Author Topic: Naked PETA ad - would you hit it?  (Read 5518 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Naked PETA ad - would you hit it?
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »
???

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Naked PETA ad - would you hit it?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
i dont like alot of petas actions.

but:

1)i hate how lobsters are treated, you cage thhem, then throw them ontop of eachother in a tiny tank of water, then throw them into boiling water, alive!  horrible.

2)have you seen how they treat cows and chickens? my god it is horrible, they suffer so badly.  for god sakes, charge an extra 20cets a lb and let them live and kill them humanely!

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
nothing deserves to be treated like this, so sad!

dustin

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
She's gonna have to show me her beaver before we make it to the negotiation table... no dice, bitch! Beef - it's what's for dinner!!

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »
The bunny? Absolutely.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:03:22 PM »
???

Yes........with my leather belt and snakeskin boots then polish the night off with a 2lbs T-bone steak!

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »

I have seen much worse done to humans in Africa.

Imagine being forced to eat your own ears and lips (cut off) that were fried in a pan?

You Americans are so niave..........

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »

Imagine being forced to eat your own ears and lips (cut off) that were fried in a pan?

'niave'?  one wrong doesnt make a right.  i care about humans more than animals but it doesnt mean we shoudl ignore easily preventable animal suffering 'grant'.  although when it comes to africans, i really dont care what they do to each other and its not as easily preventable.

btw, im curious, what have you SEEN in africa, with your own eyes, or are you talking about videos you;ve seen?

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 07:24:42 PM »

if the public knew ( which the info is out there ) and the "industry" beef, poultry what ev.... the way the animals are treated,,,, yes awful,,,,,but  now think about the companies and employees that will be left jobless, one day after peta gets their way and everyone is on the unemployment line... everyone, EVERYONE would be linin' up for blocks to cut a cows throat.... people commit worse acts on other people and usually people are kinder to animals so...... it's work and beats them, their wives, their kids  starving.
      people think the economy is bad now..... this is one of the best kept not a secret..... the economic effect would be worse than any recession imaginable.... the ramifications would be long lasting and far reaching...... so many jobs would be affected it wouldn't be funny....
could there be a kinder way to treat the animals, yeah sure..... would the other way(s) be as cost effective, no because companies would be employing those methods currently.  The bottom line speaks loudest at the end of the day.....  peta looks at it as cruelty,,, maybe but how cruel would it be to have guys that were laid off from those type of jobs and on the street looking to make ends meat....
go to korea where they eat the dog and take the legs off while the pet/food is alive on the counter, yelping..... at least the beef guys cut the throat.... ( messed up  I know but :) can't have it both ways in this country.... thats why the ignorence is bliss and shared by so many in this country.....  
With all that I'm still proud, even more so today than ever, I'm proud to be an American.  To live in the greatest country in this world is an honor and a privlege.
Made in USA.......   baby!  ;D

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »
if the public knew ( which the info is out there ) and the "industry" beef, poultry what ev.... the way the animals are treated,,,, yes awful,,,,,but  now think about the companies and employees that will be left jobless, one day after peta gets their way and everyone is on the unemployment line... everyone, EVERYONE would be linin' up for blocks to cut a cows throat.... people commit worse acts on other people and usually people are kinder to animals so...... it's work and beats them, their wives, their kids  starving.
      people think the economy is bad now..... this is one of the best kept not a secret..... the economic effect would be worse than any recession imaginable.... the ramifications would be long lasting and far reaching...... so many jobs would be affected it wouldn't be funny....
could there be a kinder way to treat the animals, yeah sure..... would the other way(s) be as cost effective, no because companies would be employing those methods currently.  The bottom line speaks loudest at the end of the day.....  peta looks at it as cruelty,,, maybe but how cruel would it be to have guys that were laid off from those type of jobs and on the street looking to make ends meat....
go to korea where they eat the dog and take the legs off while the pet/food is alive on the counter, yelping..... at least the beef guys cut the throat.... ( messed up  I know but :) can't have it both ways in this country.... thats why the ignorence is bliss and shared by so many in this country.....  
With all that I'm still proud, even more so today than ever, I'm proud to be an American.  To live in the greatest country in this world is an honor and a privlege.
i know what you're saying bro, i dont agree with stopping meat industry, but it is easily possible and not that difficult to kill the animals cheaply humanly and give them a relitivly humane life. the companies are just trying to squeeze out as much profit as possible, we just need to enforce regulation on slaughtering techniques, meat may go up 10-20cents a lb or something but the companies wont have to worry about other companies slaughtering cheaper cause all of the will have to do it humanely by law.  JMO, i'll eat meat regardless either way.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

