Author Topic: Obama Wants 12 million Illegals To Get Citizenship  (Read 1255 times)

The Coach

Obama Wants 12 million Illegals To Get Citizenship
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:10:10 PM »
Obama Wants 12 Million Illegals to Get Citizenship

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:18 PM

By: David A. Patten  Article Font Size   

A Barack Obama administration would be a “nation killer” if Democrats attain a “supermajority” in the Senate, a leading conservative figure on immigration warned Tuesday.

Obama also has said he wants to make the 12 million illegal aliens in the U.S. citizens as soon as he can — an amnesty program that would make them legally entitled to full government benefits, including Social Security and health care.

William Gheen, president of the Raleigh, N.C.-based Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC), says Obama’s plan would make it politically impossible to secure America’s borders. He describes Obama and a new Democratic Congress as a “worst-case scenario” for border and immigration security.

“I would paint that scenario as a nation killer,” Gheen, a former campaign consultant and an outspoken advocate for stronger border control policies, tells Newsmax. “I would expect amnesty to pass within a year. That means in the next presidential election, you will have a new voting bloc of 15 million illegal aliens who turn into voters.

“And that voting bloc,” he says, “especially in the Southwest United States, would be enough to take full control of most city, state, and county governments, thus destroying any future hopes for immigration enforcement or border security.”

Although GOP nominee John McCain has rarely confronted Obama during the campaign over immigration — presumably to avoid alienating Hispanic voters — Obama’s record reflects a clear focus on expanding entitlements to undocumented workers.

As a state senator in Illinois, for example, Obama co-sponsored that state’s version of the DREAM Act, which allowed youngsters in the country illegally to receive in-state tuition. He later supported similar legislation in the U.S. Senate.

During a September campaign swing, Obama told the North Carolina Public Radio station WUNC that the children of illegal immigrants should have an opportunity to attend community colleges.

“For us to deny them access to community college, even though they’ve never lived in Mexico, as least as far as they can tell, is to deny that this is how we’ve always built this country up,” Obama said.

According to the NewsObserver.com, the McCain campaign reacted to Obama’s remark by issuing the statement: “John McCain does not support amnesty or benefits for undocumented immigrants. He has consistently opposed giving amnesty or public benefits to undocumented immigrants.”

Obama, who tends to dismiss discussion of his pro-immigration positions as politically motivated “distractions,” has demonstrated no such reticence to expand entitlements for illegals. Specifically:

Obama’s plan for universal health care would include coverage for illegal immigrants, according to political strategist and Newsmax columnist Dick Morris. Morris has warned that covering illegals “adds dramatically” to the cost of universal health care.

In March, Obama voted to table a Senate amendment that would support the withdrawal of federal assistance “to sanctuary cities that ignore the immigration laws of the United States and create safe havens for illegal aliens and potential terrorists.” McCain did not cast a vote.

Obama supported the McCain-Kennedy immigration reform legislation that was defeated in 2006. Since then, McCain has taken the position that securing the borders must precede immigration reform. Obama continues to support a process to “bring people out of the shadows” and eventually obtain legal status (at which point they would be eligible for the federally mandated benefits available to anyone, such as Social Security). Obama also calls for enhanced border security.

The Democratic candidate for president supports, in principle, providing state-funded welfare benefits to legal immigrants. While a state senator, Obama supported allocating state funds to provide Medicaid coverage to some legal immigrants, according to OnTheIssues.org.

Obama has supported increasing the number of work visas issued each year, such as the H1-B visa, especially for applicants with specialized skills. According to OnTheIssues.org, Obama co-sponsored, along with New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, a bill that would provide federal funding to help states provide health care and education to non-U.S. citizens.

Obama strongly supports encouraging American children to become bilingual and, at one point in the campaign, appeared to suggest it should be mandatory. In June, he voted against a Senate provision that would declare English the national language of the United States. McCain voted for it.

Edward I. Nelson, the chairman of the nonprofit U.S. Border Control organization, warns that “Welfare and in-state tuition are powerful inducements to illegal immigration, as are free medical benefits.”

Nelson says his organization has awarded both Obama and McCain an “F” on their immigration and border control policies.

