Author Topic: Mr Getbig about a week away!!!  (Read 19687 times)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
Re: Mr Getbig about a week away!!!
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »
No offense, but were you and your 22 posts even cleared for entry? Sounds snide I know and sorry, but seriously I am not sure if MS would have let you anyway.

I understand everyone's annoyance and don't even know what is going on myself. Not to excuse it, but unless an entrant had "munzer like conditioning" extra time will only serve them well.

Or as I suggested before, ask Mindspin to forgo cash prizes now and in the future - which some people [not the entrants] complained about already and they didnt want a proper judging procedure, just the board saying what they thought. Have the "contest" and award zilch - then Ron doesn't need to approve anything and those that complained money should not be awarded will also be happy.

I see it as pretty ghey if its just pics up and everyone saying who think looks best - its what we do everyday here really but not my call, and what people have asked for. Slap pics up and call it a day.

No offense taken. I took your advice and PMed MS regarding the fact I don't post much even though I have been reading these boards multiple times a week for the last few years. I know he is busy so didn't expect a reply back (haven't gotten one). I honestly wonder why you deal with being the middle-man because looking back I'm sure even my posts are coming off to you as if I am criticizing you, even though I appreciate and understand the effort you are putting in this. It is just frustrating for one to go through the dieting/training process for a contest that ISN'T coming out of left-field for the people that approve it. I just expected the "powers-that-be" around here to already KNOW this thing is going down, have a rough estimate of the time frame, and already approve it for the people actually running it.

Anyways, if the post-count was the dealbreaker for my entry or not then I could just do "LOL" and "your gay" post like 95% of the people on these boards in an hour until I do hit the required post-count. 

example: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=239055.0

That is the thread of some pics I took not long ago as kind of a "preview" for this thing. Only ONE post in it was worth a damn (you're cut but lack size post), although I'm sure my attempts at humor to the other remarks doesn't help

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »

Anyways, if the post-count was the dealbreaker for my entry or not then I could just do "LOL" and "your gay" post like 95% of the people on these boards in an hour until I do hit the required post-count. 
E

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2008, 05:40:33 PM »
Another two months to prepare? Prize money you say?

Can somebody include me, Alexxx, as competitor please!

I should be ready by then. Pic taken a few weeks ago.

Prepare yourself for the transformation.
Yep, the comp. is in two months....I mean, four months.....oh, fuck it, just be ready sometime by March...hang on to that conditioning my friend! Happy planning ::)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »
No offense taken. I took your advice and PMed MS regarding the fact I don't post much even though I have been reading these boards multiple times a week for the last few years. I know he is busy so didn't expect a reply back (haven't gotten one). I honestly wonder why you deal with being the middle-man because looking back I'm sure even my posts are coming off to you as if I am criticizing you, even though I appreciate and understand the effort you are putting in this. It is just frustrating for one to go through the dieting/training process for a contest that ISN'T coming out of left-field for the people that approve it. I just expected the "powers-that-be" around here to already KNOW this thing is going down, have a rough estimate of the time frame, and already approve it for the people actually running it.

example: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=239055.0

That is the thread of some pics I took not long ago as kind of a "preview" for this thing. Only ONE post in it was worth a damn (you're cut but lack size post), although I'm sure my attempts at humor to the other remarks doesn't help

No problem, and thanks for the nice reply. Reason why MS sets that is simply as people complain if not. And it's sticky, as same people will post complaining about a rule from MS, then pm me like a fiend telling me they agree and keep the rule.

I really per se have nothing to do with it this year since ppl requested that last year - am just helping MS a bit, can speak from last year plus MS and I are good friends, so defend him as a friend.

People say Ron will approve it easily etc - uhhh Ron approved the black star and stars last year, I pm'ed him the day of the show with profile links, sent that like 5 mor times, posted in threads, harrassed him on MSN, pm'ed him every 2 weeks for the next 3 months - and got nothing. Zilch.

Getting stuff approved is not too easy, and Ron can easily put the clamp on whatever he wants, and as we see with the stars - has.

Anyone who thinks its easy to get approval, PM Ron for me, and start with getting last years stars lol. Let's see how well it goes :-\

I am off my ass right now, and trying to see what I can do, and just sent a diatribe to Ron, so we will see. Really those who plan to enter - speak on whether you wish to forgo any prize money - that is the deal breaker I think with the hold up

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2008, 07:57:25 PM »
I'm just going to submit my pics this week because I'm going to be out of town for weeks. Is that okay Mindspin? Since Mr. Getbig supposed to been this week anyways. CQ, Ron doesn't answer people pms anyways. I dont think Mindspin needed his approval.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »
I'm just going to submit my pics this week because I'm going to be out of town for weeks. Is that okay Mindspin? Since Mr. Getbig supposed to been this week anyways. CQ, Ron doesn't answer people pms anyways. I dont think Mindspin needed his approval.

