Author Topic: Gakic/Leukic  (Read 3182 times)

quadz

• Getbig I
Gakic/Leukic
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
Can someone briefly explain to me what exactly these two Muscletech supplements are for? I read the write ups on them and it's usually about 20 lines of hype.

quadz

• Getbig I
Re: Gakic/Leukic
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:20:44 AM »
Just like I thought - no one else knows WTF they actually do.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
That's what's under the science section of Gakic at muscletech:

"The fact of the matter is GAKIC® Hardcore translates into instant, raw strength. So much in fact, subjects taking GAKIC Hardcore's key complex instantly jacked up their strength by an incredible 10.5 percent and increased muscle growth stimulus by up to 28 percent! What’s more, in the same clinical study one extraordinary test subject amplified his strength by an earth-shattering 24.3 percent. Yes, you read it right, 24.3 percent! So, not only are you pushing heavier weights, but you’re banging out more reps, and this is all with your very first dose! Because GAKIC Hardcore gives you an incredible surge of strength, you can exert your muscles like never before to trigger all-new muscle growth!"

I think that's solid science, why complain?

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
I tried GAKIC when it first came out.
I tried the version brought out by Muscle Science a local firm, basically it holds of the burn.
In both me and my wife we got more reps on all exercises especially the calves.
But MS GAKIC  tasted like smelly feet and you have to down a whole bunch of horse pills.
I found other pre work out boosters better value and easier to swallow.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »
Can someone briefly explain to me what exactly these two Muscletech supplements are for? I read the write ups on them and it's usually about 20 lines of hype.

it appears to be some alkaline mineral/amino complex which would help the muscular contractile strength. Some of the compound may help nervous system recruitment. However, i have never seen this particular compound before.

i have used it, as i have a bunch of free bottles, it is ok. I hate muscletech though. I wouldnt buy it but i do notice a slight increase in strength.

you would get the same thing from alkalizing your body prior to training ime, calcium,potassium, sodium bicarbonate pre workout.

quadz

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 11:52:02 PM »
Seems like they're energy boosters similar to the creatines/NO's.
All in all, I'd say they're yet another mystery product from Muscletech. ::)
I appreciate the responses guys.
Q

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 11:54:43 PM »
the leukic is a quality supplement its just way over priced. its a leucine analog, or somethin like that(lol), and leucine is very beneficial.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 12:14:34 AM »
Just look at the ingredients on the back of the bottle. Read up about any ingredient you're unsure of and it should tell you all you need to know in relation to benefitting exercise, if you look hard enough.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
I tried GAKIC when it first came out.
I tried the version brought out by Muscle Science a local firm, basically it holds of the burn.
In both me and my wife we got more reps on all exercises especially the calves.
But MS GAKIC  tasted like smelly feet and you have to down a whole bunch of horse pills.
I found other pre work out boosters better value and easier to swallow.

I tried Gakic for three months, and it's pretty good as far as giving you the extra OOMPH to bang out more reps. However, it's way too expensive. The only reason I got three months' worth is because I got the powder, which GNC had marked down drastically (as it was discontinued). A month's worth of pills retailed for $80; the powder was on sale for HALF that price. Throw in the Gold Card discount and other markdowns and I nearly got three cans of the powder for the price of one bottle of pills.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »
the leukic is a quality supplement its just way over priced. its a leucine analog, or somethin like that(lol), and leucine is very beneficial.
Agreed.

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 06:34:37 AM »
The newer Gakic with the stims in there is great I have awesome workouts with it

It is very pricey so I only use it on days I need the extra kick. Back or legs. I find a hald serving works well to. I struggle to drink all these pre-workout drinks they make me want to hurl with a hard work out.

If youve got the cahs give it a go

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 06:48:07 AM »
LMAO

Worlds FIRST 100% anabolic compound!!  ;D ;D

::) ::)

??? ??? ??? ???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »
The newer Gakic with the stims in there is great I have awesome workouts with it

It is very pricey so I only use it on days I need the extra kick. Back or legs. I find a hald serving works well to. I struggle to drink all these pre-workout drinks they make me want to hurl with a hard work out.

