Author Topic: The Famous 25-inch Cannons  (Read 6485 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
The Famous 25-inch Cannons
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »
 :-X

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: The Famous 25-inch Cannons
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »
This nincompoop brought Synthol to America. He must die.
a

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
I doubt Hoberl had synthol in his arms
He was a strongman not a bodybuilder

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »
He is a God ..look at those guns! You all have ballerina arms compared to him.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 07:07:06 AM »
Gayer than Dave Henry making a "serious training" face.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 07:35:02 AM »
IMO he did site-inject oil, what, I dont know, he came on the scene round bout the time Chris Clark started Pump n Pose. I believe he injected to stretch the fascia of the muscle thereby enabling growth ala many current bbers, not stupid aimless injecting ala Doring or Valentino.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 08:11:06 AM »
IMO he did site-inject oil, what, I dont know, he came on the scene round bout the time Chris Clark started Pump n Pose. I believe he injected to stretch the fascia of the muscle thereby enabling growth ala many current bbers, not stupid aimless injecting ala Doring or Valentino.

Ok, to inject to just "stretch the fascia"  he would have to inject an area between the muscle and the facia.  And how thick is the fascia?  No one is that precise.  It's all "stupid aimless injecting."

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 08:31:33 AM »
Ok, to inject to just "stretch the fascia"  he would have to inject an area between the muscle and the facia.  And how thick is the fascia?  No one is that precise.  It's all "stupid aimless injecting."

Its injecting into the muscle looking for the long-term stretching of the fascia as opposed to short-term muscle gains. Smaller amounts deeper into the belly over a prolonged period of time as opposed to larger amounts to create what is visibly lumps of oil.
Similar to esiclene use. Bbers such as Flex, Levrone, Darrem Charles are examples of what can be achieved through intellegent use.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »
at least it looked like muscles.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
Its injecting into the muscle looking for the long-term stretching of the fascia as opposed to short-term muscle gains. Smaller amounts deeper into the belly over a prolonged period of time as opposed to larger amounts to create what is visibly lumps of oil.
Similar to esiclene use. Bbers such as Flex, Levrone, Darrem Charles are examples of what can be achieved through intellegent use.

You used Flex and the word "intelligent" in the same sentence. That can't be done.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »
You used Flex and the word "intelligent" in the same sentence. That can't be done.

My bad :-[

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »

No such thing as "intelligent use" of synthol or esc.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »
No such thing as "intelligent use" of synthol or esc.

I agree. Then, substitute "Intellegent" with "sensible", or "not as dumb".

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
This nincompoop brought Synthol to America. He must die.

Gayer than the word "nincompoop"...is that seriously how you spell it? I don't think i've ever seen it in writing!!! HA! HA! HA!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 10:04:07 AM »
If it was natural you would expect his forearms to be proportionally large as well.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »
Manfred was a top contender for the WSM, and came a close second to Magnusson once, so those arms were functional, the forearms were not proportionate, because the upper arms were not ""natural"". But it sure worked out for him, publicity wise, didn't it?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »
:-X

So what? Greg Kovacs had 28" arms with still clearly visible separation between biceps, triceps and brachialis. No synthol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »
  So what? Greg Kovacs had 28" arms with still clearly visible separation between biceps, triceps and brachialis. No synthol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Where is that number from? I've seen 25" before never 28" and his arms never looked huge I didn't buy the 25" nevermind 28"

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 02:23:13 PM »
Where is that number from? I've seen 25" before never 28" and his arms never looked huge I didn't buy the 25" nevermind 28"

It's from a MuscleMag article back from 2001. If you want a scan of the exact quote and also the page number and issue where the quote was written, then I don't have it. And I never said Kovacs competed with 28" arms; I said he had still good separations between his arm bellies at that weight. His arms in contest shape were obviously smaller.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:25:21 PM »
  It's from a MuscleMag article back from 2001. If you want a scan of the exact quote and also the page number and issue where the quote was written, then I don't have it. And I never said Kovacs competed with 28" arms; I said he had still good separations between his arm bellies at that weight. His arms in contest shape were obviously smaller.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Oh I see I have the Flex issue with him in it and I think maybe the Musclemag I know his lifts were insane but most of them were Smith Machine

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
Oh I see I have the Flex issue with him in it and I think maybe the Musclemag I know his lifts were insane but most of them were Smith Machine

I don't think they were all machine lifts. I have actually seen it mentioned that he did 6 reps on the front military barbell press with 450 lbs, as well as 4 reps with 300 lbs dumbbells on the flat dumbbell bench press. The guy hs terrible bodybuilding genetics, but he was an uber freak when it comes to strengh&size genetics.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »
  I don't think they were all machine lifts. I have actually seen it mentioned that he did 6 reps on the front military barbell press with 450 lbs, as well as 4 reps with 300 lbs dumbbells on the flat dumbbell bench press. The guy hs terrible bodybuilding genetics, but he was an uber freak when it comes to strengh&size genetics.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

He looked good when he was younger

chocolate fizz

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »

get back on your scales, you chubby calfed, fat lad.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »

Ya, he looked decent, but never great. Kovacs is too mesomorphic in structure to be a great bodybuilder. His genetics for size&strengh is ridiculous, but his genetics for bodybuilding leaves a lot to be desired. His hips are too wide, his torso too long, his clavilces although super-wide are relatively narrow for his pelvis and his joints are hinormous, which makes his muscles look unimpressive and smaller then they really are even when he was over 400 lbs.

SUCKMYMUSCLE