Author Topic: Venezuela detains 6 in anti-Chavez student's death  (Read 914 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Venezuela detains 6 in anti-Chavez student's death
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:44:07 AM »
Thu Oct 16, 2008

CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela says six people, including three army intelligence officials and a police officer, have been detained in the killing of an opposition student leader.

Justice Minister Tarek Al Aissami says two civilians were detained along with the intelligence employees and officer, who had been suspended from Venezuela's scientific and investigative police for disciplinary reasons.

Al Aissami said Thursday the presumed murder weapon was recovered, and that authorities were investigating two additional suspects.

University of Zulia student Julio Soto died Oct. 1 when his vehicle was sprayed with gunfire.

Soto helped organize protests against constitutional amendments proposed by President Hugo Chavez last year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081017/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_venezuela_student_killed

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Venezuela detains 6 in anti-Chavez student's death
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 01:54:52 AM »
interesting, do you have more info not posted?  what's the community scuttlebutt?

older news:
In addition, Soto had three million bolivars ($1.4 million) in his bank account at the time of his death, and had received a deposit of 200,000 bolivars ($93,000) in the weeks before his death, CICPC investigators said.

Moreover, on his personal blog, Soto had written that he received death threats a week before his murder, a fact confirmed by his fellow student leaders.

The blog also showed Soto's ties to two opposition parties, COPEI and Un Nuevo Tiempo, which have been in conflict over party candidates and political agendas for the upcoming regional and local elections.
http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news/3857

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:11:47 AM »
interesting, do you have more info not posted?  what's the community scuttlebutt?

older news:
In addition, Soto had three million bolivars ($1.4 million) in his bank account at the time of his death, and had received a deposit of 200,000 bolivars ($93,000) in the weeks before his death, CICPC investigators said.

Moreover, on his personal blog, Soto had written that he received death threats a week before his murder, a fact confirmed by his fellow student leaders.

The blog also showed Soto's ties to two opposition parties, COPEI and Un Nuevo Tiempo, which have been in conflict over party candidates and political agendas for the upcoming regional and local elections.
http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news/3857

I don't live in Caracas or Zulia, and I did not know Soto.  Most of us rely on the news and on what's posted just as much as you do.   I could post more stuff, but it's in Español.  What's the difference anyway?  This has been the pattern with Venezuelan dictators, you oppose them, you die.  Anybody who openly opposes Chavez in Venezuela is very brave.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:45:39 AM »
I don't live in Caracas or Zulia, and I did not know Soto.  Most of us rely on the news and on what's posted just as much as you do.   I could post more stuff, but it's in Español.  What's the difference anyway?  This has been the pattern with Venezuelan dictators, you oppose them, you die.  Anybody who openly opposes Chavez in Venezuela is very brave.
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything.  So this story isn't important, just part of a patern... fill me in on what you guys are talking about.  The people you associate with.  your community...

Spanish is fine if you have something you want to post.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:42:42 AM »
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything.  So this story isn't important, just part of a patern... fill me in on what you guys are talking about.  The people you associate with.  your community...

Spanish is fine if you have something you want to post.

What makes you think this event isn't important?    ::) 

Of course it is very important, and yes it is the Venezuelan dictator pattern:  You oppose the dictator, you die.  We see this as only the beginning of more violence against the opposition, to intimidate and to suppress them.

So what's the purpose of your post above?  This was a student, not a criminal, not a soldier.  He was murdered by people connected to the government, just because he helped organize protests against constitutional changes by Chavez.  And you justify it posting that he had a lot of money and was associated with the opposition party.  So that makes it okay to murder an innocent student to you?  To you, anything Chavez does, no matter what, is justified.  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »
What makes you think this event isn't important?    ::) 

WTF, calm down, I thought that's what you were saying when you said it was JUST part of the pattern.  I don't have a purpose at this point, I wanted to get your take and what is being said in your circles...  What's with the open hostility, right off the bat; can we wait until the basics are figured out before tossing bombs?  thanks LOCO...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 06:53:19 AM »
WTF, calm down, I thought that's what you were saying when you said it was JUST part of the pattern.  I don't have a purpose at this point, I wanted to get your take and what is being said in your circles...  What's with the open hostility, right off the bat; can we wait until get the basics are figured out before tossing bombs?  thanks LOCO...

Okay Hugo!   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 06:56:26 AM »
Okay Hugo!   :)
I'm still curious what the inside scuttlebutt is.  Tell me what you and your bros down there are thinking.  the more detailed the better for me.