Author Topic: iNSULIN RELEASE TIMES  (Read 955 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
iNSULIN RELEASE TIMES
« on: October 14, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
Check it.

:)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: iNSULIN RELEASE TIMES
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:23:09 PM »
Good to use as a base but ask diabetics what they think of it and you will get differing response..
Thats why slin is lethal in the wrong hands  ;)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »
where does novolog go on that chart?  I think it may be faster than humalog.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
where does novolog go on that chart?  I think it may be faster than humalog.

novolog is slightly different than humalog but most people dont see any difference. a good place to go to find out these questions would be to a diabtetes form.. they are very helpful.

spirospros

• Getbig II
  • train to be your best
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:35 AM »
humalog is the best for bb because all the power we need after training the first half hour with a sugar carbs

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 10:12:06 AM »
Good to use as a base but ask diabetics what they think of it and you will get differing response..
Thats why slin is lethal in the wrong hands  ;)

Those are average numbers.  Every individual will have a different response time based on body mass, amount injected, injection site, body fat percentage, and other variables including recent activity.   DO NOT TAKE THAT GRAPH AS GOSPEL.  It will vary from individual to individual. 

Honestly, I think nondiabetics taking insulin get into the danger zone taking insulin in two areas---one is ultrashort insulin like humalog (novalog) because of obvious hypoglycemia issues.  The other are these quacks taking longer acting insulins like NPH where they can induce subclinical hypoglycemia for hours, leading to glycogen depletion and increased counterregulatory hormone levels.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »
Those are average numbers.  Every individual will have a different response time based on body mass, amount injected, injection site, body fat percentage, and other variables including recent activity.   DO NOT TAKE THAT GRAPH AS GOSPEL.  It will vary from individual to individual. 

Honestly, I think nondiabetics taking insulin get into the danger zone taking insulin in two areas---one is ultrashort insulin like humalog (novalog) because of obvious hypoglycemia issues.  The other are these quacks taking longer acting insulins like NPH where they can induce subclinical hypoglycemia for hours, leading to glycogen depletion and increased counterregulatory hormone levels.
That is what I meant..As everyone is different that graph can only be used as a base/starting point...Even in diabetics there daily requirements and how they react to slin can change..One Day the humalog could start working within minutes on another day it could be an hour before veinus sugar levels show any change..That is why slin is very dangerous in the wrong hands..Its to unpredictable

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
That is what I meant..As everyone is different that graph can only be used as a base/starting point...Even in diabetics there daily requirements and how they react to slin can change..One Day the humalog could start working within minutes on another day it could be an hour before veinus sugar levels show any change..That is why slin is very dangerous in the wrong hands..Its to unpredictable

Anyone doing slin without a glucometer is just damn retarded.