Author Topic: Shares plummet on Asian markets  (Read 857 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Shares plummet on Asian markets
« on: October 15, 2008, 08:05:57 PM »
Asian stock markets plunge on fears of a global recession with Tokyo's Nikkei average down by about 10%.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Shares plummet on Asian markets
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
ouch, be careful, pedro will nail you for posting an update.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:55 PM »
As long as you don't start saying it's manipulation, I'll leave it.

In terms of impact, fear moves prices faster than greed. The downtrend that started last week went into exhaustion on Friday. a totally normal process. I also said that if there was no bad more news over the weekend that Monday would be an up day. It was indeed.

The retail trade numbers spooked people and down we went again. This is fairly normal with certain economic announcements but the scale of the swings is exaggerated right now.

I am sure claims that markets were manipulated on Friday are now put to bed considering what has happened since then.

Just look at Monday - when it went up - how many pundits were out calling this the market bottom ? Honestly - these news people are clueless.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
As long as you don't start saying it's manipulation,
did I say that?

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »
no - so don't start now  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 11:35:11 PM »
I meant did I before?

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »
I meant did I before?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 11:53:58 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:13:38 AM »
As long as you don't start saying it's manipulation, I'll leave it.

In terms of impact, fear moves prices faster than greed. The downtrend that started last week went into exhaustion on Friday. a totally normal process. I also said that if there was no bad more news over the weekend that Monday would be an up day. It was indeed.

The retail trade numbers spooked people and down we went again. This is fairly normal with certain economic announcements but the scale of the swings is exaggerated right now.

I am sure claims that markets were manipulated on Friday are now put to bed considering what has happened since then.

Just look at Monday - when it went up - how many pundits were out calling this the market bottom ? Honestly - these news people are clueless.

I didn't read the whole article you posted but does it suggest that there is no such thing as the Working Group on Financial Markets?

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:09:29 AM »
2 main things really

1 - by 'the market' - the news usually talks about the DOW. You can buy DOW futures, the first point is that no amount of buying DOW futures would move the DOW itself. Rather the DOW leads the futures & not vice-versa. Therefore to manipulate the market, you would have to buy the underlying stocks.

2 -  that the government would get it's ass handed to it on a plate if it tried to manipulate the market by stepping in and buying up stocks at one point in the day and selling out later in the day. Professional traders and Program Traders would ream them.

They'd be looking at billions in potential losses every time they tried to manipulate the market. The sums required are vast and the more the market needs to be manipulated, the more you'd need to spend to move it in the opposite direction.