Author Topic: Voting on Pins' N Needles - Obama speaks out on steroids this morning  (Read 7410 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Voting on Pins' N Needles - Obama speaks out on steroids this morning
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »
Obama and his running mate both have J.D.'s

McCain and Palin barely graduated. Now you tell me me who can relate to dumbasses better

I voted for Romney in the primary.

I am not a big McCain fan, never was, and am not now, but in a choice between something that stinks and something that is absolutely unthinkable, stinks wins out every day of the week. 

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2008, 11:27:57 AM »
Very few small businesses make over 250,000 PROFIT, not GROSS.  

You are a ignorant ass mother fucker.  Ok show me 1 stat where 99% of peoples bosses make 250,000.

If the owner of your company is making 1.2 million, and now pays a extra 30,000 in taxes do you think he is going to give you a PAY CUT? NO (which he wont because his accountant can manipulate the system and still pay less taxes)

Profit is calculate after taxes in case you missed it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »
Okay, then let me ask you a question straight up....and I am not asking if they should be allowed......but...... Should there be anabolic steroid testing in high school athletics?

If the school wants it, its up to them.

The danger in steroids with high school kids is not so much the roids, but the unsanitary practices in sharing needles, injecting themselves, etc

High school kids are not really that aware of safe and clear drug usage.   

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2008, 11:37:32 AM »
VOTE OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

What do you care. You're Canadian!  :P

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »
To recap the facts (for those interested in this issue), Biden is about the most progressive anti-steroid in athletics politician there is.  He was at the forefront of the congressional baseball steroid hearings, not McCain.  McCain has also spoke out but did not act to the same degree Biden did with the congressional hearings.  Obama makes a lot of sense on this issue but Biden is a crusaider.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »
To recap the facts (for those interested in this issue), Biden is about the most progressive anti-steroid in athletics politician there is.  He was at the forefront of the congressional baseball steroid hearings, not McCain.  McCain has also spoke out but did not act to the same degree Biden did with the congressional hearings.  Obama makes a lot of sense on this issue but Biden is a crusaider.

Yes but McCain was front in center when it came to banning MMA, which was just an awful proposal in my opinion, so fuck him, and besides if Obama becomes Prez, he will be runnin shit, not Biden. Obama is also on record as saying that he is for decriminilization of marijuana, yet another reason to vote for him because....guess what? He doesn't give a shit about all this petty crap.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »
I have heard two different arguements and #s on Obama and small business taxation.

One economic expert was saying that taxing small companies that make > $250,000 would comprise a much greater # than 5-10% of small businesses.  Obama was counting employers who make over $250,000 per yr but he said it was overall business profit I believe.  

Even if it was 10%, thats still a ton of small businesses.  It means that greater company profits will go to the gov.  You can bet company owners will hire less, pay less, spend less and have slower potential growth.

Obama is not only taxing incomes greater than 250K, he has stated capital gains tax, payroll tax and overall corporate taxes will go up.  This is an important issue that smart economists bring up but McCain is somehow lagging in highlighting these taxes.  If we punish business, workers will also be punished.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »

Even if it was 10%, thats still a ton of small businesses.  

::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
 If we punish business, workers will also be punished.
Workers don't get punished so easily if you have collective bargaining agreement... and that Free Choice Act that George W. Bush said he would veto, will easily get signed by Barrack Obama (especially with a 60 seat Senate) and thus middle class wages will rise, whether these greasy fat cat corporations like it or not

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
Okay, then let me ask you a question straight up....and I am not asking if they should be allowed......but...... Should there be anabolic steroid testing in high school athletics?

Yes, alcohol and stuff like weed is kiddy stuff compaired to dangerous steroids.

