Author Topic: THE WISDOM OF BOB CHOCORELLELLO  (Read 2312 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: THE WISDOM OF BOB CHOCORELLELLO
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 04:47:51 AM »
thats not what you were saying, you said low reps dont build mass, which isnt true.  thats what i commented on. that being said, a bodybuilder doesnt have to do alot of low rep work (1-5 reps).
Yeah. Sorry.
The problem is we cant feel muscle with that super heavy. Thats why we must do lighter weight to feel it.
Lately I do squat with 220lbs only with more than 15 reps(OK.once in a month i hit more than 400lbs 1 set). And my legs keep on growing.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 04:49:15 AM »
Yeah. Sorry.
The problem is we cant feel muscle with that super heavy. Thats why we must do lighter weight to feel it.
Lately I do squat with 220lbs only with more than 15 reps(OK.once in a month i hit more than 400lbs 1 set). And my legs keep on growing.
i think legs respond especially well to high reps.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 04:55:20 AM »
i think legs respond especially well to high reps.

they do indeed.

personally i like 6-8 for upper body and somewhat higher reps for legs. also add a couple of sets of 10-12 to finish off upper body work.

BUT IF YOUR SQUATTING 650 for 6 IT MAY BE SMARTER TO DO SQUATS IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR WORKOUT AND KEEP THE REPS PRETTY HIGH

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 04:56:53 AM »
Interesting article though I don't agree on everything. Actually, most of thos exercises are great but probably not from a Bber's point of view. If you're just working out and not "bodybuilding", then things are different. I particularly agree with the "behind the neck" part. That should be avoided in all cases. As for the lying tricep extension, I remeber talking to a bunch of doctors (classic ones) who were getting into sport medicine. They recommended it far above the seated position which they all said is terrible for your shoulders.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 04:59:48 AM »
Yeah. Sorry.

your posts are always inspirational. im gonna have a killer workout today. i can feel it.

im gonna do back today. fast paced workout with high reps and ultimate mind muscle connection. im gonna fantasize about paco as i do set after set of pulldowns.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 05:08:41 AM »
Conversely, i loved the stuff Arnold arrived at through analysis of cause and effect during his early and mid years. Much of it has been proven to not have been directly related, but he was astute enough to correlate things he did, and systematically change variables to arrive at a regime that doesnt significantly differ from modern techniques- and today we can verify the efficacy.
In other words, anecdotal evidence. Pretty much the same as 'Bobservations,' I'd suggest.  ;)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 05:34:34 AM »
your posts are always inspirational. im gonna have a killer workout today. i can feel it.

im gonna do back today. fast paced workout with high reps and ultimate mind muscle connection. im gonna fantasize about paco as i do set after set of pulldowns.
Sounds cool.

BTW, every people think that i worship Paco. In reality, I dont worship anybody. He is a IFBB pro bbing champ with tons of quality muscle monster and my trainer and good friend for me. Thats it. No more nor less.
And we often talk shit each other about our physics in joking. I often say to him" Cus your pec is flat like pancake!(as you guys know his pecs are weak)".
And he says " A Samurai cut your rear delts and walked aways with them!(Since my rear delts are really weak...)". >:( ;D