Yes thank you Grant.  Americans (we / me) have / are given the privlage to be niave.  We are very fortunate.
How about in mexico (surely elsewhere), they take people on a "trip" walk them around back of the bus, shoot them, then have surgeons carve them up for organ donor $$$....  Other countries have messed up ways.  Yes we have our faults as a country but at least there are no "rebel" armies that go into towns rape, pillage, and do what ever else, like in africa where they torture people like you stated and probally much more....  
Again, this is the greatest country in the world.  No matter what.  You are a prime example too Grant...... nice to have made a living doing what you do..... great oppurtunity the USA offers..... surely you'd agree with that....    8)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »
i know what you're saying bro, i dont agree with stopping meat industry, but it is easily possible and not that difficult to kill the animals cheaply humanly and give them a relitivly humane life. the companies are just trying to squeeze out as much profit as possible, we just need to enforce regulation on slaughtering techniques, meat may go up 10-20cents a lb or something but the companies wont have to worry about other companies slaughtering cheaper cause all of the will have to do it humanely by law.  JMO, i'll eat meat regardless either way.
I agree with you..... 10 or 20 cents more to the consumer would be a fine price for piece of mind... and kharma..... just so much bs in the middle...
Tough too cause when the law / gov gets involved with business,,,, everyone except the gov loses.... the companies and the citizens / customers / us....
with all the needless  jobs that will be created to enforce the " humane laws" the taxpayer has to take up that bill, now your paying more for the food & more on taxes to pay the gov. employees to regulate..... so we, the consumers, lose all the way around.   

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
'niave'?  one wrong doesnt make a right.  i care about humans more than animals but it doesnt mean we should ignore easily preventable animal suffering 'grant'.  although when it comes to africans, i really dont care what they do to each other and its not as easily preventable.

You make a good point.  I actually have far more compassion for animals than humans.  Africans, despite their suffering, brought it all on on themselves... they vote their governments in and then wonder why there is so much brutal carnage.  We, the West, need to STOP helping them with food and aid.  Don't get me started.

btw, im curious, what have you SEEN in africa, with your own eyes, or are you talking about videos you've seen?

My friend.... "sarcastic" ....(see I use my real name and face on here) ... i was born there (Zimbabwe).  I lived there for 25 years before finding political excile here in the US.  I travelled all over Africa...  Kenya, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, Nambia, Botswana, Congo, and of course South Africa.  I have SEEN things a young boy should never see.

So yes, I stand by my statement... you Americans are generally very niave about world politics. Especially Africa.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »
Again, this is the greatest country in the world.  No matter what.  You are a prime example too Grant... nice to have made a living doing what you do..... great opportunity the USA offers..... surely you'd agree with that....  

I couldn't agree with you more!  I thank the Lord every day for the life I have today.  Seriously.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 08:06:57 PM »
You make a good point.  I actually have far more compassion for animals than humans.  Africans, despite their suffering, brought it all on on themselves... they vote their governments in and then wonder why there is so much brutal carnage.  We, the West, need to STOP helping them with food and aid.  Don't get me started.

My friend.... "sarcastic" ....(see I use my real name and face on here) ... i was born there (Zimbabwe).  I lived there for 25 years before finding political excile here in the US.  I travelled all over Africa...  Kenya, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, Nambia, Botswana, Congo, and of course South Africa.  I have SEEN things a young boy should never see.

So yes, I stand by my statement... you Americans are generally very niave about world politics. Especially Africa.

oh, so you lived there before apartheid ended/mugabe getting elected? cool. didnt zimbabwe have a different name beforeh then thoug? i cant think of it. i know when white people were running the show it was the 'breadbasket' of africa, but now i think hardly produces any food.  i agree americans are ignorant when it come to politics and outside world, we're a product of our environment like in most other countries. our media really dumbs you down & makes people very insular thinking & ignorant of the outside world. i think some of it is geographic also, the US is a huge country, 2nd largest in the world, far away from the majority of the world and only bordering 2 countries which i think contributes to lack of outward looking-ness.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 08:19:17 PM »

oh brother,  your panic scenario is based purely on fear and your trying to scare others as well.

You cannot stop evolution, and progress. Civilization only exists because of compassion. I dont see you griping that slave traders were put out of business, or millions of people were put out of work because of the computer....Do you want us to stop evolving.  

If the world moves toward more compassion to factory farmed animals it will happen slowly and it will improve society, it will be progress. It is fact that the most civilized nations that treat humans the best also have the best animal laws on the books, and strong animal welfare movements. We cannot go backwards.

It is also fact that if a child does not develop empathy/compassion for animals by the age of 10 or so, he will never evolve compassion for humans and will be a sociopath. Compassion for animals and humans goes hand in hand.

AlsoPETA today, is probably the most American thing around, they are a grassroots organization funded and run by citizens that protest and freely practce their right to freedom of speech to make social change, they are run by actual human beings, and they are not influenced by politicians or corporations.....Thats a rarity today. I think they are the last of the people power grassroots groups that used to be a great thing about this country...When is that last time you saw a protest in the streets of America.  Everyone is sold out. 

When people decide they want to take their country back from corporations and government dont be suprised if they have to look to PETA to remember how to do it like real Americans, with no corporate or political influence. 

