Author Topic: Why is dried fruit always so sugary?  (Read 1265 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Why is dried fruit always so sugary?
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:06:12 AM »
I bought some dried cranberries the other day and am carb loading with them right now...I was expecting a more bitter taste but they are very sugary; the same applies to all the dried fruit I have had...anyone know why?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: Why is dried fruit always so sugary?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:27:18 AM »
Less water, more taste.
Could also be added sugar, of course.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:40:32 AM »
Less water, more taste.
Could also be added sugar, of course.

Yuck.
I hate the State.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 05:25:51 AM »
Most companies add extra sugar to dried fruits - hence the sugary taste. My advice would be to read labels carefully & check for sugar listed as an ingredient.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
dont carb load wiyth fructose conatining carbs (fruits).  yuor liver is tiny asnd you;ll saturate liver glycogen quickly (long before you saturate muscle glycogen with glucose) and then youll be eating  'carbs' to fully replenish muscle glycogen but yet adding fat because liver glycogen is already full and you cant help but do so becaus e your fruits have some fructose.... fruits are very bad choice for carb loading...

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 08:27:36 AM »
dont carb load wiyth fructose conatining carbs (fruits).  yuor liver is tiny asnd you;ll saturate liver glycogen quickly (long before you saturate muscle glycogen with glucose) and then youll be eating  'carbs' to fully replenish muscle glycogen but yet adding fat because liver glycogen is already full and you cant help but do so becaus e your fruits have some fructose.... fruits are very bad choice for carb loading...
Dude - For the love of readability go back to being careful how you post.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 08:39:09 AM »
Dude - For the love of readability go back to being careful how you post.
im laying on my side eating rice steak egg whites typing with one hand on a lap top with my face propped up on three pillows just high enough to eat and read thr key board by the light of the lap top screen.. i think i am typing quit well this morning under the circumstance...  :D

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »
im laying on my side eating rice steak egg whites typing with one hand on a lap top with my face propped up on three pillows just high enough to eat and read thr key board by the light of the lap top screen.. i think i am typing quit well this morning under the circumstance...  :D
Ok - You win.  ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
I bought some dried cranberries the other day and am carb loading with them right now...I was expecting a more bitter taste but they are very sugary; the same applies to all the dried fruit I have had...anyone know why?
oh i don't know.................... ...............maybe because they add sugar to it. :o

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
Carb loading for what???