Author Topic: FOR THE LAST TIME: Joe Biden DID NOT ban Steroids!  (Read 3783 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
FOR THE LAST TIME: Joe Biden DID NOT ban Steroids!
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »
He didn`t ban anything.  Your Fellow Conservatives who had the majority in Congress at the time, saw fit to pass it with flying colors as well as your beloved Bush willfully signing it into law as a revision to his daddy`s original bill.

Scheduled for Debate Sep 30, 2004
 Amendments (1 proposed) [details] 
 Passed Senate [details] Oct 6, 2004
 Passed House Oct 8, 2004
 Signed by President Oct 22, 2004

This bill became law.
Last Action: Oct 22, 2004: Became Public Law No: 108-358.

Let us not forget that Bush I was in charge of signing the Omega Crime bill which started the whole process.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: FOR THE LAST TIME: Joe Biden DID NOT ban Steroids!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
Here is what the bill in fact enables:  A review by the Attorney General for determining criminality and then filtering it through the states.  State by state could then choose to review or determine their own review and sentencing guidelines.

10/22/2004--Public Law. (There are 4 other summaries)
(This measure has not been amended since it was reported to the Senate on September 30, 2004. The summary of that version is repeated here.)
Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 - Amends the Controlled Substances Act to redefine anabolic steroid to mean any drug or hormonal substance, chemically and pharmacologically related to testosterone (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone). Sets forth a list of substances included as anabolic steroids, including tetrahydrogestrinone (THG), androstenedione, and specified related chemicals.
Authorizes the Attorney General, upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, to exempt from regulation under the Controlled Substances Act any compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any anabolic steroid that is intended for administration to a human being or an animal and that does not present any significant potential for abuse because of its concentration, preparation, formulation, or delivery system.
Directs the U.S. Sentencing Commission to review the Federal sentencing guidelines with respect to offenses involving anabolic steroids and consider amending such guidelines to provide for increased penalties.
Directs the Secretary to: (1) award grants to enable public and nonprofit private entities to carry out science-based education programs in elementary and secondary schools to highlight the harmful effects of anabolic steroids; (2) give preference for such grants to programs helping athletes to avoid steroid use; and (3) ensure that the National Survey on Drug Use and Health includes questions concerning the use of anabolic steroids.
Authorizes appropriations.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »
These are the two guys you want to blame.

Authorizes the Attorney General, upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Both Bush appointees.
Tommy Thompson
7th Secretary of Health and Human Services

Mr Thompson has NO MEDICAL BACKGROUND  OR TRAINING.  He was also in the Republican debates for President early on.
Gov. of Wisconsin and a true idiot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »
This criminal needs no introduction.

John Ashcroft.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:24:41 PM »
Quadruple post meltdown.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
Joseph Biden Criminalized Anabolic Steroids with Harsher Penalties for Steroid Users

Posted on 13:02 August 26th, 2008 by Millard Baker

Senator Joseph Biden is angry at anabolic steroid users

Advocates of steroid law reform are very disappointed that Democratic presidential candidate Barrack Obama selected Senator Joseph Biden as his vice presidential nominee. Senator Biden was the chief architect of the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990 that criminalized the possession of anabolic steroids for non-medical purposes. Biden also wrote the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 which opened the door for significantly harsher penalties for steroid possession and steroid distribution; this has resulted in the increased prosecution of steroid users over the past few years who are treated as dangerous criminals with the worst penalties for the non-medical use of steroids in history. Senator Biden has been on his anti-steroid crusade for almost two decades.

Steroid law expert Rick Collins revealed in testimony to the United States Sentencing Commission that the typical non-medical steroid users has been misrepresented to the public and to legislators.

