varies, normally another $200/m

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »

theyd b much better off using the guy you see in the bowflex commercials or something like that..

An even better appoach would be to spread the money around to the magazine writers and gurus, and let them pimp your wares. Perhaps even buy a stake in a mag, much like the companies did in the 90's.   

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
when triple hhh sign w/ bsn i tried lean desssert proteins the were good
w

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
Does signing a bber to a $100K plus yrly contract translate into revenues for a sup company?  I just dont see it.  Personally...I've never purchased anything because a bber endorsed it.  Is this just a tax write off thing?  They could sign a 2nd-tier professional athlete and get better results.  ??? 

That's because you have a functioning brain. Unfortunately, it seems like most people do not. Some idiots will buy a shoe cause it says "Jordan" on it. Some will buy Creatine cause Jay Cutler "claims" to use it. Sadly, people will believe anything.

But you are right, I think they'd be better off hiring a legitimate athlete (even if it is a 2nd rate one) than a glorified male stripper.
HAHA, RON.....