Author Topic: Obama will win and maybe by a landslide.  (Read 1115 times)

The Coach

Obama will win and maybe by a landslide.
« on: October 19, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
That being said and I'm being serious. I'm going to tell you something that only one person knows on here. Obama essentially bought this election. Now I know this has been reported and in fact there's an article on the Fox website about it.

My wife's cousins husband is a pretty prominant republican strategist and has been serving for McCain and formerly with Bush. For the last two days he's been here and will be here all week. The topics we talk about.....politics. McCain signed an agreement saying that his campaign wouldn't accept public contributions after the RNC, Obama supposedly agreed to do the same, but right after McCain signed saying he wouldn't.....Obama went back on his word (he said he wouldn"t accept public contributions) right after McCain signed and right after the DNC, started almost immediately with fundraisers. If you had noticed, McCain had done no fund raisers since the RNC and has only about $85mil to work with. Obama however because of his dishonesty has raised almost $500-600mil in public campaign financing leaving McCains hands tied about accepting contributions.

Now, this was a personal conversation at dinner and today at lunch between him, me, his wife and my wife. I straight out asked him if the things about Obama were true (Ayres, Rev. Wright, Rezko, etc) while he said that he doesn't think that Obama is a terrorist, he does think if Obama does get elected, we're going to have some serious problems. During the last debate, legit fact finders found that about 60% of what Obama was refuting MCain about were in essence, lies. Obama also in ONE month spent over $43mil in negative ads about McCain.

There's more but there is just too much to write at this moment. But I'm telling you, this guy (Obama) is dirty in almost the worst way. I know I'm going to get flammed from the libs on here, but who cares. This is straight damn near from the horses mouth.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Obama has also baught the media. He has them his back pocket. He baught up all the major time slots in all the major networks for the next two weeks that would make it damn near impossible for McCain to even buy a slot if he had the money.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama will win and maybe by a landslide.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 05:52:12 PM »
Will you move from the LA area then?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »
That being said and I'm being serious. I'm going to tell you something that only one person knows on here. Obama essentially bought this election. Now I know this has been reported and in fact there's an article on the Fox website about it.

::)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »
It also doesn't help that most of the media is full of libtards anyway. If there's one good thing that could come from an Obama presidency messing up the country is that in 8 years we could nominate a minority candidate to promote "hope and change." Piyush "Bobby" Jindal but at least he has experience.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »
Fox news is reporting that Obama bought the election?   Imagine that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »
Fox news is reporting that Obama bought the election?   Imagine that.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »
He's delaying the start of the World Series with his self important bullshit, that should DQ him just for that.
L

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »
Fox news is reporting that Obama bought the election?   Imagine that.

No, thats not what they said. Thats what I was told. If you have a candidate that is out spending his opponent almost 4-1 what would you call it?

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 06:31:09 PM »
Racism.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »

My wife's cousins husband is a pretty prominant republican strategist

ah....ok, I'll play along

you say Obama bought the election

Who sold it to him?

How does this person or group which you will name have ownership of our democracy?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »
Obammers got 150 million in voluntary public donations last month.  Voluntary people sent it in.

Mccain used $85 million of - GASP- taxpayer money to pay for his campaign.  PLus the RNC had half a BILLION bucks, and they've been spending a lot of it on anti-Obama ads.

Mccain is spending taxpayer $, Obama is not.

Joe, your equation doesn't talk about the RNC, which was WAY richer than the DNC.  Yes, the RNC is spending a shitload on anti-oBama ads.

Oh, and Palin held a high-end fundraiser in Naples about 2 weeks ago, made a few hundred thou with a $25k per plate dinner.  Are you SURE Mccain hasn't done any fundraising since the RNC ;)  They do it in every town - all the $ goes to the RNC who uses it on anti-obama ads.  