Look at taylor hooton, he killed himself because of steroids!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:36 PM »
poly, I agree with you.  IMO, both steroids and marijuana should have lessened criminal penalties because of the minimal amount of public harm compared to other problems and substances.  You absolutely cannot say they are more harmful than alcohol.  We should not be wasting federal gov time with steroids in professional athletics.  In schools, I am all for reasonable steroid deterrant programs if they are cost efficient.

As a long time assistant MMA coach, that pissed me off to man.  I hated McCain for a while.  Then he completely backed off when the boxing commissions and state athletic commissions took over the regulation of the sport.  Remember the old UFC days?  They had few rules and marketed it as a bloodfest to beer guzzling idiots.  I am a state athletic commission doc and ringside doc and the federal gov has completely backed off of MMA with the current rules and regulations.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2008, 12:07:13 PM »
Small businesses employ 65-70% off all Americans so I hope Obama will not penalyze these companies (he will be our next president so I hope for the best)

Poly, sounds like you are talking about wealthy CEOs of big companies.  Yeah, f-ck them and all their perks...but small business owners are completely different.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
Yes, alcohol and stuff like weed is kiddy stuff compaired to dangerous steroids.

Look at taylor hooton, he killed himself because of steroids!
Look first of all if you are talking about that Plano kid from north Texas.... he went to one of the biggest most competitive high schools in Texas. More than likely it was just his lack of self confidence that made him commit suicide. So what if you aren't one of the elite athletes in a school that enrolls 4 to 5 thousand student's?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »

Obama is not only taxing incomes greater than 250K, he has stated capital gains tax, payroll tax and overall corporate taxes will go up.  This is an important issue that smart economists bring up but McCain is somehow lagging in highlighting these taxes.  If we punish business, workers will also be punished.

Hussein want to keep everyone as low level employees, basically just like a communist state.
By hurting capital gain, stock market profit and so on he enslave you to your paycheck....the American dream  ::) ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2008, 12:14:07 PM »
poly, I agree with you.  IMO, both steroids and marijuana should have lessened criminal penalties because of the minimal amount of public harm compared to other problems and substances.  You absolutely cannot say they are more harmful than alcohol.  We should not be wasting federal gov time with steroids in professional athletics.  In schools, I am all for reasonable steroid deterrant programs if they are cost efficient.

As a long time assistant MMA coach, that pissed me off to man.  I hated McCain for a while.  Then he completely backed off when the boxing commissions and state athletic commissions took over the regulation of the sport.  Remember the old UFC days?  They had few rules and marketed it as a bloodfest to beer guzzling idiots.  I am a state athletic commission doc and ringside doc and the federal gov has completely backed off of MMA with the current rules and regulations.

Personally I think the old school MMA rules were alot more benefical to specifically the grapplers. jiu-jitsu, wrestlers,etc...

You are making a big point about the marketing, but really, it was the mid 90's and not a whole lot of people were knowledge about the SPORT... yes MMA is a sport!! So blame marketing not the fighting style because I think that the old school bare knuckles style would be more entertaining and socially acceptable now as we have become a more LIBERAL society.

As far as McCain, it's hard to tell we he is half the time, agreed Obama will sway a little, gay marriage, gun right..... but that old man changes his mind so often I don't even know what is talking points are half the time! And to think Ron Paul is but a year younger and sharp as a tack in his beliefs!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »

Hussein want to keep everyone as low level employees, basically just like a communist state.
By hurting capital gain, stock market profit and so on he enslave you to your paycheck....the American dream  ::) ::)
Okay, so you referred to him as "Hussein" much like all the other uneducated white trash from Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia......

I could go off on a thousand page essay on how what your saying is complete ignorance, but you are not even worth the effort with statements like that.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
Small businesses employ 65-70% off all Americans so I hope Obama will not penalyze these companies (he will be our next president so I hope for the best)

Poly, sounds like you are talking about wealthy CEOs of big companies.  Yeah, f-ck them and all their perks...but small business owners are completely different.
How specifically do you see Obama hurting small business owners that make less than half a million or so? (which is the VAST VAST majority of small business owners) Besides possibly closing small tax loopholes that they might have taken advantage of?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
Okay, so you referred to him as "Hussein" much like all the other uneducated white trash from Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia......