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »

Grant just because a third world nation is doing something unspeakable the rest of the world should stop evolving? We cant stop progress because a third world nation refuses to catch up? Yes we should stop any cruelity to humans, it should be top priority,  but if we wait for all cultures to be civilized before we move on we will be waiting forever.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 08:26:34 PM »
oh, so you lived there before apartheid ended/mugabe getting elected? cool. didnt zimbabwe have a different name beforeh then thoug? i cant think of it. i know when white people were running the show it was the 'breadbasket' of africa, but now i think hardly produces any food.  i agree americans are ignorant when it come to politics and outside world, we're a product of our environment like in most other countries. our media really dumbs you down & makes people very insular thinking & ignorant of the outside world. i think some of it is geographic also, the US is a huge country, 2nd largest in the world, far away from the majority of the world and only bordering 2 countries which i think contributes to lack of outward looking-ness.

Yes... again you make good points.  Americans are too wrapped up in what is happening with from the East Coast to the West Coast ... Obama and Palin, etc.

Zimbabwe was called Rhodesia before ... and indeed the "bread basket of Africa". Today 5 million people stand to starve to death under Mugabe. Google Mugabe.

Check out this movie promo clip about Rhodesia that I hope to get a lead role in around Jan 2009:

http://www.theoutnumbered.com/view/639/21454/Concept-Promo-Video.html

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »

Sarcastic,  Go get a clue of what you are talking about before you run your mouth about things. The 'cutting their throats while they are alive' is NOT the way most of slaughtering is done. What you see there is done for Jewish Kosher butchering. You, and these PETA idiots, need to say what is really going on and not use the jew-kosher bullshit as a representation of the entire industry.

These dumbass PETA videos show a bunch of (fuucked-up, I agree) shit, but since I am actually connected to this industry, I can tell you first hand that what you are seeing is not endemic of the beef industry, it is 99% of the time problems with things like Mexican labor.

The big deal we had in So-Cal last year was NOT a problem with the packing house or industry methods, it was little more than a couple of mexicans acting macho and being brutal.

But hey, as with everything else in this country, we don't want to address the REAL causes... We just want to drive for something that makes us feel good and righteous.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »
hereford your spot on there.  This is not how your food is killed at all, im a qualified craft butcher and part of my training i spent weeks in a slaughter house. The 'beast' is bolted through the head and make braindead in a split second, then they are hung upside down so the blood goes to the head,  then the throat is cut (brain dead not feeling a thing) the heart is still pumping but the mind is dead.  It is incredibly humaine.  Religious meat is a different matter and the worst case senario is always what activists show you.

Lesson over

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »
Yes... again you make good points.  Americans are too wrapped up in what is happening with from the East Coast to the West Coast ... Obama and Palin, etc.

Zimbabwe was called Rhodesia before ... and indeed the "bread basket of Africa". Today 5 million people stand to starve to death under Mugabe. Google Mugabe.

Check out this movie promo clip about Rhodesia that I hope to get a lead role in around Jan 2009:

http://www.theoutnumbered.com/view/639/21454/Concept-Promo-Video.html

I agree with you
I have posted things on Zim and South Africa on the politcal forum and it is just ignored because it is not about Bush, Barak etc

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
And once again, what happened to Zimbabwe that destroyed their agricultural system?  ;)

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
And once again, what happened to Zimbabwe that destroyed their agricultural system?  ;)

Well, clearly you know the whole story ..... hence your "wink, wink".

But most of my American friends have no idea that Mugabe took over a flourishing economy in 1980 and through his arrogance and racism turned Zimbabwe into the biggest economic disaster on our planet.  Mugabe ran all the whites out of Zimbabwe and those that tried to stay were maimed or killed.  Do you know that I was born there, my parents were born there, and my grandparents were born there.  I'm a 3rd generation Zimbabwean!  My great granparents were missionaries from Scotland that arrived in 1890 and bought land from the locals with legal tender.

The thing that really confuses me is that the World will rant and rave about evils like apartheid in South Africa.... but then say nothing about cruel dictators like Idi Amin, Sese Seko or Robert Mugabe?  Why the double standards?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »
I really hope someday the world really takes an honest look at Zimbabwe and understands what happened there. That country went from one of the best in Africa to yet another black-goverened failure.

The government bascially functioned like the American democrat party. They took everything they could from the producers and gave it to the useless squatters. What happened because of it? The whole country became a third-world version of Detroit. Multi-culturalism in action.

There is not one nation in the world that is black run and truely successful. Not one.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »
Very accurate my friend.  And you cannot say this about any other ethnic group either.  Asian nations are generally a success and even India has pulled itself together.  Nordic natiosn have alwasy done fine.  Europe was strong .... but is currently letting WAY too many black Africans and Muslims in.

What really pisses me off is when these Liberals here still try to blame colonial settlers from generations ago for their woes.  Well then how do explain Somalia or Ethiopia?  Darfur?  Or Liberia? How about Haiti? They were never colonies of any nation?

You are right... not one successful black government on earth.  They are consumed by corruption and greed.  And the general population just starves.

As crazy as it may sound I know that if you ask any black living in Zimbabwe (and even South Africa) they will always tell you they were much better off under a white government.