If youve got the cahs give it a go

Hurling wasn’t something I had the option of doing, when I was using the Gakic powder. Sunny Delight (or concentrated orange juice) was the only thing I could use to mask the flavor of that horrid-tasting potion. But, even then, a lot of it settled to the bottom of the bottle. And the aftertaste…..GOOD GRIEF!!!! It was torture on the tastebuds.

I may give Gakic Hardcore a try, once the price drops a bit. Although, you would think that with Gakic Hardcore on the shelves, regular Gakic would be reduced in price.

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 08:03:55 AM »
No I mean I cant drink things like No Explode or Vapor. I can taste them when im training makes me want to get sick...

I take Gakic hardcore and im fine , seriously improves my strength and stamina.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 10:05:17 AM »
LMAO
??? ??? ??? ???

Are you saying that the science behind Gakic is questionable?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »
man this is funny...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »
Are you saying that the science behind Gakic is questionable?
the science behind gakic is legit and it does increase the amount of reps youll get on any given exercise if you take it before you train.. good for muscular endurace... so if you lift 275  X 4 normally but take gaikic you might get 275 X 6... so next time you train youll hit 275 X 6 without gakic OR if you take gakic again you could get 275 X 7 or 8...    thats how it works... now the question is.. is 60 dollars (or whatever the outrageous price it is at) worth that to you?

io856

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »
the science behind gakic is legit and it does increase the amount of reps youll get on any given exercise if you take it before you train.. good for muscular endurace... so if you lift 275  X 4 normally but take gaikic you might get 275 X 6... so next time you train youll hit 275 X 6 without gakic OR if you take gakic again you could get 275 X 7 or 8...    thats how it works... now the question is.. is 60 dollars (or whatever the outrageous price it is at) worth that to you?
How do we know thats just not placebo?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
How do we know thats just not placebo?

We dont unless gakic has been compared to placebo in a double blind. I find it effective, not really expecting much. Like i said i wouldnt buy it, but i seems to have some effect, but certainly not worth the money.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 04:59:32 AM »

(considering the fact that 1 thousand 5mg dbol costs only double that ? )

Nope! I don't think it's worth it. That's why I haven't bought any Gakic, since MuscleTech discontinued the powdered version (which I could get for $30 or less).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:48 AM »
No I mean I cant drink things like No Explode or Vapor. I can taste them when im training makes me want to get sick...

I take Gakic hardcore and im fine , seriously improves my strength and stamina.

Even though I like NO-XPLODE (particularly the Lemon-Lime version), I can see how it could make you nauseous. But, Nano Vapor doesn't require as much water, as the scoops are much smaller. That's one thing I like about it, along with the fact that you don't have to take it 30-45 minutes before training; you can down it immediately beforehand.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »
Another one falls too the advertisement of Muscletech. :-\ :-\ Waste of money.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
yeah i dont think its worth the cost either but if musceltech was sponsoring me i would definitely use it before every workout. hell, id love to use all the muscletech supplements. they really are good quality supplements.. the best available (for their respective categories)... but the margin by which they are better is small and the price you pay for that brand is just rediculous.. that being said id still love to have the full line of muscletech products , and id use all of them if i did.

(what im saying is that any body reading this who works for muscletech should tell their superiors that you know a great young up and comer to sponsor !!!! just give me the supps and put my pic in soem mags !!  ;D )

io856

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 11:33:14 PM »
I think anyone who was sponsored by muscletech would toy around with their supplements in the off season. Just for the average gym goer 16-25 it isn't really value  for money.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 06:32:58 AM »
yeah i dont think its worth the cost either but if musceltech was sponsoring me i would definitely use it before every workout. hell, id love to use all the muscletech supplements. they really are good quality supplements.. the best available (for their respective categories)... but the margin by which they are better is small and the price you pay for that brand is just rediculous.. that being said id still love to have the full line of muscletech products , and id use all of them if i did.

All you have to do is wait until GNC starts marking the prices down for clearance. Of course, when that happens (along with MuscleTech's "Buy One; Get One 50% Off" promo AND the GNC Gold Card discount), you get great deals.

That's how I got the powdered Gakic so cheap, years ago. It's also how I got to try Nano Vapor for $30, which lasted about two months.

Of course, I miss the days of getting the 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH for $20. But, with a little patience, they might start hacking the prices down again.