I could go off on a thousand page essay on how what your saying is complete ignorance, but you are not even worth the effort with statements like that.

Please go on with your essay, but please write it after:

1.Watching the video regarding Hussein DIRECT actions that helped cause the crisis.

2.Finish an MBA like the one I'm about to.

Ok? Afterward I promise to read and respond to every word.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »
Please go on with your essay, but please write it after:

1.Watching the video regarding Hussein DIRECT actions that helped cause the crisis.

2.Finish an MBA like the one I'm about to.

Ok? Afterward I promise to read and respond to every word.
His name is Barrack Obama, not HUSSEIN.

You are obviously trying to communicate to the lowest common denominator, which is not me.

Perhaps you should try to broadcast your ideas more in the racist deep south.

I care about 3 things in this upcoming election.

1. And by far THE MOST IMPORTANT... The war in Iraq, I am 27 I have friends over there in harms way over a bunch of bullshit lives from a corrupt government. Barrack was against the war, from the very beginning, I respect him for that.

2. The Economy  and the effect that widespread de-regulation has had upon it.

3. I want to see a rise in the middle class rise to it was in the 50's and 60's before politicians like Ronald Reagen (then Governor in California) stepped  in and said "Why should I pay for college for people who are eventually going to rebel against me"? 

Fuck that, it isn't patriotic just to go along with your government blindly, like so many rednecks in the south who... instead of saying 'Barrack Obama' just say "Hussein".

It's patriotic to want more out of your government.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »

There should be NO steroid testing in high schools.It is a waste of time and money.Texas wasted millions on it and caught two kids.Also,why should athletes be tested for steroids but some little queer in the band not be tested for recreational drugs.Drug testing is a violation of civil rights.It is especially a violation if its done in a school locker room by some gym teacher or coach.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
His name is Barrack Obama, not HUSSEIN.

You are obviously trying to communicate to the lowest common denominator, which is not me.

Perhaps you should try to broadcast your ideas more in the racist deep south.

I care about 3 things in this upcoming election.

1. And by far THE MOST IMPORTANT... The war in Iraq, I am 27 I have friends over there in harms way over a bunch of bullshit lives from a corrupt government. Barrack was against the war, from the very beginning, I respect him for that.

2. The Economy  and the effect that widespread de-regulation has had upon it.

3. I want to see a rise in the middle class rise to it was in the 50's and 60's before politicians like Ronald Reagen (then Governor in California) stepped  in and said "Why should I pay for college for people who are eventually going to rebel against me"? 

Fuck that, it isn't patriotic just to go along with your government blindly, like so many rednecks in the south who... instead of saying 'Barrack Obama' just say "Hussein".

It's patriotic to want more out of your government.

Hussein is his middle name.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »

He is a democrat , he doesn't bother to check the facts , don't bother him with puny things  ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
LOL but you know if John Mccain's middle name was Hilter you wouldnt call him by it...you are doing it for effect....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
LOL but you know if John Mccain's middle name was Hilter you wouldnt call him by it...you are doing it for effect....
Of course, they are so desperate it's not even funny.

The only interviews you will see them give is on Fox. Palin, who is a total cancer to the campaign, won't give another interview unless McCain is by her side to coddle her, and she is supposed to be the second most powerful person in the world? It's so sad what has become of the republican party. They have nothing to blame but themselves... you can only cry wolf for so long.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »
He is a democrat , he doesn't bother to check the facts , don't bother him with puny things  ::)
As opposed to who? Sarah Palin.... IFBBwannaB, I am a regestered indepenent, if the Democratic ticket had a VP candidate that was as big a dumbass as Sarah Palin, I would say it to you straight up, without qualms.

Why can't you? It's embarassing.