Author Topic: JAMES LIEWELLIN...PDI PRO>>to>>IFBB PRO!!!  (Read 7030 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: JAMES LIEWELLIN...PDI PRO>>to>>IFBB PRO!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
well... sami obviously has a point. the guy competed in the pdi. and now he is able to get into the ifbb, while sami is not. thats a legit beef with the ifbb and yes it is unfair. i dont blame sami for feeling angry about the fact james was allowed but he is not. and i wouldnt call him a whiny bitch. however, i will say that sami just doesnt have much of a sense of irony about himself, and was not very wise in the way in which he brought up this injustice. if he wanted to use this as an argument for getting into ifbb, this was nto the way to go about it. this scenario could have persuaded soem ifbb officials to be on sami side and maybe help him get a chance to be ifbb. BUT, because of the way he "whined" about it.. i doubt it will make an impact for his case, in fact probably hurt his case. he could have made a thread congragulating james, posting a picture opf him and james at the pdi show, and making a smal mention that he "had the honor to compete with james in the pdi".. that would have been a god way of going about it.  but again i dont think its fair to call sami a bitch or say 'fuck him' because of the way he went baout this.. he has a point..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
What a truly classy post...probably the best in GetBig history.

James - you're the kind of guy people want to root for.  I appreciate you sharing your side of the story, congratulate you for your successes, and wish you all the best in your competitive future. 

-Tre' Scott
femflex.com

Max is indeed right.

I won the amateur show that entitled me to compete as a PDI pro but I declined to take it as I wanted to remain an amateur so I could compete in the WABBA World championships later that year.

After my good friend Scott Horton had a chat with Wayne Demilla it was confirmed that I could go on stage with the 'pro's' as an invited guest as Wayne respected my wishes to stay amateur.

It was a dream of mine to stand on stage with Lee and Sammi and the other guys as I had looked up to and respected these guys for a long time.

So in answer to your question I have never been a professional athlete with any federation and now that I have the chance to take my pro card I will be taking it and competing in early 2010 in the u202lb class with the IFBB.

It has been a career ambition to stand on an IFBB stage with my heroes and I will soon be living my dream.

Thankyou to everyone that wished me well on the day and since. I have receieved 100's of emails, calls and texts from well wishers and it is very humbling.

I would love nothing more than to see Sammi on an IFBB stage as he has a World Class physique and opitomises exactly what a bodybuilder should look like.

Here are a few pictures taken 24 hours after buy Geoff Collins. For those that do not know I am 5'4" tall and weighed in at 174lbs just a fraction under the middleweight limit.

James

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 01:16:30 PM »
Indeed James = great bb/classy guy

James Llewellin

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 10:39:32 PM »
Thanks guys for your comments of support. :)

I just treat others as I would liked to be treated myself.

My mother always said to me 'Do as you would be done by' and its one of the best peices of advice she has given me.

I have nothing to hide, I was an amateur and I competed in other federations before attaining my pro status with the IFBB.

I was penalised by the UKBFF (IFBB UK affiliated organisation) in 2006 for competing with WABBA and the PDI (both as an amateur) and had to requalify for the UK finals last year.

As a former British (UK) champion (I won the UKBFF middleweight UK title in 2005) I am allowed to compete in any UK Championship Finals without the need for qualification.

However, because I defected for 1 year I had to requalify in 2007 for the finals at a regional qualifier. I took that penalty on the chin and requalified.

Since then I have remained completely loyal to the UKBFF and now have achieved my dream.

I am over the moon and look forward to standing on stage in the spring of 2010. :)

J

Stavios

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »
well good luck in the pros James

class act all the way

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 12:59:11 AM »
Sami---Mussilum name

James---American name

Gee is it really that difficult to understand why one would get the OK while the other gets a life ban...'

Sami, you need to put your cowboy hat back on and change your name to Bucky Goldstein...You would be Mr. Olympia within 3 years ;)

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 02:17:20 AM »
James---American name

The name is older than that country so how you figure that out is beyond me! ::)
Team Efferding

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 02:25:09 AM »
Sami got owned in his own thread

leighton

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 08:21:45 PM »
Sammi your a piece of Arab shit shut your mouth this post back fired on you, as you didn't realise James would read it, hes a class act and you should be ASShamed NO MATTER how many post you do to climb yourself out this hole "OH I RESPECT YOU JAMES" bla bla bla, your still a piece of whining Arab shit who's loves to blow ARAB princes to get his free gear!

James well done on your win im sure in the next few years you will be a top 5 guy in the 202, you have some improvements to keep up with the top guys but its all there, now us Brits have you and Flex Lewis flying the flag for the Brits in 2009!

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »
 Sammi, IFBB, POLITICS, EGO, HATE, PRIDE, GRUDGE, GREED, etc., is/are fucking you over...
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 08:06:18 AM »
IMO thr IFBB doesn't give big importance to PDI, a federation born dead with only 2 competitions

compliment to Mr. Liewellin for his victory

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 08:11:29 AM »
Thanks for the post and the email bro.

You are a true gentleman. :)

J
I am an NPC judge and am very impressed with your current pics. I think you will do well in the current IFBB , just hang in there and are you able to do the under 202 class?What shows will do in 2009?
Thanks and good luck, Howard

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 09:55:50 AM »
Thanks guys for your comments of support. :)

I just treat others as I would liked to be treated myself.