The “typical” steroid user has been presented as fitting one of two profiles: either the million dollar sports star, or the hapless teenager seeking to emulate him…

The overwhelming majority were gainfully employed, health conscious adult males, between 25 and 45 years of age, using hormones not for athletic performance but to improve their appearance. These users typically are non-smokers who follow exercise routines including both strenuous weight training and cardio programs, and adhere to healthful diets. Do they put too high a premium on superficial appearances? In my opinion, absolutely. Are they overcompensating for underlying self-esteem issues? Perhaps, in many cases. Are they assuming risks that might potentially be harmful to them? Probably, yes, as do smokers, drinkers, and extreme sports enthusiasts. But however misguided we may judge nonmedical users of these hormones to be, I seriously question whether they are the sort of dangerous criminals deserving of extended prison terms…

Their motivation, whether labeled as vanity or an excessive quest for self-improvement, is unlike the motivation that drives the use of every other controlled substance. However misguided steroid use without medical supervision may be, it is long-range, goal-oriented behavior. Steroid users are the virtual antithesis of the typical drug offender.

Yet Senator Joseph Biden had no problem criminalizing anabolic steroid use for gainfully employed, largely white collar, middle class, otherwise law-abiding steroid users. Those who have seen the steroid documentary Bigger Stronger Faster were given a glimpse of Senator Biden’s deep-seated psychological antipathy toward steroid users. Joe Biden is angry he was not good enough to make the baseball team and wants revenge.

Senator Biden has admitted that his anti-steroid zealotry originated with his failure to make the sports team in college; he was certain he was outperformed by some steroid user! As a senator, he has used his power and influence to get back at those superior athletes in sports who may have been using steroids. Of course, he is only figuratively punishing those athletes from his college days by criminalizing anabolic steroids for all individuals who use steroids for non-medical purposes.

Rick Collins sent me an email shortly after the announcement of Biden as Obama’s VP nominee with a link to Radley Balko’s disappointment over the Biden nomination.

Biden has sponsored more damaging drug war legislation than any Democrat in Congress. Hate the way federal prosecutors use RICO laws to take aim at drug offenders? Thank Biden. How about the abomination that is federal asset forfeiture laws? Thank Biden. Think federal prosecutors have too much power in drug cases? Thank Biden. Think the title of a “Drug Czar” is sanctimonious and silly? Thank Biden, who helped create the position (and still considers it an accomplishment worth boasting about). Tired of the ridiculous steroids hearings in Congress? Thank Biden, who led the effort to make steroids a Schedule 3 drug, and has been among the blowhardiest of the blowhards when it comes to sports and performance enhancing drugs. (emphasis added)

I agree that Barrack Obama’s nomination of Senator Joseph Biden is the worst possible pick for those of us interested in reform of anabolic steroid law. We know he is prone to exaggerating (the dangers and side effects of anabolic steroids) when he is angry but that is no excuse. We do not feel that federal drug policy, and specifically steroid law, should be based on the exaggerations of an angry man!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »
TA, would you at least admit Biden was at the forefront of steroid laws for non-medical purposes?

It's OK to admit your candidates are less than perfect TA.  Getbig is very Obama/Biden friendly and your guys are going to win this election in less than a month.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 07:43:30 PM »
TA, would you at least admit Biden was at the forefront of steroid laws for non-medical purposes?

It's OK to admit your candidates are less than perfect TA.  Getbig is very Obama/Biden friendly and your guys are going to win this election in less than a month.
If you read the Bill, it simply authorizes the Sitting Surgeon General and the sitting Attorney General to propose guidelines and recommendations for health and criminality. In this case it was Ashcroft and Thompson.

Also, It allows for states to make the determination as well. Read the text of the Bill.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »

I don`t think they are perfect, as I think all drugs should be legalized.

However, it is unfair to attribute blame where it is not due.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »
This Democratic good, Republican bad crap is getting kind of old. There's blame to go around on both sides. Biden is a creep from way back.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »
What the bill also enables, Anytime the Surgeon General and/or Attorney General feel that Steroids or drugs classified as such are no longer harmful or criminal, they have the power to to make those rulings.

State governments also have the power to rule on what they classify as Steroids.

In this case, Ashcroft and Thompson went a bit wild with their recommendations.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
This Democratic good, Republican bad crap is getting kind of old. There's blame to go around on both sides. Biden is a creep from way back.

