Author Topic: Acorns are dropping like crazy  (Read 6682 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Acorns are dropping like crazy
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »

DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2008, 12:36:36 PM »
The bold colored print is what's called context. It actually DOES change the facts.

The most important fact of all is that ACOR is being INVESTIGATED. They haven't been INDICTED or CONVICTED of anything.

The bold colored print is what's called overkill.  It attempts to distract from an otherwise weak conclusion.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but as a reader, when I see that stuff I tend to ignore it.  The occasional underline, bold, etc. are much more effective IMO.  But maybe that’s just me.    

The fact you have investigations all over the country involving the same organization tells me that the organization does not pass the smell test.  Too much smoke.  I think if there was only an FBI investigation and no history of misconduct, then you could at least float the "politically motivated" conspiracy theory.  But I think it is highly unlikely Republicans have conspired all over the country to investigate this organization.  

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
DAWG

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »
The bold colored print is what's called overkill.  It attempts to distract from an otherwise weak conclusion.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but as a reader, when I see that stuff I tend to ignore it..   

That last sentence doesn't surprise me. :(

Howeve, the quotes are extracts from long articles that OVERWHELMINGLY prove a point. It's an attempt to try to make facts easily digestible for someone, who admits that it is difficult for him to read long articles.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
The bold colored print is what's called overkill.  It attempts to distract from an otherwise weak conclusion.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but as a reader, when I see that stuff I tend to ignore it.  The occasional underline, bold, etc. are much more effective IMO.  But maybe that’s just me.    

The fact you have investigations all over the country involving the same organization tells me that the organization does not pass the smell test.  Too much smoke.  I think if there was only an FBI investigation and no history of misconduct, then you could at least float the "politically motivated" conspiracy theory.  But I think it is highly unlikely Republicans have conspired all over the country to investigate this organization.  

Come on now all those homeless people that admitted to getting cigarettes and other things from Acorn employees are Republicans agents! But shhh don't tell anyone  ::) :-X

BTW anyone ever thought of the math? Acorn was hardly paying good money, and people have admitted to getting money,cigarettes and other stuff from them...I think there is a money trail....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »
That last sentence doesn't surprise me. :(

Howeve, the quotes are extracts from long articles that OVERWHELMINGLY prove a point. It's an attempt to try to make facts easily digestible for someone, who admits that it is difficult for him to read long articles.

What?  What are you talking about?  For the most part, anytime someone asks me to read something, I do it.  What I don't really do is spend 30 minutes watching video clips.  

That said, many of us who post here have ADD on the board. . . .  

But I stand by my comments.  Pure distraction.  It might work with others.  Doesn’t work with me.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
Come on now all those homeless people that admitted to getting cigarettes and other things from Acorn employees are Republicans agents! But shhh don't tell anyone  ::) :-X

BTW anyone ever thought of the math? Acorn was hardly paying good money, and people have admitted to getting money,cigarettes and other stuff from them...I think there is a money trail....

I wonder how many cigarettes you can buy for $800,000?   :D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2008, 01:03:46 PM »
What?  What are you talking about?  For the most part, anytime someone asks me to read something, I do it.  What I don't really do is spend 30 minutes watching video clips. 

But I stand by my comments.  Pure distraction.  It might work with others.  Doesn’t work with me.   

The quotes I posted in no way qualify as distractions.  They were direct rebuttals to  out of context nonsense you posted. The quotes I posted explained the history of the republican party in regards to ACORN  and  the opinion of election officials that NO VOTER FRAUD has or would occur. There is also a line in theRE in which election officials spEcifically say ACORN is NOT TRYING TO STEAL THE PRESIDENCY.

I hope that that is short enough for you to comprehend.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »
Come on now all those homeless people that admitted to getting cigarettes and other things from Acorn employees are Republicans agents! But shhh don't tell anyone  ::) :-X

This is the most notorious case:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10102008/news/politics/1_voter__72_registrations_132965.htm

He claims to have made about $10 and 10-20 cigarettes over the course of 18 months. For filling out more than 70 forms. Even if the workers are making minimum wage, there wouldn't have to be a money trail.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
This is the most notorious case:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10102008/news/politics/1_voter__72_registrations_132965.htm

He claims to have made about $10 and 10-20 cigarettes over the course of 18 months. For filling out more than 70 forms. Even if the workers are making minimum wage, there wouldn't have to be a money trail.

He got about a dollar each time, now multiply it by hundreds daily...I doubt the employees were making enough to make up for it.

I wonder how much they planned on paying to vote over and over .....

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »
He got about a dollar each time, now multiply it by hundreds daily...I doubt the employees were making enough to make up for it.

I wonder how much they planned on paying to vote over and over .....

No. He did not get a dollar each time. As I stated earlier, her made -AT MOST- $15 dollars cash in total and maybe 20 cigarettes. This was over the course of 18 months for over 70 applications. There would be no need fora money trail.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
No. He did not get a dollar each time. As I stated earlier, her made -AT MOST- $15 dollars cash in total and maybe 20 cigarettes. This was over the course of 18 months for over 70 applications. There would be no need fora money trail.

