Author Topic: Cheap Free Weights??  (Read 3891 times)

12secGT

• Getbig III
Cheap Free Weights??
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
Hey all -
Anyone know where to buy some weights? Dumb bells, free (Olympic)? I checked the local places like Dicks Sporting Goods, etc.. and they want a small ransom for plates and dumb bells. BTW, I am in the NYC area and either used (but in good shape) or new works... Not picky!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Cheap Free Weights??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »
Try craigslist.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:32:53 AM »
Hey all -
Anyone know where to buy some weights? Dumb bells, free (Olympic)? I checked the local places like Dicks Sporting Goods, etc.. and they want a small ransom for plates and dumb bells. BTW, I am in the NYC area and either used (but in good shape) or new works... Not picky!
Thanks Man, lots of stuff there...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »
Hey all -

The only "cheap" free weights that I've ever had were the cement weights I got, back when I was a teenager, from my old school. If you don't need any dumbbells heavier than 50-60 lbs., that route might be the way to go.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 09:06:53 AM »
If you work at a large business, check the bulletin boards, sometimes you can find some solid deals there.

PM me if you need any more help

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »
If you work at a large business, check the bulletin boards, sometimes you can find some solid deals there.

PM me if you need any more help
Thanks. I do work for a large co. but they don't have a b/board. GL has a few sets for sale in my area and the prices are ok. Atleast better than the more than a $1/pound at the local ripoff sports stores.  ::)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
Actually man i got my 300lb set with olympic bar for only $180 at Dunhams sports, Stuff at dunhams or Mc sports is usually ALWAYS on sale.

By the way the 50lb bar is included in the 300lbs

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »
Actually man i got my 300lb set with olympic bar for only $180 at Dunhams sports, Stuff at dunhams or Mc sports is usually ALWAYS on sale.

By the way the 50lb bar is included in the 300lbs
Thanks, where are they located? Internet order?

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
Thanks, where are they located? Internet order?

No problem

I hope you have a dunhams where you live but if not you should be able to get an alright priced set at Dunhams.com

If not im sorry.