Author Topic: Fox News Hires Glenn Beck Away From CNN  (Read 1379 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Fox News Hires Glenn Beck Away From CNN
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 12:10:20 PM »
Heck - I've even started liking George Will again and I believe Chris Buckley recently announced that he was voting for a Dem for the first time in his life

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 12:11:27 PM »
Is Beck a republican or a democrat?

Beck is smart in the angle he is Playing.  He knows we already have a Rush limbaugh, and Sean Hannity, so he uses a bit of misdirection to prevent himself from being thrown into exactly the same camp.

He likes to pay lip service to true constitutional principles, founding fathers, and a Free Market economy, but has yet to prove he has read original sources, and do anything besides parrot the words.

When he talks about the Constitution, founding fathers, and Capitalism, I'm willing to bet he knows very little about what is actually in the Constitution, couldn't even name all of the "the founding fathers" and has never studied Adam Smith.

He loves to use the catchy words and phrases, but knows nothing of the substance those words represent.  All you have to do is read the original sources and its very easy to tell who has studied it, and who is merely paying lip service to topics they have never studied.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
Beck is smart in the angle he is Playing.  He knows we already have a Rush limbaugh, and Sean Hannity, so he uses a bit of misdirection to prevent himself from being thrown into exactly the same camp.

He likes to pay lip service to true constitutional principles, founding fathers, and a Free Market economy, but has yet to prove he has read original sources, and do anything besides parrot the words.

When he talks about the Constitution, founding fathers, and Capitalism, I'm willing to bet he knows very little about what is actually in the Constitution, couldn't even name all of the "the founding fathers" and has never studied Adam Smith.

He loves to use the catchy words and phrases, but knows nothing of the substance those words represent.  All you have to do is read the original sources and its very easy to tell who has studied it, and who is merely paying lip service to topics they have never studied.

That's something I respect about you.  You recognize who is polluting our national discourse and who is not.  We may not agree all the time but I've never questioned your fidelity to honorable scholarship.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »
Heck - I've even started liking George Will again and I believe Chris Buckley recently announced that he was voting for a Dem for the first time in his life
I guess you have to work with what's out there.  I mean what's the alternative?  Coulter, Malkin, Hannity, Limbaugh...they're sideshows with zero credibility among thinking people.

Have you read George Will's, The Breaking Wind?

It's a compilation of his articles. 

I'm sorry, that's The Leveling Wind.