Author Topic: would this be a good time to buy stocks?  (Read 1106 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
would this be a good time to buy stocks?
« on: October 09, 2008, 02:33:49 PM »
i know nothing about the stock market, but if things are at record lows, wouldnt this be a great time to buy stocks? if shares usually costing over a hundred dollars can now be had for say 20, why not buy a lot now? i mean it will eventually go back up to normal right, then youd have lots of profit? is it that simple or am i not getting something

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: would this be a good time to buy stocks?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »
i know nothing about the stock market, but if things are at record lows, wouldnt this be a great time to buy stocks? if shares usually costing over a hundred dollars can now be had for say 20, why not buy a lot now? i mean it will eventually go back up to normal right, then youd have lots of profit? is it that simple or am i not getting something

YOU'RE NOT GETTING A WHOLE LOT!!!!!

AMERICA IS FINISHED AND IS ABOUT TO ENTER INTO A DEPRESSION OF MANIC PROPORTIONS...IF YOU HAVE MONEY YOU WANT TO THROW AWAY THEN BUY STOCKS NOW!!!!

EVEN THAT CRAZY CRAMER GUY WHO DOES THE SHOW ON BUYING AND SELLING OF STOCKS SAID LAST WEEK FOR EVERYONE TO "TAKE ALL THEY HAVE OUT OF THE STOCK MARKET"....

THERE'S AN OMEN FOR YA!!!!
C

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:39:14 PM »
YOU'RE NOT GETTING A WHOLE LOT!!!!!

AMERICA IS FINISHED AND IS ABOUT TO ENTER INTO A DEPRESSION OF MANIC PROPORTIONS...IF YOU HAVE MONEY YOU WANT TO THROW AWAY THEN BUY STOCKS NOW!!!!

EVEN THAT CRAZY CRAMER GUY WHO DOES THE SHOW ON BUYING AND SELLING OF STOCKS SAID LAST WEEK FOR EVERYONE TO "TAKE ALL THEY HAVE OUT OF THE STOCK MARKET"....

THERE'S AN OMEN FOR YA!!!!

You took Kramer's quote out of context.  He said that if you have money in the market that you will need in the next 4 years, get it out now.  Which was good advice because the market will be bearish for years to come.

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »
Of course he took it out of context, also thinking this is an American problem only is ridiculously short sighted

If you have money to risk by all means go for it, if you wanna be careful follow what proven investors like Buffet are doing.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »
Don't ever put money into the stock market, you could need within the next 10 years.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:52:06 PM »
Whatever Jim Kramer says, I do the opposite, the guy is a joke and doesn't give out real advice, maybe a few tidbits here and there, but overall I wouldn't listen to a word the guy says.  He's the same guy that said it was a good idea to invest in Sirius Satellite radio and they haven't made a single red cent of profit yet.  Ya buddy.

If you're smart, you'd be investing in mutual funds with a dollar cost averaging approach.  Takes a lot of risk out of investing, but will net you the best gains over time.

And no, right now would not be a good time to buy because it's going to drop further.  Just hold out a bit longer if you want to invest in stocks.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
Z

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »
YES

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 03:00:15 PM »
Whatever Jim Kramer says, I do the opposite, the guy is a joke and doesn't give out real advice, maybe a few tidbits here and there, but overall I wouldn't listen to a word the guy says.  He's the same guy that said it was a good idea to invest in Sirius Satellite radio and they haven't made a single red cent of profit yet.  Ya buddy.

That's because the "experts" don't know shit.
Or they're paid by people who do know shit, to help them steal more money from hard working people.
Welcome to the twisted world of wall street.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »
Cramer's an idiot who got his "fame" from 2002 to 2006, when EVERYONE made money.  why is he not a hedge fund manager anymore?  he doesn't know shit about dick.

fyi, he's off the air today.  some stock investors say this is a HUGE buy signal just because he's regarded as such a massive idiot.
Deep Tissue Massage

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »
The majority of the people on this forum probably have at least 30 years before retirement, thus what is happening now in the markets represents a buying opportunity of a lifetime if you are willing to buy and hold.   There are tons of good stocks out there with solid fundamentals that are just getting pummeled because of the entire market situation.  These companies will definitely rebound back in time, and for those people who didn't get in when their stock was low (like right now) will be kicking themselves. 

If you are going to buy, don't buy all at once.  Buy some this week, buy some next week, buy some the week after, etc.