He said that he was getting either cigarettes or money from them each time.
Also I'm sure that he wasn't visited 70 times, probably filled out ~3 applications at a time, I mean it's not like anyone would stop him ...quite the opposite.

So take his buck/cigarette or whatever (there were rumors of drugs too but I guess no one will have the balls to say that at court) and multiply it by dozens of people that each Acorn employee did it to.

I can't understand how you can defend Acron....oh wait I can....you're a usual fact ignoring Democrat...it seem this board is plagued with your type.Seriously....a criminal investigation on several states isn't enough?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »
He said that he was getting either cigarettes or money from them each time.
Also I'm sure that he wasn't visited 70 times, probably filled out ~3 applications at a time, I mean it's not like anyone would stop him ...quite the opposite.

So take his buck/cigarette or whatever (there were rumors of drugs too but I guess no one will have the balls to say that at court) and multiply it by dozens of people that each Acorn employee did it to.

I can't understand how you can defend Acron....oh wait I can....you're a usual fact ignoring Democrat...it seem this board is plagued with your type.Seriously....a criminal investigation on several states isn't enough?

He was visited on 70 separate occasions. He's told the story several times. He worked in a public area where ACORN had workers. He never claimed to receive money or cigs for EVERY registration.

No, a criminal investigation isn't enough, especially when they are politically motivated. Maybe, if there were some prosecutions that would mean something.  And what facts have I ignored? Decker and I have spent the entire thread correcting yours, Beach Bum 's and 33!111!whatever's  dueling conspiracy theories with the actual facts that your half truths are based on. Beach Bum has admitted that he just doesn't read anything that won't support his position.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »
He was visited on 70 separate occasions. He's told the story several times. He worked in a public area where ACORN had workers. He never claimed to receive money or cigs for EVERY registration.

No, a criminal investigation isn't enough, especially when they are politically motivated. Maybe, if there were some prosecutions that would mean something.  And what facts have I ignored? Decker and I have spent the entire thread correcting yours, Beach Bum 's and 33!111!whatever's  dueling conspiracy theories with the actual facts that your half truths are based on. Beach Bum has admitted that he just doesn't read anything that won't support his position.

Ok...he's the only one that ever got money for it and it was a rare occasion too....it only happened to thousands in different states....oh yeah...that was the icing on the FBI investigation cake....the face punching facts that its a NATIONAL wide operation that works the same all over the nation....whomever can think of a conspiracy  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
Beach Bum has admitted that he just doesn't read anything that won't support his position.

lol.  Competely untrue.  You can do better than that. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2008, 05:58:19 PM »
T when I see that stuff I tend to ignore it.

You said it. Plain as day.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »
You said it. Plain as day.

Whatever.  At least wait for a new thread to distort comments.  lol . . .

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2008, 06:15:28 PM »
Am I distorting facts. Because I'm just following your lead. This post from earlier where you quoted specific facts from an article and then neglected  put those quotes into context, which, miraculously, changed their meaning.

Yes, the article lays out facts like these: 

"In nearly a dozen states, county registrars have found phony voter registration applications submitted by canvassers for Acorn; criminal investigations are under way in Nevada, Ohio and elsewhere; and a racketeering suit was filed in Ohio this week." 

And these:

"Obama's campaign did pay $832,000 to an affiliate of Acorn, Citizens Services, to help turn out voters in Democratic primaries, although the purpose of the money was initially misstated in reports to the Federal Election Commission."

No, nothing criminal about this organization.

Also, after I kindly posted the relevant context you ignored it, claiming it was distraction that you couldn't be bothered to read. I didn't really distort anything.

Unlike your post, when context is added, the story remained exactly the same.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »
I don't usually do this, but I'm a little bored, so here goes.  Here is what you said:

Beach Bum has admitted that he just doesn't read anything that won't support his position.

Here is what I said:

The bold colored print is what's called overkill.  It attempts to distract from an otherwise weak conclusion.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but as a reader, when I see that stuff I tend to ignore it.  The occasional underline, bold, etc. are much more effective IMO.  But maybe that’s just me.   

In other words, I tend to ignore the overly dramatic supersized, colored font because it generally masks a weak argument.  I didn't say anything about content.   

I also said this:

What?  What are you talking about?  For the most part, anytime someone asks me to read something, I do it.   What I don't really do is spend 30 minutes watching video clips. 

But I stand by my comments.  Pure distraction.  It might work with others.  Doesn’t work with me.   

Now, contrasting your claim that I "admitted that [ I] just [ don't] read anything that won't support [ my] position" with what I actually said shows you simply misstated the facts. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »
Nice try, but pulling random quotes out of the air doesn't prove your argument, though. ;)

when I see that stuff I tend to ignore it. 

What you said is quite clear. The sentence stands on its own. What comes before or after it only serves as distraction; it will in no way elaborate on your point.  :-\

But,thanks for proving my point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
Nice try, but pulling random quotes out of the air doesn't prove your argument, though. ;)

You crack me up.  O.K.  Maybe I missed the "non-random" quote that you are talking about.  Post the "admission" from me that supports this statement:

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »
DAWG