My mother always said to me 'Do as you would be done by' and its one of the best peices of advice she has given me.

I have nothing to hide, I was an amateur and I competed in other federations before attaining my pro status with the IFBB.

I was penalised by the UKBFF (IFBB UK affiliated organisation) in 2006 for competing with WABBA and the PDI (both as an amateur) and had to requalify for the UK finals last year.

As a former British (UK) champion (I won the UKBFF middleweight UK title in 2005) I am allowed to compete in any UK Championship Finals without the need for qualification.

However, because I defected for 1 year I had to requalify in 2007 for the finals at a regional qualifier. I took that penalty on the chin and requalified.

Since then I have remained completely loyal to the UKBFF and now have achieved my dream.

I am over the moon and look forward to standing on stage in the spring of 2010. :)

J

Good for you.  You realized your mistakes and you took it in stride to get your pro card.  Best of luck to you in competition.

Sammi...stop trying to group yourself with him.  It wasn't just the fact that you were in the PDI but that your mouth caused you to be in the situation you are in right now.
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »
Good for you.  You realized your mistakes and you took it in stride to get your pro card.  Best of luck to you in competition.

Sammi...stop trying to group yourself with him.  It wasn't just the fact that you were in the PDI but that your mouth caused you to be in the situation you are in right now.
I agree Vince G. Hey I know we both get ripped on here but I was curious if you were doing any shows in 2009?
I may head over to NC and get in an over 50 class now that I am ful fledged geezer hehe.
I may be a wiseass Vince, but I always gave you credit for having the balls to get on stage and doing the best you could in an actual show.
Howard

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 11:35:46 AM »
WTF............ ;D

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=938252

What you need to do is to ask your national IFBB org to apply for a pro card.

Then you may get one.

Has been done in the past for other BB's from other countries.
As empty as paradise

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 11:43:12 AM »
Good for you.  You realized your mistakes and you took it in stride to get your pro card. 

what BS.  there is not business relationship between amateur athletes and amateur organizations.  if so they wouldn't be amateurs.   any amateur athlete should be able to compete in any contest without repercussions.  Thank God for that 1982 ruling between Manion and the AAU.     The NPC has done just fine without worrying about what amateur has competed in other contests.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »
What you need to do is to ask your national IFBB org to apply for a pro card.  Then you may get one. Has been done in the past for other BB's from other countries.

that's the problem.  he's on his local chairman's shit list and will never be recommended for a pro card.   his only chance is to immigrate to another country and qualify there.   or wait for Manion to retire.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
Sammi your a piece of Arab shit shut your mouth this post back fired on you, as you didn't realise James would read it, hes a class act and you should be ASShamed NO MATTER how many post you do to climb yourself out this hole "OH I RESPECT YOU JAMES" bla bla bla, your still a piece of whining Arab shit who's loves to blow ARAB princes to get his free gear!

James well done on your win im sure in the next few years you will be a top 5 guy in the 202, you have some improvements to keep up with the top guys but its all there, now us Brits have you and Flex Lewis flying the flag for the Brits in 2009!

This shit is why I love Getbig!

lmfao!!
Ta ta nerds!

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »
CONGRATS JAMES ON DOING SOMETHING SAMI COULD NOT, GET AN IFBB PRO CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »

This shit is why I love Getbig!

lmfao!!

your still a piece of whining Arab shit who's loves to blow ARAB princes to get his free gear!

cant  Sami just do this and they'll pay the IFBB cash for his pro card plus give an upper level official one of those nice rides.  what's the problem?
Oh...Monica!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

MELTDOWN!!!!!    :o :o :o :o :o

HOLY SHIT!
follow the arrows

James Llewellin

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2008, 11:08:57 PM »
I am an NPC judge and am very impressed with your current pics. I think you will do well in the current IFBB , just hang in there and are you able to do the under 202 class?What shows will do in 2009?
Thanks and good luck, Howard

Thanks for your words Howard.

My plan, after speaking with neil, is to take 2009 off. I have competed at least 3x every year since I started BBing 5 years ago.

We want to make the improvements necessary to at least not look out of place on a 202 stage so that will mean a good solid 12-16 months off season, with a few mini diets and then hit the stage in the spring of 2010.

I'll never be a BIG BBer but what I will bring to the stage (hopefully) is balance and polish once I have addressed my weaknesses.

I love the sport so much and have met so many wonderful people along the way and I want to make sure a new and improved James Llewellin hits the pro ranks. Thank the lord for the 202 class as if this had not been around I would never have realised my dream of beocoming pro and competing on a pro stage.

God bless

James

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2008, 06:51:10 AM »
100pct solid build,already looks 15/20 lbs heavier than is at  174,190 or so will be like a labrada sized he was 5/5 or 5'6 ,good luck man.props..

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2008, 08:01:13 AM »
CONGRATS JAMES ON DOING SOMETHING SAMI COULD NOT, GET AN IFBB PRO CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to be so damn negative all the time.  Sami is more than worthy of an IFBB card. His physique would beat many, and I mean many of todays pros.