Author Topic: hey MAXREP, do u feel like a man now?  (Read 5178 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
hey MAXREP, do u feel like a man now?
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »
you must be pretty excited with all the thread moving and deleting  ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: hey MAXREP, do u feel like a man now?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 11:08:02 AM »
Agree, Ron should take away his mod rights. these political threads should be removed when they are not real popular anymore, not as soon as they pop up.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
No, threads cannot just be deleted. This will destroy the community. When I reply in a thread, it's not my fault that is was started in the wrong forum. I don't expect it to be deleted.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
He is a Jobsworth.

I bet he has not felt the touch of a woman in years.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
Yes... always have felt like a man. How about you?

I metioned to Ron the other day that if he wants to replace or remove me, he can. No complaints on that here. 

I've gotten many PM's thanking me for cleaning up the board and it seems just as many who dislike it. Can't please everyone... and I wouldn't try.
and keep moving!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:29:57 AM »

I metioned to Ron the other day that if he wants to replace or remove me, he can. No complaints on that here. 

I've gotten many PM's thanking me for cleaning up the board and it seems just as many who dislike it. Can't please everyone... and I wouldn't try.

people thank you because thread deletion makes rival getbiggers happy. you discriminate , so leave it alone

by the way you contradict yourself
"I've gotten many PM's thanking me for cleaning up the board and it seems just as many who dislike it. Can't please everyone... and I wouldn't try. "

you please people by deleting and piss others off who want the thread to stay so it pleases some who dont like a certain getbigger when you delete thus when you try to please the getbig board by thread deleting it is discriminating

A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »

This policy is completely illogical. For us users, there is no exact, objective formula to determine if you would delete a certain thread or not. Move the threads, warn the thread starters, ban the thread starters, but do not simply delete a thread with replies made by other users. Very disrespectful.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
This policy is completely illogical. For us users, there is no exact, objective formula to determine if you would delete a certain thread or not. Move the threads, warn the thread starters, ban the thread starters, but do not simply delete a thread with replies made by other users. Very disrespectful.

I’m getting the distinct impression that you’re upset with me for being an active moderator and enforcing Ron’s rules. Would that be a fair and accurate statement?
and keep moving!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »
max rep is a good man, he's overworked and underpaid
Z

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:34:23 PM »
I’m getting the distinct impression that you’re upset with me for being an active moderator and enforcing Ron’s rules. Would that be a fair and accurate statement?

Not at all, I understand your intentions and also frustration 100%. I do appreciate all the work that you and the other mods put into this board.

But I don't think your current means are logical. I explained why. You can be active in moving the threads, warning thread starters, putting them in timeout and eventually banning them. Deleting replies of users who just don't know whether you decide to delete a certain thread at some point or not is disrespectful and cannot be the purpose of a mod. I don't know how much of this new politics comes from Ron, but I think if he endorses it, he makes a big mistake.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »
max rep is a good man, he's overworked and underpaid
I hate agreeing with Bluto but he's right.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
people thank you because thread deletion makes rival getbiggers happy. you discriminate , so leave it alone

by the way you contradict yourself
"I've gotten many PM's thanking me for cleaning up the board and it seems just as many who dislike it. Can't please everyone... and I wouldn't try. "

you please people by deleting and piss others off who want the thread to stay so it pleases some who dont like a certain getbigger when you delete thus when you try to please the getbig board by thread deleting it is discriminating

Delete this fuck , I dont want to know about fuckin aliens and spaceships and smoking pot listening to brain dead hippy music ..
This is BB board , a decent one because of the humour that goes with it but also a place for serious stuff, theres no room for DW/JF and his molesting of falcon birds,beast sex is illegal DW  :-X  >:(

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »
i have no complaints w/ max-u always respond to a pm i send u-u always seem active...if u need help or anything id be glad to help u mod-u should check out my application to be mod thread here on suggestions board

Gene
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »
Wow, I have never seen Max Rep actually post before....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 03:54:56 PM »
Wow, I have never seen Max Rep actually post before....
Post softly, carry a big delete button. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »
you must be pretty excited with all the thread moving and deleting  ::)

generally a couple times a month all the getbig mods get together,drink a few beers,talk about all the threads we deleted or moved,and giggle as we have sword fights !

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »

I have no problem with Max Rep, he is doing what needs to be done.