Author Topic: Troops Support McCain 3-1  (Read 5931 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: Troops Support McCain 3-1
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »

agenda of the guys who want to rule the world and have a one world government and take over all the oil in the world

Are you talking about our government or are you talking about the Islamic Extremist that want to take over the world? I ask this because I would certainly sign up again if I knew Islamic Extremist were going to try and take over our country as we know it, even if it not the best of times now.

you watch too much TV  ::)
again this is not a war on "islamic extremists"
this is a war on oil
maybe they wouldn't be so "extremist" if you didn't invade all muslim countries
hope this helps !

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
A  poll by the Military Times newspaper group suggests that there is overwhelming support for John McCain among U.S. troops in every branch of the armed forces by a nearly 3-1 margin.

According to the poll, 68 percent of active-duty and retired servicemen and women support McCain, while 23 percent support Barack Obama. The numbers are nearly identical among officers and enlisted troops.

Click here to see the raw data.

The Military Times, which publishes the Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times, polled 80,000 subscribers from Sept 22 to Sept. 29. The non-scientific survey gathered 4,300 respondents -- all of them registered and eligible to vote.

A racial divide was immediately evident among the respondents. Nearly eight in 10 black servicemembers chose Obama, while McCain captured 76 percent of white voters and 63 percent of Hispanic voters.

Click here to see more on this story from FOX News.

Numbers among men and women respondents were also visibly different. Men overwhelmingly said they would vote for McCain, 70 percent to 22 percent. But among women the margin was much closer: 53 percent support McCain, while 36 percent support Obama.

U.S. troops also said in the poll that they prefer McCain to handle the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan -- 74 percent said McCain would perform better, while just 19 percent said Obama would.

Four years ago the Iraq War was the single most important issue on which the military voted. But the war now ranks third in importance to these voters. The most important issue among the respondents was character (42 percent), followed by the economy (25 percent) and the Iraq War (16 percent).

There was a racial divide on these issues, as well. Black servicemembers said the economy was the No. 1 issue that affected their vote, and white troops said character was paramount.

The Military Times offered certain caveats for its poll, which was open only to its 80,000 subscribers. Responses were entirely voluntary and were not focused on a representative sample of the public, as scientific polls are. The troops polled were also somewhat older than average enlisted servicemembers and included more officers than is representative of the military as a whole.

Yet judging by the numbers, it appears that the Democratic party has not made many inroads into the traditionally Republican military.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/21/poll-troops-support-mccain/

FOX news post, once again, its not true.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 11:02:11 AM »
FOX news post, once again, its not true.

I thought FOX was the most credible & balanced news organization out there,  ::) Just ask them they'll tell you.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 11:03:49 AM »
Not many getbiggers will understand this.

As we are mostly American here. Mars can speak very strongly but he makes many valid points. Look at the history of my region - we've been bombed, killed, occupied many times over the last 80 years - all by one single nation :-\

And people wonder why Obama is so supported worldwide, not everyone wants death and destruction all over the world, wars waged, nations invaded and people killed and flames of hatred simply fanned way higher.

this is a war on oil
hope this helps !

Don't be silly >:(

I am sure all the people who had their families killed just love the troops, they have zero reason to be mad that a foreign nation invaded them and occupied them for years killing folks, it's nice ::)

Yes and we count on them to protect us and to allow us to post on Getbig without having to worry about getting shot or bombed. 

"We" do?

Speak for yourself, as I don't.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »

The only people who reads the Military Times is mostly elderly white people or almost retired military personnel...mostly conservative.  I never read it when I was serving and most soldiers in their 20's and 30's are reading Playboy or Penthouse....

Sorry Coach....doesn't really mean anything

That's not true.  The Army Times is distributed on military installations to active duty soldiers. 

Also, the readership is irrelevant to the poll numbers.  They didn't just poll people who read the publication. 

ASJChaotic

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »

Don't be silly >:(

I am sure all the people who had their families killed just love the troops, they have zero reason to be mad that a foreign nation invaded them and occupied them for years killing folks, it's nice ::)

they bomb a wedding and kill every member of a guy's family....wtf do they expect him to do?
enjoy the american goodness?
right  ::)

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 12:44:45 PM »
It's time to end this elective, piece of shit war, Joe.

This was a voluntary survey to those subscribed to this publication (older, lifers who are stationary and not in the field).
And 1 in 3 of them was willing to put their name on something saying they are tired of this piece of shit war.

