Author Topic: who is the weathiest ($) getbigger?  (Read 5595 times)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: who is the weathiest ($) getbigger?
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »
According to Sev, that motion supports your pectorals.  ::) ::)

how is that possible?  ???

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »
Ask sev, he is the guru here. Maybe he can tell you how to reach 170lb bodyweight with 100mg d-bol ed.

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »
allow me to own you yet again

I clearly bench more than you do ... ;)

Hey Sev.  Why the belt for 90 lbs???

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

Assets (cash, securities, real estate, etc) minus liabilities (loans and other debt).

Many people in their 20's and even 30's (a lot on here) are in negative territory.  If you rent, you probably own a car, have a little cash in the bank, and may have a meager 401k. Subtract from that your student loans, car loan, credit card debt, etc, and you probably have red ink.  If you own a house you may be doing a little better, but with the drop in housing prices, you probably don't have much equity.

I'd guess 90% or better here have a net worth less than $50,000, and as many as half have a negative net worth. 

OK, so assets would also include real estate, the owner actually lives in and it also includes company shares? If someone is called a "millionaire" in the US, does that refer to networth?

I would rather add up everything I can easily make into cash. This would not include (reasonable) real estate I live in and also no company shares that only have a theoretical value (no potential buyer known).

Otherwise, if you're an entrepeneur, it's quite easy to be a "millionaire". It just depends on the evaluation method of your company's value, which in real life could be 0 because you would never find a buyer.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »
Not sitting on a pile of money but I have zero debt.  Everything I own, I own outright, nothing purchased on credit.  I don't know anyone else who does this.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »
Not sitting on a pile of money but I have zero debt.  Everything I own, I own outright, nothing purchased on credit.  I don't know anyone else who does this.

Now you do. ;)
I was never in dept in my life.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
Good man!  :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »
Now you do. ;)
I was never in dept in my life.
Add me to the list, lads. Debt is for people who owe money. Don't be one of those guys.  :D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »
Add me to the list, lads. Debt is for people who owe money. Don't be one of those guys.  :D

Funny thing is, in most countries, I couldn't get a credit anyway. I have no credit history.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:13 AM »
Funny thing is, in most countries, I couldn't get a credit anyway. I have no credit history.
Start with a credit card or small bank loan, then.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »
Haha!  TEAM FIN SEC BABY!!  Knew we could count on your support Doc!

I've got nothing against spending some bucks, but it absolutely blows my mind that people will buy shit they can't afford, with money they don't have, pay their "minimum repayment" on credit cards so they can keep getting raped by the interest, etc.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2008, 10:23:28 AM »
Maybe Arnold is a member.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
Start with a credit card or small bank loan, then.

I don't need one anyway. Luckily, I'm past that point.
Fortunally, in my country we don't have the system of credit history.
IMO, it drives people into dept early on in their lives where it wouldn't even be necessary.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2008, 11:52:09 AM »
In order to teach how to be safe ...better safe than sorry ..I also explain in the clip that for those interested in building a nice chest , the weight is irrelevant.

So basically is a safety issue ....not necessary .. I always benched heavy wearing a belt and I felt it kept me tighter ....the belt helps your abdomen deal with the internal pressure buildup ...

So I tell people from my experience what helped me ..but it's not paramount .

ninja turtle

• Getbig II
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »

wow sev  :D that was a hard 8 reps. muski pectoral aa sevastaz mamu ti nabijem u sisu  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »

In a way, that's what you're doing.  If you own a house that would likely sell for $1M, and you owe $900,000 on it as a loan, you could sell the house for, pay off the loan, and have $100,000 in cash left.  Whether you live in the house or not is irrelevant.

The whole "value of an owned business" thing doesn't often come into play, but the most conservative way to figure it is to look at the actual assets less liabilities of the business, not factoring "goodwill" into a potential sale.  Publicly-traded securities are properly considered at their current market value.

Regardless, assets less liabilities is the correct formula, and is what people are talking about when they say "net worth".

I understand the formula. If you find a way of correctly estimating the value of real estate and small company shares, I agree with it. My guess is however, that the value is often grossely overrated, especially if you need the cash fast.

Why do you think the "value of an owned business" doesn't often come into play? Aren't there a lot of small business owners in the US?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »
geo, creator of geocities.com is the richest.
Z

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »

wow sev  :D that was a hard 8 reps. muski pectoral aa sevastaz mamu ti nabijem u sisu  ;D
I dunno what language that's in ...

as for the weight ...check out my other clips for benching real weight

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »
seb... looking like fucking stone cold in that video  :o :o :o
but shouldn't you go with a closer grip?
pec tears are associated with wide grip
it's probably me....so scared of pec tears  :'(
no danger of pec tear if you use moderate weights and focus on the muscle ...big muscles = good food + lots of good drugs ....how heavy you lift is utterly irrelevant

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »
I've instinctively done the "head tilt" thing for years now when doing chest movements. When you have enough mind-muscle connection going on, try to focus and roll your wrist as far forward as possible without losing control of the weight when you do any kind of bench. If you are using a proper amount of weight (not to much but enough to make you hurt the next day) and tilt your head forward a little and try to squeeze that bit of pec at the top of your sternum.

Know how Arnold was a huge advocate of wrist rotation and angles when doing bi-s? Well, it applies for EVERYTHING you do.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2008, 05:03:33 PM »