Author Topic: Obama Worships "Black Liberation Theology", Why?  (Read 2579 times)

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Obama Worships "Black Liberation Theology", Why?
« on: October 08, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
Scary this guy might become President!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Re: Obama Worships "Black Liberation Theology", Why?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
Could it be because he himself is a racist or something else?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »
 ;D

What will you do?

Looks like it will be a Obama-nation.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:50:55 PM »
;D

What will you do?

Give him 100% of my support.  Continue to work hard, continue to love America, and not be like the sumbag piece of shit democrats ,who feel they are entitled to everything but are nothing more than lazy bastards.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »
Scary this guy might become President!

What election are you referring to? Last I heard Rev. Jeremiah Wright was not running for public office.

As for the BS tape on what 'Black Liberation Theology' is all about, ...think again.
To even try to invoke the Contra Rebels is indicative of just how little you or your intended audience knows.
It was the Contras who were trying to overthrow a legitimate populist government by mass murder.

w

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:55:51 AM »
I've spent most of my Christian life in the Black Church, so I know a little about Black Liberation Theology.

It's modeled after the plight of the Jews in Egypt.  There 400 years of captivity modeled the near 400 years of Black slavery and oppression here.  Blacks saw their plight thru the eyes of the OT Jews, and so much of it's theology stems from it, and saw the U.S. overall as the Egyptians.

Such a model I feel empowered Blacks when overt oppression and racism fostered. It helped many to believe that just as God delivered the Jews from their oppressors, that He would deliver Black and brown-skinned people from theirs.

Rev. Wright certainly came of age in the 50's and 60's and the Black Power movement certainly gained prominence over the Civil Rights Movement - especially after the death of MLK and Malcolm X.  Also given that he's based out of Chicago South Side,it's no wonder that B.L.T. would be a cornerstone of his theology. 

It could be today however, that it has run it's course.  It definately puts more emphasis on Black advancement often over the simple message of the Gospel, and the brother/sisterhood of all believers.  It works much better locally in depressed neighborhoods and mostly Black audiences, but it certainly doesn't play well nationally, which of course is why Obama's association with Wright and B.L.T. has been a problem, because he's trying to be a NATIONAL leader.

I don't condemn B.L.T. out of hand, but I believe it does not serve as many as well as it perhaps once did.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »
Give him 100% of my support.  Continue to work hard, continue to love America, and not be like the sumbag piece of shit democrats ,who feel they are entitled to everything but are nothing more than lazy bastards.

So you think democrats in general are lazy?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »
;D

What will you do?

terminal suicide :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:24:04 AM »
So you think democrats in general are lazy?

No, but most want more welfare for lazy slobs and more social programs despite the fact that they dont work.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
No, but most want more welfare for lazy slobs and more social programs despite the fact that they dont work.

Not all social program are bad.   Welfare is a broken down idea though.  I think we should help some people, but the current welfare system fosters lazy people that's for sure.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:47 AM »
Not all social program are bad.   Welfare is a broken down idea though.  I think we should help some people, but the current welfare system fosters lazy people that's for sure.
are you flashing back to the 80s/early 90s?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 10:08:45 AM »

Only a marxist like yourself thinks that welfare helps people.  Social Welfare is not only wrong, but kills a persons' motivation to get out there and work and be productive.

No one should be allowed to sit home and collect a check from the taxpayer without working for it.  Put these people to work for 8 hours a day cleaning streets, painting bridges, cleaning parks, etc etc.

Oh thats right, the corrupt unions won't allow that since they think people should be paid 100 per hour to clean the park.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 10:13:41 AM »

I still see it today.  I see people who could be working leaching off the system.   I don't have a problem helping people, or my tax dollars funding programs that help people so long as they use the money wisely and prudently.

I have a problem when a person lives in a 1500 square foot house, drives a escalade and is on welfare.  That's not a rumor i heard that's a real situation i've seen.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
Only a marxist like yourself thinks that welfare helps people.  Social Welfare is not only wrong, but kills a persons' motivation to get out there and work and be productive.

No one should be allowed to sit home and collect a check from the taxpayer without working for it.  Put these people to work for 8 hours a day cleaning streets, painting bridges, cleaning parks, etc etc.

Oh thats right, the corrupt unions won't allow that since they think people should be paid 100 per hour to clean the park.   

I agree, most could work, most could do things.  I think that goes for people who are incarcerated also.

But the concept doesn't apply 100% to every situation.

Think of all the money that could be freed up if it it was just used wisely.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 12:04:07 PM »
I still see it today.  I see people who could be working leaching off the system.   I don't have a problem helping people, or my tax dollars funding programs that help people so long as they use the money wisely and prudently.

I have a problem when a person lives in a 1500 square foot house, drives a escalade and is on welfare.  That's not a rumor i heard that's a real situation i've seen.

I've seen it too.

Quite pathetic that the system allows for it to happen.

But hey... that would mean losing votes.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »
What Black Liberation Theology misses is that caucasian Americans fought alongside black Americans to give them full freedom and opportunity that is deserving of all good Americans.  BLT must be a thing of the past for us to move forward together.  The days of Rev Wright should be gone.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »
The days of Rev Wright should be gone.

Are you kidding? If Hussein is elected Rev Wright will be a minister or something like that, do you really think he will just turn his back on his spiritual mentor of the last 20 years?

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »
What Black Liberation Theology misses is that caucasian Americans fought alongside black Americans to give them full freedom and opportunity that is deserving of all good Americans.  BLT must be a thing of the past for us to move forward together.  The days of Rev Wright should be gone.
I don't think it does, miss that point, but it deals moreso in the SYSTEM rather than individuals.  Of course you've had whites and other non-blacks who've died to help liberate blacks, but what percentage of the population would you say that was, and
compare that to the # of whites who either fought those efforts, or wanted to maintain the status quo?

True, we've had a Civil War, where thousands of whites died in battle, but how much of that war was an effort to free slaves vs. an effort to preserve the Union?  Slavery indeed was part of it, but if you were to ask the majority of those Union soldiers their views on racial equality, do you think it would be that much different than those in the Confederacy?  Blacks had to fight just to fight in the war, to bigotry existed even in the Union.

I do not disagree with your overall judgement, but I think you must see how BLT looked at the SYSTEM as the enemy and oppressor - a system no doubt controlled by whites, and supported by the MAJORITY of whites at that time.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 04:05:19 PM »
Could it be because he himself is a racist or something else?

Please he was raised by white people. And if you don't have a love for all people, then you can't be President.. You know black people have always been the most accepting of people.... we will accept mulattoes or biracial children as black, black people love others more than they love themselves (ourselves). Think of all the stuff and laws that have been done to black people, imagine if that was done to you. Would you married into someones family that may or may not
 have been directly responsible for those issues, but have supported them....or in your case fear-mongering...Dude you have no idea what racism is.

And if Obama is elected, Obama will not be doing things that benefit the black community, but the Nation at large...

Sad that people like you can't see this, but yet have your own racist fears about him.