If a third of lifer readers will admit it, I'm betting the support among the kids getting shot at in baghdad is a lot less.  

Do you even know what the war is about anymore, Joe?

Saddam is dead, they have their own govt.  Their leaders and population have both said they want us out.  They want to handle the terrorists, so they can be brutal and kill them fast.  It's about military spending, Joe.  $3billion a week goes to military private firms.  That's what this war is about joe.  Borrowing $ from China in our name to feed to corporations.  That's it.  Not freedom, not democracy, not even oil.  Iraq told us to piss off, no bases, and they sold the oil drilling to China.

We're there for sustained spending.  I hope you realize that.

Joes a CHICKENHAWK...  Too Chicken to get in the war, hawk now thats hes too old...

ASJChaotic

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »
Joes a CHICKENHAWK...  Too Chicken to get in the war, hawk now thats hes too old...
I wonder why Joe is such a republican ass kisser
is he from texas?  ;D
or a die hard christian?
is he a racist also?

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 03:16:47 PM »
We haven't fought a war defending our soil since 1812.

All wars since then have been for overseas interests.  Hope the helps.

It's about our 'way of life', or sustaining US corporate influence overseas.  The business of war.  We have 800 bases overseas, China is next with 80.  We spend more on military spending that the next 22 natinos COMBINED.  War is big busienss.

Who is the last Iraqi you had to cap on your front lawn?

Whats about WWII after Pearle HArbor?

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
believe me, if there was something that I'd risk my life for and die I'd do it
If someone broke into my house with a knife I'd risk my life for my mom, dad, sisters, and my girlfriend who I love the most in the whole world
but do you think that the agenda of the guys who want to rule the world and have a one world government and take over all the oil in the world is a good reason to put your life on the line for and DIE for?

::)

you still at home with your parents?

hahahahha

ASJChaotic

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »
you still at home with your parents?

hahahahha
that is funny considering I'm 19 years old  :D ::)
whats so good about living by yourself anyway?
you got a job at walmart so you could live by yourself  :'(

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
this is a war on oil
hope this helps !

Umm, most of the people they kill are other Muslims. They're no different than us. They want power and control over those areas as well, they just mask it under the notion of fighting for a religion.

If this wasn't the case, they wouldn't spend the majority of their time blowing up women and children.

This is what cracks me up. You clowns give free passes to Al Qaeda and Co. just because they happen to be of the same religion, when they're no different, and in-fact much worse, than the big mean Americans.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2008, 03:38:35 PM »
muslims kill muslims.....we know  ::)
don't christians kill other christians? how about the England Ireland wars back in the day?
news flash smart guy
Al Qaeda was founded and funded by the CIA and Osama Bin Laden is a CIA agent named Tim Osman
again.........put down the fucking TV remote and think for youself
hope this helps

Lol, and there's the typical retard mode of attack. Reference Christian wars from hundreds of years ago. Brilliant, you proved your point beyond a doubt! Because England (I'm not even English) decided to fight a war with Ireland 500 years ago makes it ok for Muslims to do the same thing. Love it!  Do me a favor and STFU. More regurgitated bullshit.  ::)

I could reference any number of Muslim terrorist groups that specialize in killing foreign Muslim women and children, not just Al Qaeda.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »
lets face it
US soldiers are not real soldiers
I have a friend who was in the Israeli army and he laughs at them
he says "hizbullah has soldiers, US troops....they are not soldiers, they are economic dependents"
couldn't have said it better myself
Being a soldier means fighting for a belief that you have and for that you would die
this is how Afghanistan defeated Russia and broke it's empire into pieces
BRAVERY, BELIEF, something people would die for

Didn't Hezbollah kick the shit out of those Israeli soldiers a few years ago?

I'd pay money to watch the ass kicking you'd take if you said this face-to-face to U.S. Marines or Soldiers.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
Didn't Hezbollah kick the shit out of those Israeli soldiers a few years ago?

I'd pay money to watch the ass kicking you'd take if you said this face-to-face to U.S. Marines or Soldiers.

Lol. Wasn't it Israel flattened most of Lebanon but the fact that Hezbollah hides among civilians and has no problems using them as human shields allowed for them to claim victory after several hundred people died from their games?

