Author Topic: Can you believe a devout Muslim wrote these two books?  (Read 1593 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Can you believe a devout Muslim wrote these two books?
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »
The Signs of Jesus' Second Coming
by Harun Yahya (Author)

Product Description
The Qur'an and the related sayings of Prophets tell us that Jesus (pbuh) will come back to Earth again in the End Times, the times preceding the Day of Judgment. In addition, the signs of this event as revealed in the New Testament have parallels with those stated in the hadiths. Jesus return to Earth, a belief held by both Christians and Muslims, will end this world's all-pervasive cruelty and injustice and transform it into a place of peace, abundance, and justice. This book examines the signs of Prophet Jesus' (pbuh) second coming from the Islamic sources and how the signs that they provide have come true one by one. People witnessing these signs may, by God's Will, hope that his return is close. The world is also getting sociologically prepared for such a great event. The chain of events through which humanity has passed during the last two centuries has, both covertly and overtly, raised the expectation of a savior in the minds of people all over the world. People have increasingly seen that materialistic ideologies and lifestyles cannot save humanity; rather, they lead humanity closer to disaster and emptiness. This situation has caused many people to turn to the morality of religion. It is no coincidence that this sociological infrastructure has been established at a time when the signs of Prophet Jesus' (pbuh) second coming appear one after another. By God's Will, Prophet Jesus' (pbuh) return will cause religion's morality to pervade all over the world and all sincere believers to attain security. Along with all other believers, we hope that our Lord will honor us by letting us meet this blessed visitor and enable us to make the best preparations to meet him.

Hardcover: 504 pages
Publisher: Global Publishing; 1st edition (2004)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9756426497
ISBN-13: 978-9756426494

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Signs-Jesus-Second-Coming/dp/9756426497/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223995246&sr=1-15

Jesus Will Return
by Harun Yahya (Author)

Product Description
In the Qur'an there is an explicit reference to the second coming of Jesus, peace be upon him, to the world. This is also confirmed in reliable hadith. The realisation of some of the information revealed in the Qur'an about Jesus can only be made possible when Jesus returns.

Paperback: 101 pages
Publisher: Ta-Ha Publishers Ltd (February 1, 2001)
ISBN-10: 1842000225
ISBN-13: 978-1842000229

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Will-Return-Harun-Yahya/dp/1842000225/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223995695&sr=1-1

About the Author:
Adnan Oktar a.k.a Adnan Hoca (born Ankara, 1956), also known by his pen name Harun Yahya, is a prominent advocate of Islamic creationism in the creation-evolution debate. He is considered by some to be the leading Muslim advocate of creationism.  He subscribes to Old Earth creationism. He is against Zionism and Freemasonry and sees them as very interrelated movements, though he denounces anti-Semitism and terrorism, which he says is a product of Darwinism, not religious fanaticism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harun_Yahya

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Can you believe a devout Muslim wrote these two books?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »
How much money did he make on the book deal?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
How much money did he make on the book deal?

I don't know.  Why?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »
Humans do dumb things for money.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:01:01 PM »
Humans do dumb things for money.

Yes they do, so?  What does that have to do with this?  How is this Muslim author writing books about Jesus' return dumb?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
How do you know it's not money that motivated him? Unless of course he donated all of it to starving children or built a church.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:32:50 PM »
How do you know it's not money that motivated him? Unless of course he donated all of it to starving children or built a church.
how do u know anything unless u really look into the matter? LOL.

growing up I was taught that in the end days Jesus is gonna come back and defeat the Dajjal, or the Anti-Christ. I'm nto quite sure if this is considered to be 'common knowledge' for muslims, as there are variations of the "end of days" events.

Very exciting stories sure to get the attention of people, but thats probably the extent of their 'usefulness'. Now only if people found the real, indisputable teachings of religion as exciting as these mostly fictional stories we would be on to something.

Pretty disheartening to see people turn a deaf ear to real teachings like humility, charity, brotherhood, etc.  :(
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:34:40 AM »
Yes they do, so?  What does that have to do with this?  How is this Muslim author writing books about Jesus' return dumb?

The muslim author is writing such books because it's his duty as a muslim to spread islam. The acceptance of Jesus into islam in any shape or form is to make easier conversions in the Christian to muslim direction. This is because muslims will tell you that you don't have to repent your love of Jesus to become muslim and that he is celebrated in islam too.

