Author Topic: something in common  (Read 795 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
something in common
« on: October 10, 2008, 04:44:44 AM »
Going threw the last few weeks of radio program archives, both conservatives and progressives were against the bailout.  Pretty much a nationwide unanimous call for the heads of these bankers.  but these guys are going to walk with a big payoff...........

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: something in common
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:53:30 AM »
A 62 year old co-worker of mine who just got operated on about 3 weeks ago and is en route to retire, or so he thought, in 3 years just found out his 401k has lost 50% of its value in the past 3 weeks. And he's coming back to work this Monday.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:05:03 AM »
A 62 year old co-worker of mine who just got operated on about 3 weeks ago and is en route to retire, or so he thought, in 3 years just found out his 401k has lost 50% of its value in the past 3 weeks. And he's coming back to work this Monday.
fucking fantastic ::)  This is such bullshit, we need to revolt... yea put that in my file lol... there are probably millions in the same boat.  The people bust their asses for some company/corporation, give the best portion or their life to these pricks and this is the payoff?  While these douches that caused the problem walk away with bonuses and a nice 400,000 dollar party...  Best for me I don't see one of these guys face to face.   I have no desire to go to prison.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »
fucking fantastic ::)  This is such bullshit, we need to revolt... yea put that in my file lol... there are probably millions in the same boat.  The people bust their asses for some company/corporation, give the best portion or their life to these pricks and this is the payoff?  While these douches that caused the problem walk away with bonuses and a nice 400,000 dollar party...  Best for me I don't see one of these guys face to face.   I have no desire to go to prison.

Funny thing is that even out company's reps kept telling the guy, before he went on temporary disability, to put ALL his dough in bonds and safe stuff... but he wouldn't have it! So he got bit.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »
Funny thing is that even out company's reps kept telling the guy, before he went on temporary disability, to put ALL his dough in bonds and safe stuff... but he wouldn't have it! So he got bit.

Fool!

WTF was he thinking not putting his 401k into bonds?! He should have done that at least 3-5 years ago.

Looks like he was bitten by the greed snake.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 07:50:20 AM »
Fool!

WTF was he thinking not putting his 401k into bonds?! He should have done that at least 3-5 years ago.

Looks like he was bitten by the greed snake.

Can you blame him?! I mean, look at all the cheerleading that we were getting up until the disaster started to unfold... Listen to what Kramer was saying. Listen to what Maria Bartiromo and Ron Insana were saying. The public officials saying that the "fundamentals" of the economy were fine, etc. I know all these individuals are supposed to sell Da Game, but come on!!! Almost 6000 points in less than a month???? They did not see this coming????

He did have half of his shit in fixed income though. It's just the other half that got halved.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
Nonetheless, if you think this crisis only affects the ones who made bad decisions, think again. Wait until inflation gets a hold of your 401k plan. Wait until the next stupid politician decides to raise taxes on you cause they will). Wait until the government decides it will not honor its Social Security requirements any more, and all those payments you've made throughout the years are puff, gone, up in smoke and we will not be seeing any of it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 08:02:57 AM »
Nonetheless, if you think this crisis only affects the ones who made bad decisions, think again. Wait until inflation gets a hold of your 401k plan. Wait until the next stupid politician decides to raise taxes on you cause they will). Wait until the government decides it will not honor its Social Security requirements any more, and all those payments you've made throughout the years are puff, gone, up in smoke and we will not be seeing any of it.
Got that right.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »
Got that right.

The current economic situation reminds me of me back in the late 80s, after a Def Leppard concert, at a party in a friend's house, so high I spent about 4 hours just staring at the ceiling and thinking "shit, this is what it's all about. I could do this for the rest of my life no problem". Then one day I showed up at a party stone cold sober (I think I had some type of stomach virus or something) and after a couple hours of talking to half the crowd, most stoned or drunk out of their minds, I remember thinking: "fuck dude, is this how I act when I'm high?".

The current economic status quo is pretty much the same... although I suspect this time the party's over.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »
This crisis right now is such a fucking farce... I mean, bringin out Warren Buffet the other day and making it seem as though "if he's in, ya know this is just a panic". I mean, if there's someone here who stands to lose A LOT of his money that'll be Warren Buffet. Interviewing him every five minutes does to the save-the-market-foundation the equivalent of Marion Jones talking, to a group of high schoolers, about the benefits of the 100-meter dash.

If there's someone out there noone should pay attention to that'll be the ones who stole YOUR money.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »
Can you blame him?! I mean, look at all the cheerleading that we were getting up until the disaster started to unfold... Listen to what Kramer was saying. Listen to what Maria Bartiromo and Ron Insana were saying. The public officials saying that the "fundamentals" of the economy were fine, etc. I know all these individuals are supposed to sell Da Game, but come on!!! Almost 6000 points in less than a month???? They did not see this coming????

He did have half of his shit in fixed income though. It's just the other half that got halved.

Yes I still blame him. I don't care what the financial "experts" were saying.

He was either careless or greedy.