Author Topic: McCain’s Ties to PNAC  (Read 808 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
McCain’s Ties to PNAC
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
McCain’s Ties to PNAC

John McCain’s connection to PNAC can be traced back to before its formation in 1997.  In fact, he was president of the New Citizenship Project, founded by Kristol in 1994. This organization was parent to PNAC, and served as its chief fundraising organ. 

McCain also worked cooperatively with PNAC and Wolfowitz in attempting to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq. In 1998, he co-sponsored the Iraq Liberation Act—drafted by PNAC—which decreed “regime change” in Iraq to be U.S. policy, and which appropriated $97 million in U.S. military aid to the Iraqi National Congress (INC). The INC was a group of anti-Hussein Iraqi militants whose purpose was to instigate a national uprising against Hussein. It was led by Ahmed Chalabi, the Iraqi informant whose subsequent faulty intelligence—claims that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and ties to al-Qaida—was used to sell the Iraq war to the American public. In 2004, in response to accusations that he deliberately misled U.S. intelligence agencies, Chalabi glibly stated, “We are heroes in error.”

McCain also was co-chair (with Sen. Joseph Lieberman) of The Committee for the Liberation of Iraq (CLI). Established by PNAC in late 2002, this committee continued to finance Chalabi’s INC with millions of taxpayer dollars, until shortly after the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, when it was discontinued. In 2004, McCain became a signatory of PNAC, ironically signing on to a PNAC letter condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin’s foreign policy for its return to the “rhetoric of militarism and empire.”

McCain has accordingly been a foot soldier for PNAC from its inception, and, although this organization is no longer in existence, its ideology and its signatories (many of whom now serve as advisers to the McCain presidential campaign) are still very much active.

cont... http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20080612_john_mccains_chilling_project_for_america/

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: McCain’s Ties to PNAC
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
So he's even more of a maniac than I originally knew...  :-\

S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
So he's even more of a maniac than I originally knew...  :-\

I tried to tell you that he was a neocon.  McCain's Senior Foreign Policy Adviser, which is a huge position and will guide his international policies, is the former president of PNAC, no kidding!  McCain IS the neocon's best hope of maintaining the neoconservative policies that have gotten us into this mess in the world.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »
I tried to tell you that he was a neocon.  McCain's Senior Foreign Policy Adviser, which is a huge position and will guide his international policies, is the former president of PNAC, no kidding!

I believed you about the neo con thing.

I'm still having trouble with the decision to either be safe and vote for Obama, or risk a McCain presidency and support a third party candidate?

S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »
these people are the people who set it as policy for America to be TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE  Also of interest is the fact that the miltary as posted here the other day has adopted the World Police logo as official policy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »

I'm still having trouble with the decision to either be safe and vote for Obama, or risk a McCain presidency and support a third party candidate?

well, up to you, you know where I stand :)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »
well, up to you, you know where I stand :)

You're a smart guy, I really respect your opinion...  8)

(PLEASE UPDATE THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS THREAD!)
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »
You're a smart guy, I really respect your opinion...  8)
are you kidding!  Same goes for you if not more!  I will soon, it just keeps getting more busy.  after the election I should have the time for sure.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »

I've never understood the mentality of you RP folks.  McCains record is a lot closer to conservatism, which is closer to libertarianism, than anyone on the left, especially Obama considering how far he is yet you say you fear a McCain presidency?

Makes no sense.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 05:30:42 PM »
I've never understood the mentality of you RP folks.  McCains record is a lot closer to conservatism, which is closer to libertarianism, than anyone on the left, especially Obama considering how far he is yet you say you fear a McCain presidency?

Makes no sense.
This is about the neoconservative factor, not the conservative/liberal factors.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »
This is about the neoconservative factor, not the conservative/liberal factors.

Yeah I get that but even neoconservatism is closer to libertarianism than liberalism.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »
McCain’s Ties to PNAC

John McCain’s connection to PNAC can be traced back to before its formation in 1997.  In fact, he was president of the New Citizenship Project, founded by Kristol in 1994. This organization was parent to PNAC, and served as its chief fundraising organ. 

McCain also worked cooperatively with PNAC and Wolfowitz in attempting to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq. In 1998, he co-sponsored the Iraq Liberation Act—drafted by PNAC—which decreed “regime change” in Iraq to be U.S. policy, and which appropriated $97 million in U.S. military aid to the Iraqi National Congress (INC). The INC was a group of anti-Hussein Iraqi militants whose purpose was to instigate a national uprising against Hussein. It was led by Ahmed Chalabi, the Iraqi informant whose subsequent faulty intelligence—claims that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and ties to al-Qaida—was used to sell the Iraq war to the American public. In 2004, in response to accusations that he deliberately misled U.S. intelligence agencies, Chalabi glibly stated, “We are heroes in error.”

McCain also was co-chair (with Sen. Joseph Lieberman) of The Committee for the Liberation of Iraq (CLI). Established by PNAC in late 2002, this committee continued to finance Chalabi’s INC with millions of taxpayer dollars, until shortly after the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, when it was discontinued. In 2004, McCain became a signatory of PNAC, ironically signing on to a PNAC letter condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin’s foreign policy for its return to the “rhetoric of militarism and empire.”

McCain has accordingly been a foot soldier for PNAC from its inception, and, although this organization is no longer in existence, its ideology and its signatories (many of whom now serve as advisers to the McCain presidential campaign) are still very much active.

cont... http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20080612_john_mccains_chilling_project_for_america/

Yep. More of the Same. Do people really want 4-8 more years of what we've gotten with Bush?!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Yeah I get that but even neoconservatism is closer to libertarianism than liberalism.
MASSIVE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCES...  check the neoconservative approach to America's role in the world with the libertarian stance.  Neconservatism may have had it's origins in former liberals, but make no mistake, the neoconservative is a different creature all it's own.