Gheen says Obama and McCain both would ultimately favor amnesty for illegals, albeit differently.

“Obama would give in-state tuition and driver’s licenses to illegal aliens, then make them legal,” Gheen says. “McCain would make them legal, and then give them in-state tuition and driver’s licenses.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_illegal_citizenship/2008/10/22/142990.html?s=al&promo_code=6DE2-1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama Wants 12 million Illegals To Get Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:17:46 PM »
Settle down, coachie.  Mccain co-wrote a bill with teddy kennedy that almost made those 12million illegals stay.

They're both soft on border security.  It's a non-issue in this race.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:44:43 PM »
Settle down, coachie.  Mccain co-wrote a bill with teddy kennedy that almost made those 12million illegals stay.

They're both soft on border security.  It's a non-issue in this race.

He forgot how to read when it came to your thread and then remembered again when he passed it.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
Both are traitors when it comes to the illegal immigration issue.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 06:52:50 PM »
Bilingual = Good

Multilingual = Better

Americans are far behind other countries in this respect. Americans can only speak 1 language on average.

Legalize 12 million illegals? Probably the most rational thing to do. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to deport them all and IMPOSSIBLE to put them all in jail. Our jails are already filled up with pot smokers.
Giving them a path to citizenship is the only rational decision. It would allow us to focus more on securing the border, which needs to be secured mostly for the sake of nat. security.

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 06:57:39 PM »
Both are traitors when it comes to the illegal immigration issue.

amen, brother.
!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »

Legalize 12 million illegals? Probably the most rational thing to do. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to deport them all and IMPOSSIBLE to put them all in jail. Our jails are already filled up with pot smokers.
Giving them a path to citizenship is the only rational decision. It would allow us to focus more on securing the border, which needs to be secured mostly for the sake of nat. security.

WTF are you serious? It costs more PER YEAR to pay their WIC and welfare and food stamps than it would to deport EVERY ONE of them!

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »
WTF are you serious? It costs more PER YEAR to pay their WIC and welfare and food stamps than it would to deport EVERY ONE of them!

Definitely not. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to deport them all. Simply unfeasible.

As far as welfare goes...Cut it. If they can't learn our language and get citizenship, oh well. We'll take their children and put them up for adoption for parents who can take care of them. Welfare is only for people who are trying to succeed and need help or who are down on their luck for a temporary time. Not for lazy people who don't even bother to learn English.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »

there are some illegals receiving government subsidies, but many more are paying into the system (through payroll deductions on invalid ss numbers) with no chance of every getting anything out. 

I've known a few illegal aliens over the years.   none of them got here by sneaking across the Mexican border.  all flew in on a tourist or student visa, then stayed.  most of the illegals I've known have college degrees.  many of them have since gotten asylum, but they were still considered illegal aliens.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »
Both are wrong (McCain and Obama) you can't get rid of 12 Mil illegals but you sure as hell don't legalize them and give them free reign on our country . You deport them if they are charged with a crime and simply don't let any more in.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 09:25:40 PM »
Both are wrong (McCain and Obama) you can't get rid of 12 Mil illegals but you sure as hell don't legalize them and give them free reign on our country . You deport them if they are charged with a crime and simply don't let any more in.

Can you change the title of thread to

Obama and mcCain both Want 12 million Illegals To Get Citizenship

?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »

OK Coach, ...but what do you do about the illegal aliens who are not charged with crimes?

For that matter, ...how do you "not let illegal aliens in"? When they arrive, ...they're not illegal aliens.

They only become illegals once they overstay their visas. at that point they are already in the country.

What do you propose... shutting down tourism, ...or wholesale rejection of foreign students and business travelers?
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »

Agreed. This is theoritically what happens now, but they always seem to come back a week or two later.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »

?

exactly.
DAWG

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 07:01:33 AM »
Agreed. This is theoritically what happens now, but they always seem to come back a week or two later.

Homeland security rocks

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »

?

+1

Hypocrisy really cuts deep when it backfires so fast.
True to form, he won't return to this thread.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 07:25:29 AM »
I'm disgusted with the lack of attention this has gotten from both Candidates.