Trust me he does...

Or if he goes ahead without it, the chance of having all threads wacked and sponsor lost is there, and I do mean there if you catch my meaning. :-\

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »
okay...it's like 3am where I am.  I've not read the whole thread.  All I can say is that if you're not happy with how we're running the show, then go fuck yourself.  I'm not making a dime out of this.  Neither is CQ or 240.  We're doing it for you ungrateful sacks of shit.  If u don't like it, we can just pull the plug on the whole thing.  Let me know....
w

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2008, 12:26:48 AM »
Here's a crazy thought:

Take the pics now(while you're shredded) and submit them later.

:D

for you to masturbate?

noooooooooo boy.  ::)

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2008, 02:33:06 AM »
okay...it's like 3am where I am.  I've not read the whole thread.  All I can say is that if you're not happy with how we're running the show, then go fuck yourself.  I'm not making a dime out of this.  Neither is CQ or 240.  We're doing it for you ungrateful sacks of shit.  If u don't like it, we can just pull the plug on the whole thing.  Let me know....
Go fuck yourself you illiterate jerkoff. Looks like you've already pulled the plug once...You can't even answer my question. So, here it is again. I'm, seriously, doubting your ability to read so, if need be, find someone who can and give me an answer.
Admit to me that you have'nt been on the 2008 Mr GBIII board/room/thread in the past 6 MONTHS; therefore, never seeing the dates/pm's/chat/etc. about the weekend of Oct 11-14...if you're oblivious to this, then you get a pass. Otherwise, you LIED by omission. That means lying by witholding truthful information and letting people be manipulated into believing NONSENSE! I think you're the filthy liar...you should not be a "mod"

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2008, 02:36:27 AM »
Go fuck yourself you illiterate jerkoff. Looks like you've already pulled the plug once...You can't even answer my question. So, here it is again. I'm, seriously, doubting your ability to read so, if need be, find someone who can and give me an answer.
Admit to me that you have'nt been on the 2008 Mr GBIII board/room/thread in the past 6 MONTHS; therefore, never seeing the dates/pm's/chat/etc. about the weekend of Oct 11-14...if you're oblivious to this, then you get a pass. Otherwise, you LIED by omission. That means lying by witholding truthful information and letting people be manipulated into believing NONSENSE! I think you're the filthy liar...you should not be a "mod"

Bottom boy you are melting. This is not going to bode well for you when judging time comes around....
P

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2008, 02:39:05 AM »
Bottom boy you are melting. This is not going to bode well for you when judging time comes around....

Yep, its just like in the pros. Either shut up and take it, or you will get screwed over... :-\
No doubt about it...

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2008, 02:47:40 AM »
don't worry my friend, I'm a big boy and can speak my own mind. I don't bend over the couch and take a drilling lightly. Obviously, you and few others welcome it...You, AXA, TA, and others are the biggest bunch of cowards I've ever seen. Is NZ ran by a dictatorship?haha, sure seems you fellas like to be jerked round by other men...and you refer to me as "bottom boy"? COWARDS, your mommy's must be proud for raising such big pussies! Grow a pair and stand up for yourself, coward

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2008, 02:49:24 AM »
don't worry my friend, I'm a big boy and can speak my own mind. I don't bend over the couch and take a drilling lightly. Obviously, you and few others welcome it...You, AXA, TA, and others are the biggest bunch of cowards I've ever seen. Is NZ ran by a dictatorship?haha, sure seems you fellas like to be jerked round by other men...and you refer to me as "bottom boy"? COWARDS, your mommy's must be proud for raising such big pussies! Grow a pair and stand up for yourself, coward

What do you expect, NZ is run by sheep...
No doubt about it...

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »

Who is the sponsor? What is the prize money? Any chance you might actually go through with it this time, or are you just planning on "punking" the next set of contestants too a week before go time? All this clandestine bullshit is getting old, make the announcements that need to be made and let people know wtf is going on. Btw, I still think you should let the people who trained for next week submit their pics then, not sure how anyone can disagree with that.
E

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2008, 02:56:28 AM »

How am I a coward? I am being resolute in the face of adversity. You are just another example of a bitter old man who has been defeated at life and have almost come to the end of your rope.
P

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2008, 03:00:26 AM »
dov, obviously this competition is very important to you and you feel like you have a chance to win it. If you're in shape, find a natural competition around and clean house; then come back here in 8 weeks and post the mandatories that you have probably taken already, with good chance of winning too.

Sure, it could be a farce to give 240 more time to lean up, but as the great Bolo Yeung once said: "You'll never know."

