Author Topic: Texas Catholic Bishops Make It Clear: Abortion The Number One Election Issue  (Read 3821 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
I'll leave the word usage alone.  Not that important (although I have no problem calling a baby a "baby"). 

What country are you from?  I appreciate the information about what your country outlaws, but I'm asking specifically about where you draw the line and why.  At what point (specifically) do you consider a baby (fetus, whatever) a human and why? 

Not trying to set you up or anything.  The reason I'm asking is I find it very difficult to draw a bright line about when human life begins (unless we're talking about conception) and want to know your thought process.   

I come from Sweden. I mentioned the laws of my country as a reference point for my belief, so I basically answered your question. If the fetus has a chance of living and growing up outside the womb then I would it call it human/baby. Because ONLY then are you stealing the life of a living thing if you would abort. Everything before that is just mere potential.

Drawing the line at the conception is a gross oversimplification in my mind. As I've said before, the single cell fertilized egg is purely a potential baby at that point and it wouldn't be fair to say that you're "murdering" a baby if you choose to abort at that stage. The same way you would murder a baby if you simply chose not to have sex.
from incomplete data