Author Topic: Nasser vs. Mike (NOC 94).  (Read 4011 times)

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
Re: Nasser vs. Mike (NOC 94).
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 07:28:54 AM »
::)

;D

Why do you find that weird?  Mike was never a first tier bodybuilder.  Wasn't his highest Mr. O placing 7th?
What's wierd? he looks quite a bit thicker in a lot of poses but somehow smaller...was Nasser closer up in some of these pics.

First tier bodybuilders win the Arnol and not the O hunh, I Nasser wasnt top tier either :D

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 07:34:11 AM »
Dam Mike looks a little small next to Nasser, he looks thick but small next to Nasser...wierd.

I think these pictures are VERY misleading, if I remember correctly they are the same height or at most 1-2 inches apart, but Nasser looks like a full head taller here, so judging by them is hardly objective.

You need to be there, or at least post a video instead of some misleading pictures.

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »
I think these pictures are VERY misleading, if I remember correctly they are the same height or at most 1-2 inches apart, but Nasser looks like a full head taller here, so judging by them is hardly objective.

You need to be there, or at least post a video instead of some misleading pictures.

That's what I was getting at.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 07:45:27 AM »
What's wierd? he looks quite a bit thicker in a lot of poses but somehow smaller...was Nasser closer up in some of these pics.

First tier bodybuilders win the Arnol and not the O hunh, I Nasser wasnt top tier either :D

Not sure where he looks "thicker?"  Yes, Francois did win the Arnold which is the 2nd biggest show but at the Olympia he never cracked top 6.  By Nasser being "top tier" I mean he was top 3 at the O for 4 years, and top 6 for 6 years.

How tall is Francois? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 5'9".  Nasser is 5'11.5", so the scaling does not look biased for most pics.

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »
Not sure where he looks "thicker?"  Yes, Francois did win the Arnold which is the 2nd biggest show but at the Olympia he never cracked top 6.  By Nasser being "top tier" I mean he was top 3 at the O for 4 years, and top 6 for 6 years.
Relax I was just giving you a hard time, but Francois was a threat in the mid 90's just that he didnt "dial it in" a lot of the time. The Arnold winning Francois had an excelent phisique. And in the side chest Mike looks real thick.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:14 AM »

R u sure u r neutral in what u r saying???.. Hw come 2 call pics from the show while the 2 guys were standing beside each other misleading??.. Do u mean that the cameraman used a certain angel 2 make Nasser look taller or what??.. If u r right so the same cameraman must have taken the below photo also which shows bth guys at Mr. O. 1995.. Anyway Nasser was not only taller but also better..  In my opinion Mike won only coz he was the "WHIET" American dream to take the Olympia from Yates.. But Mike couldn't keep improving his physique to achieve this dream..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »
Francois was a 1st tier bber, due to his illness he wasnt able to fully contest for the O once he paid his dues.
He beat a very good but incomplete Nasser on that day, and Mike had a balanced physique.
He beat Sonbaty on the side-chest, rear lat spread, rear double bi. As we all know, back has been a very important bodypart for a long time, ask Yates, Ronnie and Haney.
From the front Nasser looked marginally better in certain poses, could've gone either way, but the judges gave it to the best bber that day.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »
Does any one feel that Mike really deserved to beat Nasser on that day??..
Everytime Nasser got beat...HE DESERVED IT !!  Everyone he beat...DIDN'T DESERVE TO GET BEAT BY HIM! Nasser sucks !! You..You're a phag...! Stop living in the past..All you do is post shit that could never be changed ..It happened ..Let it go!

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
Of course - every time nasser didn't win it must be because of racism.  ::)

I'm sure Joe Weider spent millions in flying nasser to the US and setting him up only to screw him over during competition....the conspiracies continue. Pretty imaginative there Chalabi.

Maybe they had a pre-9/11 racism test so they could go full bore after  the actual thing happened.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »
Of course - every time nasser didn't win it must be because of racism.  ::)

I'm sure Joe Weider spent millions in flying nasser to the US and setting him up only to screw him over during competition....the conspiracies continue. Pretty imaginative there Chalabi.

Maybe they had a pre-9/11 racism test so they could go full bore after  the actual thing happened.

You just smacked these guys around with logic & common sense it's a new experience for them

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
R u sure u r neutral in what u r saying???.. Hw come 2 call pics from the show while the 2 guys were standing beside each other misleading??.. Do u mean that the cameraman used a certain angel 2 make Nasser look taller or what??.. If u r right so the same cameraman must have taken the below photo also which shows bth guys at Mr. O. 1995.. Anyway Nasser was not only taller but also better..  In my opinion Mike won only coz he was the "WHIET" American dream to take the Olympia from Yates.. But Mike couldn't keep improving his physique to achieve this dream..

Wow you're truly pitiful.

1.The picture you posted was not in the original post, and here where the angle isn't that different Mike looks much better and doesn't look smaller.

2.It's not a conspiracy by the cameraman it's just that he was at an angle and maybe Nasser took a few steps closer to the judges while on stage and that caused these pictures to look like it.

BTW Mike was a VERY good competitor and you can notice that he is very thick all round and have a very dry back side, considering that unless you're a freak it's humanly impossible to have a leaner back than front I will have to come back to my original thoughts of misleading pictures.

And don't forget, Mike won against Flex (and other great names) in his prime years, one of the VERY few.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Even Flex mag had Nasser in 1st and Francois in 3rd!!!

Nasser easily

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Nasser definitely should have won that show
another eg of IFBB politics - giving the all american NPC boy the win over a non NPC competitor

the only pose where francois is edging Nasser is the BDB becos his back is drier and harder- but also in that pose francois is soft in the glutes and has no hamstrings whereas Nasser has ripped glutes and hamstrings

ALL other poses Nasser is easily dominating francois

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
Nas looked fantastic

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 09:26:16 PM »

Hey Robson- 1997 called and left a message for ya  -
 Fuck you and fuck nasser too.
1997 already fucked nasser
you may be next

:D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 09:29:09 PM »

Wow you're truly pitiful.

1.The picture you posted was not in the original post, and here where the angle isn't that different Mike looks much better and doesn't look smaller.

2.It's not a conspiracy by the cameraman it's just that he was at an angle and maybe Nasser took a few steps closer to the judges while on stage and that caused these pictures to look like it.

BTW Mike was a VERY good competitor and you can notice that he is very thick all round and have a very dry back side, considering that unless you're a freak it's humanly impossible to have a leaner back than front I will have to come back to my original thoughts of misleading pictures.

And don't forget, Mike won against Flex (and other great names) in his prime years, one of the VERY few.

- Sure I didn't include this pic. in the actual thread coz it's from Mr. O. 95 while the thread is abt the NOC 94!!!.. I posted it only after ur comment 2 show u tht Nasser was always taller.. Anyway being taller didn't give Nasser any thing over Mike coz Mike ws not a short guy after all..

- Sure Mike was a good bodybuilder but there were some weak points in his physique that always separated him from the top guys.. Yes he won the AC 95 and beat Flex Wheeler but don't forget Flex ws just back from the injuries of the car accident of 1994.. In 3rd and 4th places came average good bodybuilders (Charles Clairmont & Andreas Munzer) then in the 5th place came a finished Lee Labrada competing at his last show!!.. So there was no real threats against Mike..

- After Mr. Olympia 96 Mike who placed 10th or 11th described the top 6 guys as "great champions".. Also at the AC 97 Mike came after Flex and Nasser and he ws happy with this place..