Author Topic: Intelligence Official: Obama Would Endanger Us  (Read 1007 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Intelligence Official: Obama Would Endanger Us
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »

Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:44 AM

By: Ronald Kessler 

If Barack Obama wins the presidency, he will endanger the country by making us more vulnerable to terrorist attacks, the vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence tells Newsmax.

Obama “would so weaken our security forces that I personally believe that we would be in much greater danger of terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad,” says Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo. “I’m very much concerned, because he’s shown weak judgment throughout his career. Throughout his campaign he has taken one position after another that just doesn’t make sense in fighting the war on terror.”

Obama voted twice in favor of requiring warrants to intercept communications of foreign terrorists situated overseas, including Osama bin Laden, Bond says.

“He voted for all of the amendments to weaken the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act bill and fought to strip it of its power,” Bond says. “Only at the 11th hour when he saw the tide was turning, did he vote for” the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Obama’s comment that the way to fight the war on terror is with prosecutions, the way the first World Trade Center bombing was addressed, shows how out of touch Obama is, Bond says.

“That’s really great,” Bond says. “Prosecuting somebody who’s blown themselves to pieces. You’re lucky to find enough of them to identify them by DNA. They’re really going to fear prosecution.”

Because of President Bush’s policies, “We are much safer than before 9/11 and have avoided another terrorist attack,” Bond says. “That strategy has carried the war to the terrorists where they are. We’ve rolled back al-Qaida a long way. But Obama’s initial position a couple of years ago that the war is lost, let’s get out, would have turned the country over to al-Qaida.”

Obama’s recent claims that, if he knew where bin Laden was, he would strike him in Pakistan without permission of that country shows how little understanding he has of the war on terror, Bond says.

“That’s the policy now,” Bond says. “We do continually kill terrorists in Pakistan with the Predator, and we advise Pakistan. We don’t seek their permission. At one point, he said we’ll just go bomb Pakistan. Apparently he doesn’t realize that Pakistan, while certainly a mixed bag, is a nuclear-equipped Muslim territory which could, with any precipitous action, turn into an enemy. They control our most important supply routes into Afghanistan, and he would ignore that. He doesn’t realize how dangerous it would be to destabilize Pakistan and allow their radical fringes to take over.”

Obama showed the same lack of understanding about Russia’s invasion of Georgia, Bond says.

“He called on Georgia to show restraint, and it took him about three times to get around to John McCain’s general position condemning Russia,” Bond says. “Then his solution was to call on the U.N. Security Council. Do we want the commander in chief to pass the mantle of U.S. leadership to the U.N.? And do we want one who apparently does not know that Russia has a veto power in the Security Council?”

Obama’s statement that he would sit down with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to negotiate without preconditions demonstrates naiveté, Bond says.

In sum, “He dismisses the threat, rewards enemies with summit meetings, abandons allies, and then refuses to support trade agreements with vital allies like Colombia, who are fighting off the narco-terrorists,” Bond says.

http://www.guy/2008/10/16/141080.html

marcus

• Getbig IV
Re: Intelligence Official: Obama Would Endanger Us
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »
We'll be even more safe without our nuclear weapons. Once we get rid of ours the terrorists will follow!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »
We'll be even more safe without our nuclear weapons. Once we get rid of ours the terrorists will follow!

lol

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »
LOL

fear mongering from intelligence agencies. LOL what a joke. Even worse it comes from newsmax a rightwing news organization.

if the intelligence agencies do their jobs correctly there should be no worries.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:20:10 PM »
I'm dizzy from all of the spin...

Why can't all of the people posting these threads (For or Against Obama) agree to stop posting articles which obviously twist facts and spin situations to suit their purpose? It would make things a lot easier.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:57 PM »

If Barack Obama wins the presidency, he will endanger the country by making us more vulnerable to terrorist attacks, the vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence tells Newsmax.

wow

what a stupid and reckless statement

this guy must really hate America

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »

Obama “would so weaken our security forces that I personally believe that we would be in much greater danger of terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad,” says Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo. “I’m very much concerned, because he’s shown weak judgment throughout his career. Throughout his campaign he has taken one position after another that just doesn’t make sense in fighting the war on terror.”