I agree.  Both sides are rotten and this has been debated enough already.  TA is intelligent enough to know that we're in a helluva lot of trouble and Obama/Biden aren't going to be able to turn this country around unless they possess a magic wand.  It's won't entirely be their fault, as they are inheriting a horrible situation.  

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 07:54:50 PM »
What the bill also enables, Anytime the Surgeon General and/or Attorney General feel that Steroids or drugs classified as such are no longer harmful, they have the power to to make those rulings.

In this case, Ashcroft and Thompson went a bit wild with their recommendations.

TA, do you believe that Obama/Biden are going to turn this country around within the next few years?  Simple question.

We know they are a better choice than the Reps.  I just want your opinion on whether or not they are going to be able to IMPLEMENT their current talking points.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »
TA, do you believe that Obama/Biden are going to turn this country around within the next few years?  Simple question.

We know they are a better choice than the Reps.  I just want your opinion on whether or not they are going to be able to IMPLEMENT their current talking points.

I do.  Obama will not veto important bills such as Stem Cell Research, Funding for the troops with a Withdrawal, HR 676-Conyers and Kucinich`s single payer health-care bill (which is even better than Obama`s plan).....etc....

Keep in mind that the Republicans are losing REALLY BADLY in congressional elections as well.  They will not be able to filibuster and stop bills from moving forward.  When this is all said and done, The Senate may have 2/3rds Democrat which will make bill passage amazingly efficient.

Never has there been quite a turning point like this one.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 08:04:39 PM »
Also keep in mind the Supreme Court.  Obama has the potential to appoint many of the nine, especially if he decides to run for another term.

Obama was the President of the Harvard Law Review and taught Constitutional Law for 12 years at the University of Chicago.  I can think of nobody better to appoint Supreme Court Justices than Barack Obama, someone who knows the Constitution line by line.

Did I mention that Obama is also rated 100 Percent Perfect by AU, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State.

This is what the founding fathers intended.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 08:04:40 PM »
I do.  Obama will not veto important bills such as Stem Cell Research, Funding for the troops with a Withdrawal, HR 676-Conyers and Kucinich`s single payer health-care bill (which is even better than Obama`s plan).....etc....

Keep in mind that the Republicans are losing REALLY BADLY in congressional elections as well.  They will not be able to filibuster and stop bills from moving forward.  When this is all said and done, The Senate may have 2/3rds Democrat which will make bill passage amazingly efficient.

Never has there been quite a turning point like this one.

I hope you are right about Barack; he'll be getting his chance very shortly.

We'll see what happens. 

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
Also keep in mind the Supreme Court.  Obama has the potential to appoint many of the nine, especially if he decides to run for another term.

Obama was the President of the Harvard Law Review and taught Constitutional Law for 12 years at the University of Chicago.  I can think of nobody better to appoint Supreme Court Justices than Barack Obama, someone who knows the Constitution line by line.

Did I mention that Obama is also rated 100 Percent Perfect by AU, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State.

This is what the founding father intended.

Have you seen Bill Maher's movie, "Religuous?"

Many Americans have no idea of what the "founding fathers" truly believed.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
I also have a hunch that Obama will appoint General Wesley Clark as Defense Secretary, Warren Buffet as Treasury Secretary.........Al Gore possibly, as Secretary of Energy.  I have many guesses at Secretary of State as well....:)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

One of the Top Movies of the year!

I never miss his show either!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »
As much as I don't like the neocons, this thread and it's content freaks me out just as much  :(

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »
As much as I don't like the neocons, this thread and it's content freaks me out just as much  :(

Why?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »

Damn i didn't think that movie was out yet.  I must see that.   Bill Maher should be president!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
Damn i didn't think that movie was out yet.  I must see that.   Bill Maher should be president!

It was an excellent flick.  I was in stitches most of the time...just non-stop laughs.

Bill really hit this one out of the park.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
Why?

neocons are fucked as is.

with all the recent changes dems would take advantage of them and then some.

Communism isn't an issue. All those people crying communism are dipshits.

Democracy sucks, it's funny how Republic has been rubbed out of politicians and the media's vocabulary.