How are US soldiers not real soldiers? "Your friend" says they aren't. Hilarious. It's good that you speak for ALL US soldiers, though. I'm sure they'd love to hear you tell them that.  ::)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
Lol, and there's the typical retard mode of attack. Reference Christian wars from hundreds of years ago. Brilliant, you proved your point beyond a doubt! Because England (I'm not even English) decided to fight a war with Ireland 500 years ago makes it ok for Muslims to do the same thing. Love it!  Do me a favor and STFU. More regurgitated bullshit.  ::)

I could reference any number of Muslim terrorist groups that specialize in killing foreign Muslim women and children, not just Al Qaeda.
you completely fucking skipped this

Al Qaeda was founded and funded by the CIA and Osama Bin Laden is a CIA agent named Tim Osman

HOPE IT HELPS  :)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2008, 03:46:33 PM »
Lol. Wasn't it Israel flattened most of Lebanon but the fact that Hezbollah hides among civilians and has no problems using them as human shields allowed for them to claim victory after several hundred people died from their games?

How are US soldiers not real soldiers? "Your friend" says they aren't. Hilarious.

No friend of mine, BF.

But I won't argue with the cowardly tactics Durkabollah employs because you're right.

That said, the Israeli military didn't dominate the way I expected them to.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »

HOPE IT HELPS  :)

I thought his name was Johnny Durka. Bin Laden is just his getbig userid.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »
No friend of mine, BF.

But I won't argue with the cowardly tactics Durkabollah employs because you're right.

That said, the Israeli military didn't dominate the way I expected them to.

In all honesty, how could they dominate? There isn't really much you can do when at the first sign of conflict, Hezbollah consistently disappears into the civilian population to wait it out. I mean, they could take the Muslim approach and kill everyone, but I like to think they're beyond that.

It doesn't help at all. AQ is not the only terrorist organization in the world. HOPE THIS HELPS, dipshit. Thanks for ignoring my points, though.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2008, 03:52:41 PM »
In all honesty, how could they dominate? There isn't really much you can do when at the first sign of conflict, Hezbollah consistently disappears into the civilian population to wait it out. I mean, they could take the Muslim approach and kill everyone, but I like to think they're beyond that.

You can't when you play by their rules.

Anyhoo, my remark was in response to the asshat's friend in the Israeli army that said American soldiers were not real soldiers.

MemberXX

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »

It doesn't help at all. AQ is not the only terrorist organization in the world. HOPE THIS HELPS, dipshit. Thanks for ignoring my points, though.
so you do know that they were funded by CIA and that Osama is a CIA agent and he won't be "caught" cuz they don't want him to
I thought the government only knew AQ  ::) don't all americans?
what other organizations? everyone who defends their country against US reign of oil inquiry?
did you ever think that they consider YOU a terrorist?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
so you do know that they were funded by CIA and that Osama is a CIA agent and he won't be "caught" cuz they don't want him to
I thought the government only knew AQ  ::) don't all americans?
what other organizations? everyone who defends their country against US reign of oil inquiry?
did you ever think that they consider YOU a terrorist?

Again, I'm not talking about Al Qaeda. They were an example. You focusing on them only proves that you can't refute my other points.

It's funny. All the people always voicing their support for terrorist organizations can never refute the number of innocent muslim women and children they kill.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

The only people who reads the Military Times is mostly elderly white people or almost retired military personnel...mostly conservative.  I never read it when I was serving and most soldiers in their 20's and 30's are reading Playboy or Penthouse....

Sorry Coach....doesn't really mean anything

I guess ur just an idiot then....everybody reads it.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2008, 08:35:38 PM »
ya you're real powerful
you shit your pants and didn't do shit after Russia invaded georgia went into it's capital and showed you what real power is
US military is so stretched that it can't even defend itself anymore

Hey dipshit....did u actually watch the idiots who invaded Georgia...did u watch the 30 year old tanks with 30 year old reactive armor...and their missed matched uniforms....riding on the tanks......in 40 different uniforms...while it took their air force days to bomb things that take us minutes...u go ahead and get back to me. Everybody else are a buncj of children compared to us. I watched Iraqi tank crews jump out of perfectly good tanks, knowing we'd be pounding their assed before we ever came in range of their soviet junk.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
that is funny considering I'm 19 years old  :D ::)
whats so good about living by yourself anyway?
you got a job at walmart so you could live by yourself  :'(

19...when I was about ur age I was getting ready to air assult into Haiti....ur a waste.
L