Author Topic: Schwarzenegger vetos SB 60  (Read 842 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Schwarzenegger vetos SB 60
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »
I wrote the him and got this response, probably from his secretary.  The bill was to issue REAL ID's to all Californians and making that the state identification.  Had some other loopholes in it which he addresses in the response below.

Thank you for writing to urge a veto of SB 60.  I appreciate your active participation in the democratic process, and I value your suggestions on how government can better serve the people of California.

I am pleased to inform you that I vetoed this bill after extensive consideration and thorough deliberation of arguments from both supporters and opponents of this issue. This bill does not specify how the Department of Motor Vehicles would validate the identity of individuals who do not have documented proof that their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law.  I have previously stated that the ability to verify documents used to establish an identity must include a way to determine whether an individual is who he or she purports to be.  My veto message for this legislation may be found on the Official California Legislative Information website: www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate hearing your opinion on legislation that affects the future of our great state.  Taking the time to communicate your views and offer suggestions is essential to good citizenship and good government.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

marcus

• Getbig IV
Re: Schwarzenegger vetos SB 60
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
Whats a REAL ID?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »
Whats a REAL ID?

A federal ID that will replace all state IDs.  States are becoming less relevant each day. 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
A federal ID that will replace all state IDs.  States are becoming less relevant each day. 

Maybe we should abolish the 11th amendment then.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 09:26:27 PM »
Maybe we should abolish the 11th amendment then.

Do you think the Constitution is still relevant?  GET WITH IT!  The Constitution is nothing but a talking point for today's politicians.  They could care less about adhering to it.  The world will soon be united under one flag.  Let's forget about this Constitution and ready ourselves for a new governing body, the United Nations!