Polska_Sensation

• Getbig II
  • Only bitch do dumble kick backs
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
Joe is accurate, whether you want to believe him or not. Barrack did a similar thing when he was running for a government position in Chicago or Illinois, I don't remember what he was running for but I do remember he beat out some long serving female by registering a massive amount of poor, uneducated people to vote for him. These poor people had no clue who or what they were voting for, dirty politics similar to what's going on with ACORN>.

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
Obammers got 150 million in voluntary public donations last month.  Voluntary people sent it in.

Mccain used $85 million of - GASP- taxpayer money to pay for his campaign.  PLus the RNC had half a BILLION bucks, and they've been spending a lot of it on anti-Obama ads.

Joe, your equation doesn't talk about the RNC, which was WAY richer than the DNC.  Yes, the RNC is spending a shitload on anti-oBama ads.

Oh, and Palin held a high-end fundraiser in Naples about 2 weeks ago, made a few hundred thou with a $25k per plate dinner.  Are you SURE Mccain hasn't done any fundraising since the RNC ;)  They do it in every town - all the $ goes to the RNC who uses it on anti-obama ads.  

Ok, Rob. Mark my words.

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »

Rob, I sent you my cousin-in laws bio. He has no reason to lie. (this guys couldn't lie if his life depended on it)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »
Ok, Rob. Mark my words.

Obama is leading in the polls because the economy is in the tank.

Some folks think it's because he's advertising more, some think it's because so many ppl in the republican party don't think palin's competent.

If the economy was AWESOME right now, Mccain would be up by 5 or 8 points, not Obama.

I already voted, and I voted 3rd party for the hopes that in 2012 or 2016, there is federal funding for these groups and we break up this 2 party monopoly.  

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
Obama is leading in the polls because the economy is in the tank.

Some folks think it's because he's advertising more, some think it's because so many ppl in the republican party don't think palin's competent.

If the economy was AWESOME right now, Mccain would be up by 5 or 8 points, not Obama.

I already voted, and I voted 3rd party for the hopes that in 2012 or 2016, there is federal funding for these groups and we break up this 2 party monopoly.  

Even with Obama out spending McCain 4-1, it's still relatively close. If McCain hadn't have been so honest by keeping his word, MCain would be killing Obama right now. I've said this before. There isn't one sane person that can say McCains plans for the economy were not better than Obamas. This idiot wants to raise taxes in this economy. WTF?

Now, since no one on here is an economist and even some of the best can't really figure out either's plan, but off the top of my head it doesn't even remotely make sense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »
If McCain hadn't have been so honest by keeping his word, MCain would be killing Obama right now.

Do you think Mccain would have been able to earn $150,000,000 in September, as Obama did?

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »
Do you think Mccain would have been able to earn $150,000,000 in September, as Obama did?

We'll never know.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 04:25:26 AM »
No, thats not what they said. Thats what I was told. If you have a candidate that is out spending his opponent almost 4-1 what would you call it?

I would say they obviously have more support from the electorate, have far more donors, ran a better campaign, are more appealing to people hence drew in record donations to be able to fund it etc. List is endless.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 06:19:23 AM »
I would say they obviously have more support from the electorate, have far more donors, ran a better campaign, are more appealing to people hence drew in record donations to be able to fund it etc. List is endless.

Or not, I'm guessing that if Hussein gets into to office the investigations will flood him somewhere around Feb with crashing proofs, by then it will be too late  :-\

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 06:52:57 AM »
On MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Obama adviser Robert Gibbs defended Obama's decision to forego public campaign financing, saying "it wouldn't be fair to tie our hands" amid "scurrilous" GOP and 527 attacks. Stressed that much of the campaign's huge fundraising take came in small amounts, said "it's campaign finance reform happening each and every day."
!

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 06:52:57 AM »
This idiot wants to raise taxes in this economy. WTF? 

With any candidate where do you think this bailout money is coming from? Taxes are going up regardless...
Getbig =Reality Show

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 06:56:46 AM »

I'd say Obama has more supporters with money that McCain would have.  Which tells me wealthy and middle and poor want him in the white more than McCain.

McCain couldn't hope to raise the as much money for his campaign and opted to use public financing out of need.