Obama voted twice in favor of requiring warrants to intercept communications of foreign terrorists situated overseas, including Osama bin Laden, Bond says.

“He voted for all of the amendments to weaken the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act bill and fought to strip it of its power,” Bond says. “Only at the 11th hour when he saw the tide was turning, did he vote for” the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Obama’s comment that the way to fight the war on terror is with prosecutions, the way the first World Trade Center bombing was addressed, shows how out of touch Obama is, Bond says.

“That’s really great,” Bond says. “Prosecuting somebody who’s blown themselves to pieces. You’re lucky to find enough of them to identify them by DNA. They’re really going to fear prosecution.”

Because of President Bush’s policies, “We are much safer than before 9/11 and have avoided another terrorist attack,” Bond says. “That strategy has carried the war to the terrorists where they are. We’ve rolled back al-Qaida a long way. But Obama’s initial position a couple of years ago that the war is lost, let’s get out, would have turned the country over to al-Qaida.”

Obama’s recent claims that, if he knew where bin Laden was, he would strike him in Pakistan without permission of that country shows how little understanding he has of the war on terror, Bond says.

“That’s the policy now,” Bond says. “We do continually kill terrorists in Pakistan with the Predator, and we advise Pakistan. We don’t seek their permission. At one point, he said we’ll just go bomb Pakistan. Apparently he doesn’t realize that Pakistan, while certainly a mixed bag, is a nuclear-equipped Muslim territory which could, with any precipitous action, turn into an enemy. They control our most important supply routes into Afghanistan, and he would ignore that. He doesn’t realize how dangerous it would be to destabilize Pakistan and allow their radical fringes to take over.”

Obama showed the same lack of understanding about Russia’s invasion of Georgia, Bond says.

“He called on Georgia to show restraint, and it took him about three times to get around to John McCain’s general position condemning Russia,” Bond says. “Then his solution was to call on the U.N. Security Council. Do we want the commander in chief to pass the mantle of U.S. leadership to the U.N.? And do we want one who apparently does not know that Russia has a veto power in the Security Council?”

Obama’s statement that he would sit down with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to negotiate without preconditions demonstrates naiveté, Bond says.

In sum, “He dismisses the threat, rewards enemies with summit meetings, abandons allies, and then refuses to support trade agreements with vital allies like Colombia, who are fighting off the narco-terrorists,” Bond says.

This is so Unitelligent.
Since 9/11 It hasn't been the question of "how"
It has been the question of "When:"

Look at how long it took between the first towers attack to the second....

The terrorists have no concept of time.....
Just when is the right time to strike.
Doesn't matter who is in the white house  when the enemy wants to blow
they blow.

Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »
LOL

fear mongering from intelligence agencies. LOL what a joke. Even worse it comes from newsmax a rightwing news organization.

if the intelligence agencies do their jobs correctly there should be no worries.

It comes from Senator Bond: 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »

I know who said it.

I'll repeat

wow

what a stupid and reckless statement

this guy must really hate America

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 10:14:20 PM »

where does he get his intelligence from?

Politicized intelligence officials shouldn't be talking about things like this. But they do, this is how demented things are and people defend it.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 11:02:48 PM »
where does he get his intelligence from?

Politicized intelligence officials shouldn't be talking about things like this. But they do, this is how demented things are and people defend it.  ::)

He's not talking about intelligence.  He's talking about Obama's judgment. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 11:15:11 PM »
what difference does it make? His commentary is still tainted.

he shouldn't be commenting on this.

obvious bias being a R and coming from newsmax

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:01:46 AM »
  These scare tactics might've worked in 2004, but not this time around.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 07:06:22 AM »
so an "intelligence official" thinks Obama has bad judgement?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHH

Is he from the same group that judge Iraq to have WMD's?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 08:56:27 AM »
what difference does it make? His commentary is still tainted.

he shouldn't be commenting on this.

obvious bias being a R and coming from newsmax

The difference is you said this was a comment from Newsmax when it's actually a comment from Senator Bond.  Then you said he was relying on intelligence when he was actually talking about Obama's judgment. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
you're being thick.

sometimes it's a lost cause with you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
you're being thick.

sometimes it's a lost cause with you.

I'm actually just pointing out your misstatements.  You can actually make a point without twisting the facts.  Not that hard.