Problem is however, that the islamic Jesus will one day return only to tell Christians and Jews they're wrong and kill all non-religious types. He's also not the savior of mankind, he's just a lowly man in islam.

Thanks for propagating the propaganda of the enemies of humanity Loco.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 06:02:30 AM »
The muslim author is writing such books because it's his duty as a muslim to spread islam. The acceptance of Jesus into islam in any shape or form is to make easier conversions in the Christian to muslim direction. This is because muslims will tell you that you don't have to repent your love of Jesus to become muslim and that he is celebrated in islam too.

Now, this I have an easier time believing as the author's reason for writing the books. 

Problem is however, that the islamic Jesus will one day return only to tell Christians and Jews they're wrong and kill all non-religious types. He's also not the savior of mankind, he's just a lowly man in islam.

Thanks for propagating the propaganda of the enemies of humanity Loco.

Don't worry, Nordic Superman!  Informed Christians won't fall for this and I, and other Christians, are actually informing other Christians so that they won't fall for this either.

Muslims believe almost everything that Christians believe about Jesus:

That Jesus was virgin born
That Jesus did miracles
That Jesus is a prophet of Allah
That Jesus is the Messiah
That Jesus is alive today
That Jesus will return

Jesus in Islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam#Life

However, Muslims deny the things that are most important to Christians about Jesus and the things that make the difference between Heaven and Hell according to the Bible:

Muslims deny that Jesus is the Son of God.
Muslims deny that Jesus died for our sins.
Muslims deny that Jesus rose again.  They believe that Jesus ascended into Heaven and escaped death.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 06:10:52 AM »

I don't know, and I don't care.  I tend to agree with Nordic Superman on the author's reason and motivation for writing the books.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 06:13:29 AM »
how do u know anything unless u really look into the matter? LOL.

growing up I was taught that in the end days Jesus is gonna come back and defeat the Dajjal, or the Anti-Christ. I'm nto quite sure if this is considered to be 'common knowledge' for muslims, as there are variations of the "end of days" events.

Very exciting stories sure to get the attention of people, but thats probably the extent of their 'usefulness'. Now only if people found the real, indisputable teachings of religion as exciting as these mostly fictional stories we would be on to something.

Pretty disheartening to see people turn a deaf ear to real teachings like humility, charity, brotherhood, etc.  :(
I agree with you. Though religion tries to do that, the condemning of homosexuals, non believers, etc. is turning off many now. It's like having a two faced friend. They'll agree with everything in your presence, but once you leave they'll retort differently. It's not hard to have the qualities above without religion.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 06:19:09 AM »
I agree with you. Though religion tries to do that, the condemning of homosexuals, non believers, etc. is turning off many now. It's like having a two faced friend. They'll agree with everything in your presence, but once you leave they'll retort differently. It's not hard to have the qualities above without religion.

It seems hard for you, based on your posts about starving children in 3rd world countries.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 06:33:17 AM »
It seems hard for you, based on your posts about starving children in 3rd world countries.
I have no means to save them loco. Maybe one or two, but to devote my life to it is not my goal. Most people think that atheists lack compassion, and are selfish elitist. I am appalled at how starving children are not taken care of by their governments and countries, but am not compelled to do it to just "feel good". I am more impressed with people who adopt a child from there and bring them here for a better life. Sending money may help, but you really have no idea if it's being used for the purpose you intend it for.
I send a little money to family in the Philippines (another poor country) and hope it can help them, but they would rather be here where they can try to create a better life for themselves even with nothing to start with.
I'm more empathetic than sympathetic. Fix the problem, not put a band aid on it. May seem callous to some, but sympathy makes people weak IMO.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 06:41:14 AM »
Muslims believe almost everything that Christians believe about Jesus:

That Jesus was virgin born
That Jesus did miracles
That Jesus is a prophet of Allah
That Jesus is the Messiah
That Jesus is alive today
That Jesus will return

You'd be classed an heretic to propose Jesus was a prophet of God and you certainly wouldn't be a true Christian.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 06:45:30 AM »
You'd be classed an heretic to propose Jesus was a prophet of God and you certainly wouldn't be a true Christian.

You're right.  Scratch that.    ;D

What I meant by that is that some might be surprised to know that Muslims believe that Jesus was sent by God.