Author Topic: Lol apparently boxer sam peter benches 700lbs!  (Read 8159 times)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
Re: Lol apparently boxer sam peter benches 700lbs!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
Sam hit 700? Damn.
Hey Steve, did you find when you were still Competing fighting, lifting weights helped yr speed, power, flexibility etc in yr fights? i ask that because i found b4 i started lifting weights in the late 1980s my speed, power etc..in my fights was spot on...after lifting heavy weights for more than a decade i found when actually getting back in the ring for real, i was bigger, stronger etc...but F.uck me i just didn,t have the timing, speed, and more so Flexibility like yrs b4, (getting older doesn,t help ether ;D) although i was alot stronger in the clintchs, grappling etc....

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
that is basically what i said. To become a bvetter footballer you need to play football...however doing plyo's etc will improive they will not turn a shit footballer in to a great footballer.
Oh...sorry mis-read your post :)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 10:02:46 AM »
no probs dude  8)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
that is basically what i said. To become a bvetter footballer you need to play football...however doing plyo's etc will improive they will not turn a shit footballer in to a great footballer.

So there s no hope for me  :D

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »
Who cares how much he benches when got beaten like this?  ;D

And one more thing:
Vitali reveals secret remedy!

Just when you thought you've heard everything. WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko has revealed his secret remedy for keeping his hands from swelling after fights. The champion told BILD he wraps his hands with Pampers soaked with the urine of his three-year-old son Max. "Children's urine is pure, without toxic substances and hardly smells. Little Max must make peepee for Dad," Klitschko is quoted as saying. "Some people even drink their own urine, however I don't." The champ added, "I also recommend the urine compress for Sam Peter. He could wind it around his head."  :D :D

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
Bench dont mean shit in boxing....Correct. when Tyson was young 13-23 he only did weights on rare occasions, weights always took second place to his Boxing training....fast forward to when Tyson first got out of jail in 1995 and had his first fight back against peter McNeely...awesome build ripped abs etc...did it make tyson any better lifting weights? he looked more muscaluar, harder, deeper abs, biceps etc... when he came back he looked a Million dollars.....looked like he spent more time down the gym lifting weights than in the Boxing gym....Tyson was @ his best when he spent more time in the BOXING GYM..not the GYM lifting weights, carrying that extra muscle didn,t help Tyson, when he came out of the can he was still just 29-30 yrs old...i still think regardless TYSON in his PRIME 19-22 was one of the most destructive heavyweights ever!

Tyson was quite muscular for a boxer and obviously lifted weights often, regardless of what he claims.

Also, The movement from a benchpress and the movements from several types of punches are essentially the same and use the same muscle groups. I.E. Big Bench=More powerful punch. Though in order to get a "hard hit" speed is also necessary. Basic physics.  K=1/2M*V2

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

Tyson was quite muscular for a boxer and obviously lifted weights often, regardless of what he claims.

In an interview, Mike said he never put more the 225 on the bar his entire life.

If you know anything about his training, he did DIPS like a mad man.

8)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 02:57:07 PM »
In an interview, Mike said he never put more the 225 on the bar his entire life.

If you know anything about his training, he did DIPS like a mad man.

8)

Boxers i know who do weights do lots of chins dips and shoulders. Although squats help with power and the power goes form ur big toe all way through body to fist not many do squats...maybe overkill all teh skipping and running

many punch with dumbells.

type 'ross training' into youtube...this guy has the right idea

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 03:07:37 PM »
700lbs  ::)

and mike tyson benching 400lbs? not even close...he was never as strong in the gym as alot of people seem to believe.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »

Also, The movement from a benchpress and the movements from several types of punches are essentially the same and use the same muscle groups. I.E. Big Bench=More powerful punch. Though in order to get a "hard hit" speed is also necessary. Basic physics.  K=1/2M*V2
LOL........Basic physics.....mate not being smart here but have you been a Competitive fighter of anysort @ any level eg: Karate, MMA, Kickboxing, Boxing, underground cage fighting, etc???...the "Basic physics" theory always gives me a good Laugh why?...Because when you fight in a ring (of anysort) with another man (who's trained to fight) hes not standing STILL straight in front of you (unless he's stupid) allowing you to use the Basic physics theory of the More you can Bench = more powerful punch... I'm gonna offload my 500lbs of bench press power and knock you out, because you can only benchpress 250lbs...that mate you can take to the BANK is Rubbish...throwing your arms out to punch someone in the head or using your legs to kick someone in the head in the ring has got NOTHING to do with how much bigger your bench is than mine or that if you can squat 800lbs compared to my 300lbs...because the basic physics theory says you can by that rule will be able to kick me Harder in the Head because you can squat 800lbs...and because you can bench 500lbs compared to my 250lbs.... if you follow that rule (because its Basic physics) you  should be able to punch me harder, with "MORE" power etc.....in reality it does not translate in the ring... that Basic physics theory belongs where it should in the BOOK, and in my view does not work in combat.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »
LOL........Basic physics.....mate not being smart here but have you been a Competitive fighter of anysort @ any level eg: Karate, MMA, Kickboxing, Boxing, underground cage fighting, etc???...the "Basic physics" theory always gives me a good Laugh why?...Because when you fight in a ring (of anysort) with another man (who's trained to fight) hes not standing STILL straight in front of you (unless he's stupid) allowing you to use the Basic physics theory of the More you can Bench = more powerful punch... I'm gonna offload my 500lbs of bench press power and knock you out, because you can only benchpress 250lbs...that mate you can take to the BANK is Rubbish...throwing your arms out to punch someone in the head or using your legs to kick someone in the head in the ring has got NOTHING to do with how much bigger your bench is than mine or that if you can squat 800lbs compared to my 300lbs...because the basic physics theory says you can by that rule will be able to kick me Harder in the Head because you can squat 800lbs...and because you can bench 500lbs compared to my 250lbs.... if you follow that rule (because its Basic physics) you  should be able to punch me harder, with "MORE" power etc.....in reality it does not translate in the ring... that Basic physics theory belongs where it should in the BOOK, and in my view does not work in combat.

correct.

In a streetfight though all things being equal the stronger/bigger guy will generally win...only if both are untrained

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »

The same muscles are used regardless of if the opponent is moving about or not.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »
get a gun and no one cares what you bench press.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »

The same muscles are used regardless of if the opponent is moving about or not.

Punching is legs waist and back...shoulders to an extent.

I can ssure you on this. I cant punsh as hard as some people i may outbench by 100lbs despite them being 30kg lighter  than me

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »
Punching is legs waist and back...shoulders to an extent.

I can ssure you on this. I cant punsh as hard as some people i may outbench by 100lbs despite them being 30kg lighter  than me

But if they bumped their bench up 100lbs then they would punch even harder.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 03:41:05 PM »
I will ask him the inns and outs of this tomorro and reply.

But to get that extra 100lbs he would likely have to move up 2 weight classes...where people are punching harder still.

Not once punch in boxing comes from the chest...if you ever do a boxing workout or padwork etc you will be sore next day in calves, waist possibly shoulders, lats biceps anr forearms

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »
If you want to know whether strength makes a big difference in boxing, just look at the champions throughout history.

As time goes on, they keep getting bigger and bigger; not just strength-wise, but height-wise too.

Today, you have champions with barely any skill, relying purely on sheer brute force.

Is strength and size important in heavyweight boxing?

I'd say it's extremely important.
☠ Order of Nephilim

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »
Right, Put a top boxer from the 1890s against a top boxer today and it would be like a grown man fighting a small child.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »
It is more the size difference that makes teh difference...height.

e.g An average 7foot russin giant will always always stand a chance against a 6'2 talanted boxer,

If you cant get close enough you cant do damage.

Also those 7footers prob have 90" reaches

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
If you want to know whether strength makes a big difference in boxing, just look at the champions throughout history.

As time goes on, they keep getting bigger and bigger; not just strength-wise, but height-wise too.

Today, you have champions with barely any skill, relying purely on sheer brute force.

Is strength and size important in heavyweight boxing?

I'd say it's extremely important.
Strength and size is in modern combat important...but it will always play second to Mental Conditioning...if your Mentally weak all the strength and size WHEN the PRESSURE is FORCED onto you... will not save your massive size and strength of a body.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »
It is more the size difference that makes teh difference...height.

e.g An average 7foot russin giant will always always stand a chance against a 6'2 talanted boxer,

If you cant get close enough you cant do damage.

Also those 7footers prob have 90" reaches

I agree that height makes a huge difference too;
I believe I mentioned that in my post.
The increased musculature however, is just as important.
Also, the extremely tall guys fighting, have correspondingly high power, due to their body mass.

If Mike Tyson had the physique of Bob Fitzsimmons,
he wouldn't have been a force in modern heavyweight boxing.

The overall trend is toward top heavyweights getting stronger and taller.
Boxers today, would make the classic boxers look like midgets.
The dramatic size increase is not always matched with a dramatic skill increase,
because the bigger you are, the less skill you need to win.

"Strength and size is in modern combat important...but it will always play second to Mental Conditioning...if your Mentally weak all the strength and size WHEN the PRESSURE is FORCED onto you... will not save your massive size and strength of a body."

That's true unless the size advantage is absolutely ridiculous, like it is with Valuev.
He was carried to a championship, relying purely on his size. He beat guys with greater heart than him,
because they simply didn't have the tools to beat his size advantage.
☠ Order of Nephilim