Author Topic: McCain: Ayers will come up in debate  (Read 387 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
McCain: Ayers will come up in debate
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »
I wonder if McCain realizes bringing this up probably won't help him, and might even make his poll numbers plummet further. :-\ He's going to look like a cranky old man wallowing in negativity while Obama looks presidential. Obama can also bring up Keating if necessary and force McCain to defend himself.

Andy Barr

John McCain said Tuesday that Barack Obama is “probably ensured” that his association with 1960s radical William Ayers will come up in Wednesday’s debate.

“I was astonished to hear him say that he was surprised that I didn’t have the guts” to bring up Ayers, McCain said on KMOX, a St. Louis radio station.

“I think he is probably ensured that it will come up this time.”

McCain was responding to Obama’s charge last week that the Arizona senator was willing to make attacks on the campaign trail that he would not say in person.

“I am surprised that, you know, we've been seeing some pretty over-the-top attacks coming out of the McCain campaign over the last several days, that he wasn't willing to say it to my face,” Obama said. “But I guess we've got one last debate. So presumably, if he ends up feeling that he needs to, he will raise it during the debate.”

Obama has also accused McCain of trying to score “cheap political points” by bringing up Ayers.

Despite challenging Obama on the association, McCain insisted that he does not care about the “old washed-up terrorist” but said that the Illinois Democrat is not “being truthful” about the relationship.

!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: McCain: Ayers will come up in debate
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:00:10 AM »
I wonder if McCain realizes bringing this up probably won't help him, and might even make his poll numbers plummet further. :-\ He's going to look like a cranky old man wallowing in negativity while Obama looks presidential. Obama can also bring up Keating if necessary and force McCain to defend himself.

Andy Barr

John McCain said Tuesday that Barack Obama is “probably ensured” that his association with 1960s radical William Ayers will come up in Wednesday’s debate.

“I was astonished to hear him say that he was surprised that I didn’t have the guts” to bring up Ayers, McCain said on KMOX, a St. Louis radio station.

“I think he is probably ensured that it will come up this time.”

McCain was responding to Obama’s charge last week that the Arizona senator was willing to make attacks on the campaign trail that he would not say in person.

“I am surprised that, you know, we've been seeing some pretty over-the-top attacks coming out of the McCain campaign over the last several days, that he wasn't willing to say it to my face,” Obama said. “But I guess we've got one last debate. So presumably, if he ends up feeling that he needs to, he will raise it during the debate.”

Obama has also accused McCain of trying to score “cheap political points” by bringing up Ayers.

Despite challenging Obama on the association, McCain insisted that he does not care about the “old washed-up terrorist” but said that the Illinois Democrat is not “being truthful” about the relationship.

If McCain does that, then he'll sink further into the mud.  Obama has already been hit with the allegation by Clinton and others and it just doesn't work simply because Obama was 9 years old when all of that happenned. 

You can't be guilty by association
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: McCain: Ayers will come up in debate
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 09:02:28 AM »
And then Obama is going to bring up Keating 5 and stomp McCain to the bottom of the cesspool with that little issue.

McCain + Keating 5 + today's finacial crisis = complete doom.