My brief thoughts on this are:
1. Secure the boarders.
2. Its most fair to deport all 12-18 million illegals since they broke our laws...however, that is not very practical and would be a mess IMO.  Consider a time monitored path to citizenship (with mandatory benchmarks)for the illegals who are already here, including a significant fine for breaking the law.  They must learn English and pass all regular citizenship requirements.  If not completed within a period of time, they are deported without question.
3. Deport all illegals who commit crimes, immediately.
4. We must make state & federal sponcered welfare and entitlement programs available for citizens only

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:58 AM »
hate to break it to you guys but there's a hell of a lot more than 12 million illegals in this country.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 09:35:39 AM »
Agreed.  I heard the estimate was 18 million.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »
I say we should give them all 18 months to learn English and if they don't, we deport them. 

But I've said that before.  Maybe I should say it in Spanish.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »
I forgot one of the most important issues:

Besides the documented illegals that are here, have paid a fine, and are on a monitored path to citizenship, heavily fine and prosecute any employer who hires a non-documented illegal.  This will make a huge impact.  If employers are at heavy risk or fines and prosecution, they will not hire undocumented illegals. 

Let the documented illegals on the path work.  Let them thrive and contribute.  Those are the people we want here anyway...not the lazy loafers or criminals.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 10:13:54 AM »
I'm disgusted with the lack of attention this has gotten from both Candidates.

My brief thoughts on this are:
1. Secure the boarders.
2. Its most fair to deport all 12-18 million illegals since they broke our laws...however, that is not very practical and would be a mess IMO.  Consider a time monitored path to citizenship (with mandatory benchmarks)for the illegals who are already here, including a significant fine for breaking the law.  They must learn English and pass all regular citizenship requirements.  If not completed within a period of time, they are deported without question.
3. Deport all illegals who commit crimes, immediately.
4. We must make state & federal sponcered welfare and entitlement programs available for citizens only

Excellent ideas,... However....

1. Neither party , Democrats or Republicans, has shown any interest in securing the borders.
2. The left will see to it that any attempt to require any effort on their part to learn english, pass requirements, etc., is negated or tied up in courts indefinitly or results in laws with no teeth. Most illegals have no interest in bettering themselves.
3. This happens now, but they come back within a week or two.
4. The left will NEVER let anyone, regardless of status, be denied welfare benefits or any other public-funds. Example: Prop. 187 in California. People voted to disallow illegals schools and public benefit... and a liberal judge overturned the whole thing. ONE LIBERAL JUDGE overrode 3 million voters.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
Cool...I'm all for it.  Nothing wrong with more people coming over to this great country.
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
I forgot one of the most important issues:

1. Besides the documented illegals that are here, have paid a fine, and are on a monitored path to citizenship, heavily fine and prosecute any employer who hires a non-documented illegal.  This will make a huge impact.  If employers are at heavy risk or fines and prosecution, they will not hire undocumented illegals. 

2. Let the documented illegals on the path work.  Let them thrive and contribute.  Those are the people we want here anyway...not the lazy loafers or criminals.

As an employer, I CANNOT ask about their citizenship status. I can actually be sued for discrimination for asking if the answer is not in the affirmative. Also, 100% of illegals will lie straight to your face about absolutely everything.

If welfare such as housing assistance, WIC, foodstamps, etc was not available, I would speculate that 50% of illegals would dissappear. I was at the discount food store a few weeks ago, and there was 8-10 hispanics in line in fornt of me. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them paid with food stamps. Every one.

Also, someone please tell me how someone working in the fields or cleanup or whatever is supporting 6 kids, mama, grandparents and cousins on unskilled labor wages?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 10:52:28 AM »
Sad to hear Hereford.

With regard to employees, don't they have to fill out an I-9 form for citizenship status?
I know its being widely abused, no matter what is supposed to be done.  If we don't have the support of the gov on this, rules are not enforced.  That is completely irresponsible of our gov.  All to get Hispanic votes? 
I'll bet some of the hard working Hispanic illegals would very much like an opportunity to become citizens. The current path to citizenship is too long and inefficient (just like most gov programs). Those who don't can leave.

I don't understand why there isn't more bipartisan support of the things I wrote...it is a compromise, eliminates criminal penalties for illegals and gives them an expedited path to citizenship