Author Topic: 240 is Back-Obama and 2nd Amendment record-please read (I know you're a gun guy)  (Read 1849 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
 ::)

Guns won`t save a tanking economy.

Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws
Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
the NWO can not implement martial law in america effectively untill guns are made illegal.

its only a matter of time before it is done.

that will be the beginning of the end.

also why have america built concentration camps all over america ? hmmmm it all makes sense now.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/camps.htm

:o
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok
Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

Source: 2008 Politico pre-Potomac Primary interview Feb 11, 2008

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Him and Biden two assholes when it comes to the 2A
They follow the Constitution strictly.

I can`t name a single President that has not.  Besides, its a Supreme Court decision that would take a Constitutional ammendment to ban guns.  That is not going to happen.

Its a joke of an issue.  Its not even an issue.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
i thought the police was there to protect peoples family's.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing
Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?

A: I don't think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You've got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you've got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
They follow the Constitution strictly.

I can`t name a single President that has not.  Besides, its a Supreme Court decision that would take a Constitutional ammendment to ban guns.  That is not going to happen.

Its a joke of an issue.  Its not even an issue.

bush - he has effectively changed parts of the constitution to allow him to do whatever he likes
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
bush - he has effectively changed parts of the constitution to allow him to do whatever he likes
I was referring to Guns.....
No he hasn`t.  He didn`t change or ammend anything.

What he did do is expand the Executive power through the usage of Implied Power.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
patriot act.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
I was referring to Guns.....
No he hasn`t.  He didn`t change or ammend anything.

What he did do is expand the Executive power through the usage of Implied Power.

which means he can effectively ignore the constitution and do whatever he likes - something that the constitution was created to avoid.
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
which means he can effectively ignore the constitution and do whatever he likes - something that the constitution was created to avoid.
Wrong.  He has not violated the Constitution yet.  I am no fan of Bush, but he has not violated the Constitution and has operated within his legal means.

Signing statements have been used by just about every president.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
what about the patriot act.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
patriot act.
The Patriot Act was voted on and approved by Congress and parts of it fall under WarTime Powers Act.

Although abhorrent, it is totally legal and within the legal bounds.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
The Alien and Sedition acts were awful as well.  Totally Constitutional though.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
::)

Guns won`t save a tanking economy.

And either will Obama, but that gun sure could come in handy if things go from bad to worse. I will say this, if Obama gets elected, he will be too busy with things like the economy and Iraq to be focused on taking people's guns away, but that don't mean I want him in office either!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Also,  Lincoln had probably the most Brilliant idea to justify expanding Executive Power.

The Inaugural Oath of Office. 

An Oath Sworn to protect and defend the Union should it be threatened.  Using this oath as legal grounds to expand any power when the Union is threatened is justifiably legal and Constitutional.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets.

Which only shows he's talking out both sides of his mouth and is either ignoring the facts, or has not looked. DC never got illegal guns off the streets, as no gun ban ever does. Crime went up after the ban was put in place, and crime has gone down in EVERY community in which Right To Carry laws were passed. Ergo, you don't support a ban that has only the effect of increasing crime and or not lowering it, and is Unconstitutional as SCOTUS concluded. If you actually know the facts, you also know Obama is talking out both sides of his mouth at best, and out his ass at worst, when it comes to guns/2A issues.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
            Throughout his presidency, Lincoln places great importance on the Constitution as the instrument of our success. He always strives to insure that all his actions as president are within the bounds specified for the president and the federal government by the Constitution. In his Fourth of July Message to Congress in 1861, he painstakingly justifies himself in suspending habeas corpus by noting that such power is given is case of "invasion or rebellion."

Even though the power is given in Article I, the article dealing with the legislative branch, he reasons that since it may be used in time of invasion or rebellion, it was not intended that it should lay idle, waiting for Congress, while the invasion or rebellion succeeds. If it were, there would be no reason to have the power, for it would be useless. He uses his power as commander-in-chief to legitimize his raising of 75,000 troops to quell the insurrection.

His oath of office becomes his justification for his attempts to suppress the rebellion on more than one occasion. He tells the nation is his First Inaugural Address that he "shall have the most solemn (oath, registered in Heaven), to preserve, protect and defend" the Constitution. 30 The Emancipation Proclamation is based purely in the powers given to the President as commander-in-chief, hence its limited nature. Finally, he realized the importance of the constitutional forms. If the election of 1864 had been postponed, it could have been taken as a sign that the President has unlimited powers in times of crisis, and that ours is a government that cannot function normally in such times.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
Wrong.  He has not violated the Constitution yet.  I am no fan of Bush, but he has not violated the Constitution and has operated within his legal means.

Signing statements have been used by just about every president.

so as long as he creates another amendment or law to bypass the constitution its ok in your eyes  ::)

with logic like that its no wonder america is going down the shitter.
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Which only shows he's talking out both sides of his mouth and is either ignoring the facts, or has not looked. DC never got illegal guns off the streets, as no gun ban ever does. Crime went up after the ban was put in place, and crime has gone down in EVERY community in which Right To Carry laws were passed. Ergo, you don't support a ban that has only the effect of increasing crime and or not lowering it, and is Unconstitutional as SCOTUS concluded. If you actually know the facts, you also know Obama is talking out both sides of his mouth at best, and out his ass at worst, when it comes to guns/2A issues.
Senator Obama knows the issue backwards and forwards.  He taught Constitutional Law for 12 years as professor at the University of Chicago.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
so as long as he creates another amendment or law to bypass the constitution its ok in your eyes  ::)

with logic like that its no wonder america is going down the shitter.
HE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO AMMEND The Constitution!!!!!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
HE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO AMMEND The Constitution!!!!!

then how can get away with doing whatever he likes  ???

either way he is ignoring the constitution - something that should not ever have been done.
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
then how can get away with doing whatever he likes  ???

either way he is ignoring the constitution - something that should not ever have been done.
He doesn`t do what he likes.  I can`t name one thing Bush has done that is not within the legal bounds of the Constitution.

I am no fan of Bush, but he has followed the Constitution.