Author Topic: CHEFTIM- Payard is a master.  (Read 897 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
CHEFTIM- Payard is a master.
« on: October 08, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »
Thanks for recommending his book, Chocolate Epiphany.

We have made a few things so far. His Mousse is perfect. Next on the list is his Pecan Pie. 8759 calories a pie.  :o

Question, If you can`t get Valrhona all of the time, what are some good alternatives?

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: CHEFTIM- Payard is a master.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
Thanks for recommending his book, Chocolate Epiphany.

We have made a few things so far. His Mousse is perfect. Next on the list is his Pecan Pie. 8759 calories a pie.  :o

Question, If you can`t get Valrhona all of the time, what are some good alternatives?

I recommend chef boyardee

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »
Bump. :)

io856

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 08:41:41 PM »
This is a great gift idea.

Thanks Adonis

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »
I always use Fechlin. Swiss chocolate. They don't use cocoa from the Ivory Coast. To me hands down thee best Chocolate in the world. But you can use any high end chocolate. Depends your budget and your taste. The only thing thats important is you stay around the same %. Choclate is chocolate. Different companies just put different flavors in. The main thing is the cocoa %. As long as you stay around the same %? You can switch the recipes up with any chocolate. Just got the new Alinea cookbook. Absolutely awesome. Really cutting edge completely awesome.
Yah Alinea is on my list along with French Laundry.

Alinea looks amazing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:14:43 PM »
What has impressed me most so far about Payard`s recipes are the ratios and the gram measurements.  I think it is MUCH better to have exact amounts that can be weighed on a digital scale to ensure perfect quality every single time.  It seems this is the most important thing when dealing with chocolate.

I am getting to the point where I can`t stand cookbooks that do not provide gram measurements.

Tonight we are making Payard`s Flourless Milk Chocolate Cake with Candied Grapefruit & Hazelnuts.

Should be wonderful!

io856

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 09:34:21 PM »
Tonight we are making Payard`s Flourless Milk Chocolate Cake with Candied Grapefruit & Hazelnuts.
Should be wonderful!
Thats sounds delicious.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:51:08 PM »
What has impressed me most so far about Payard`s recipes are the ratios and the gram measurements.  I think it is MUCH better to have exact amounts that can be weighed on a digital scale to ensure perfect quality every single time.  It seems this is the most important thing when dealing with chocolate.

I am getting to the point where I can`t stand cookbooks that do not provide gram measurements.

Should be wonderful!
Yeah the metric system is the only way to go when baking. I've never tried that reciipe. But I'll bet anything it comes out the way it's supposed to. I had a choclate degustation last Tuesday for 1500. I took the recipes from Payard and modified them into my own. All the recipes that I've used have come out. Which is something that doesn't happen with all recipes. These cookbooks that are made from Professional Chefs are putting their name on the line. Unlike other cookbooks where their trying to just make a profit. Most of those recipes won't work. Their just written and not tested. It's a rip off!