Stavios

« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2008, 05:44:25 AM »
daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, so many whiny bitches on here today

STFU people, like Mindspin said they get nothing out of this, so if you are not happy just don't compete.

it's as simple as that

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2008, 06:27:48 AM »
daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, so many whiny bitches on here today

STFU people, like Mindspin said they get nothing out of this, so if you are not happy just don't compete.

it's as simple as that

People who took the contest seriously have been aiming for this date. This was clearly the communicated date, the contest should have taken place. If someone agrees to organize an event like that, he should at least be respectful enough not to lead people into preparing for the wrong date.

If someone is unfit to pay enough attention (over several months) to at least announce that the communicated date (and yes it was communicated) is unofficial resp. wrong, he should not have taken the obligation of organizing such an event in the first place, regardless of his financial compensation. That's a matter of respect for the contestants, not a matter of money.

If MindSpin feels it is unfair that he gets no financial compensation and therefore thinks he can treat contestants any way he wishes, he simply is the wrong guy for this event.

Just my opinion, and just meant as positive criticism. No insult intended.

Stavios

« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2008, 06:31:03 AM »
well... people who are in shape right now just take pictures this week and that's it.
then they send them in 8 weeks or whatever is the date

pretty simple solution 

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2008, 06:32:52 AM »
well... people who are in shape right now just take pictures this week and that's it.
then they send them in 8 weeks or whatever is the date

pretty simple solution 

That's not what the rules said last year. If the rules would be changed in this way, that's something else, of course. Problem is, not even the rules are announced yet.

Stavios

« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2008, 06:34:39 AM »
for the rules

it's an online contest, that THEY are organizing.
so they can change the rules if the want

they should do what I said, people would stop bitching (well except Danielson, but who cares)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2008, 06:47:34 AM »
People who took the contest seriously have been aiming for this date. This was clearly the communicated date, the contest should have taken place. If someone agrees to organize an event like that, he should at least be respectful enough not to lead people into preparing for the wrong date.

If someone is unfit to pay enough attention (over several months) to at least announce that the communicated date (and yes it was communicated) is unofficial resp. wrong, he should not have taken the obligation of organizing such an event in the first place, regardless of his financial compensation. That's a matter of respect for the contestants, not a matter of money.

If MindSpin feels it is unfair that he gets no financial compensation and therefore thinks he can treat contestants any way he wishes, he simply is the wrong guy for this event.

Just my opinion, and just meant as positive criticism. No insult intended.

You know you make valid points and said them well, and I also feel bad for most the guys.

Fills me with hysteria when people say others can run it. I have been posted ASKING others to do a show for well over a year and been flat out refused.  Not like I have not said over 50 times for other people to do it. Anyone who wants to go ahead and do it, go one. Simple.

Only person who showed any interest was some guy from some cheesy company who wanted to spam some cheap tub of his no-name protein as a prize last year instead of giving away $5,000 ::)

It's all empty rhetoric, typical flaming for no cause. It is as simple as this - Ron would not give the go ahead - so MS who got prize money and has been working on Ron like mad gets flamed. Funny really, if it wasn't so pathetic.

I have said over and over, if all guys volunteer to do away with any prizes, that might open the path. So far, not one entrant has said that [to my knowledge]

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:11 AM »
Tell you the truth, fuck the money I rather have a contest for braggin rights only and made by people who would do the necessary task because they liked it not cause they have prize money. The first mr getbig was all about braggin rights, the idea caught steam then sponsors came, last year was a result of the year before  but now its like .."we have the money so here are the rules like it or not" ,fuck that ... the date was set a long time ago and everyone just waited for someone else to do the work. CQ you know I think you do more than your fair share, and Mindspin is cool with me cause he got the sponsor last year but its that fat fucktard Ron who is too busy gargling LT's nuts and shaving Issac's back to give two shits about this board. So if you guys have any issue its with the head jew not giving the go ahead and hell not giving Stars to the ones who did it last year....
L

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »
GOD DAMNIT,I CARBO LOADED FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:34 AM »
You know you make valid points and said them well, and I also feel bad for most the guys.

Fills me with hysteria when people say others can run it. I have been posted ASKING others to do a show for well over a year and been flat out refused.  Not like I have not said over 50 times for other people to do it. Anyone who wants to go ahead and do it, go one. Simple.

Only person who showed any interest was some guy from some cheesy company who wanted to spam some cheap tub of his no-name protein as a prize last year instead of giving away $5,000 ::)

It's all empty rhetoric, typical flaming for no cause. It is as simple as this - Ron would not give the go ahead - so MS who got prize money and has been working on Ron like mad gets flamed. Funny really, if it wasn't so pathetic.

I have said over and over, if all guys volunteer to do away with any prizes, that might open the path. So far, not one entrant has said that [to my knowledge]

ENTRANT??????hahahahaha..how can there be an entrant with , SUPPOSEDLY, no contest even announced yet? The joke is on the mods and the ENTRANTS who like being jerked around! BRUTALITY at its finest...you people are more incompetant than the US govt....LOL :-\