Author Topic: HOLY COW!!! - Look What Happened in Oregon  (Read 10053 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: HOLY COW!!! - Look What Happened in Oregon
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
Listen, the overwhelming majority of the country disagrees with you.  This isn't a religious issue.  About 27 states have voted to reject homosexual marriage.  Every time it comes up for a vote, the people reject it by overwhelming margins.  This crosses party lines.  It includes and religious and non-religious people. 

You might think it's nobody's business, but most voters disagree with you.   

But do you know WHY they vote against it?

I can tell you what a friend told me... He said, and I quote... "I voted against gay marriage because I didn't want all of the gay people coming to this state just to get married."

Now, I think it's a silly reason, but basically it's like how a lot of white people look at black people... Black people are cool, but they need to stay on their side of town.

That's the way it's seen... Gay Marriage is fine, but I don't want it "near me".

Kind of silly if you ask me.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »
The fact that most voters reject it means your assumption that this a Christian issue is flat wrong. 

The values and morals of the christian faith has america by the balls. You can not deny this.
from incomplete data

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »
The values and morals of the christian faith has america by the balls. You can not deny this.

The values and morals of the christian faith are what America was built upon.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »
But do you know WHY they vote against it?

I can tell you what a friend told me... He said, and I quote... "I voted against gay marriage because I didn't want all of the gay people coming to this state just to get married."

Now, I think it's a silly reason, but basically it's like how a lot of white people look at black people... Black people are cool, but they need to stay on their side of town.

That's the way it's seen... Gay Marriage is fine, but I don't want it "near me".

Kind of silly if you ask me.

I'm sure people vote against homosexual marriage for a variety reasons, including fear, looks, religion, preservation of traditional marriage, hatred, etc.

Have Obama and Biden explained why they oppose homosexual marriage?    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »

Yeah.  What he said. 

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »
Hitler was much more electrifying in speeches and rallies than Obama.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »

LIE!

This is one of the most persistent myths that christians keep bringing up.

The founders of America were secularists above all.
from incomplete data

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
I'm sure people vote against homosexual marriage for a variety reasons, including fear, looks, religion, preservation of traditional marriage, hatred, etc.

Have Obama and Biden explained why they oppose homosexual marriage?    

Why should they?

Everyone know why... because if they don't say they oppose it, then they won't get elected.

It's common sense.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »
Why should they?

Everyone know why... because if they don't say they oppose it, then they won't get elected.

It's common sense.

That's your opinion. 

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »
LIE!

This is one of the most persistent myths that christians keep bringing up.

The founders of America were secularists above all.

Religious Affiliation
of U.S. Founding Fathers # of
Founding
Fathers % of
Founding
Fathers
Episcopalian/Anglican 88 54.7%
Presbyterian 30 18.6%
Congregationalist 27 16.8%
Quaker 7 4.3%
Dutch Reformed/German Reformed 6 3.7%
Lutheran 5 3.1%
Catholic 3 1.9%
Huguenot 3 1.9%
Unitarian 3 1.9%
Methodist 2 1.2%
Calvinist 1 0.6%
TOTAL 204

http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html

You are going to sit there and tell me that these mens faith played no part in the birht of this country?

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 05:00:28 PM »
this country was not founded or built by religion.
DAWG

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »
Religious Affiliation
Founding
Fathers % of
Founding
Fathers
Presbyterian 30 18.6%
Quaker 7 4.3%
Lutheran 5 3.1%
Catholic 3 1.9%
Huguenot 3 1.9%
Unitarian 3 1.9%
Methodist 2 1.2%
Calvinist 1 0.6%
TOTAL 204

You are going to sit there and tell me that these mens faith played no part in the birht of this country?

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Don't waste your time, bro.  They're not trying to learn about the truth.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
Actually, the concert came before the rally.So, anyone who came solely for the concert presumably would have left. Or at least been holding up a sign in support of the band.

By the way the band was  a group called The Decemberists. That's right, those The Decemberists. You are probably familiar with their long string of radio hits and their sold out stadium world tours, so I will not bother dwelling on their popularity for a second longer.
actually the decemberists are a pretty popular band especially likely to appeal to alot of the new age younger generation so you might wanna check your sarcasm.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2008, 05:05:18 PM »
Religious Affiliation
Founding
Fathers % of
Founding
Fathers
Presbyterian 30 18.6%
Quaker 7 4.3%
Lutheran 5 3.1%
Catholic 3 1.9%
Huguenot 3 1.9%
Unitarian 3 1.9%
Methodist 2 1.2%
Calvinist 1 0.6%
TOTAL 204

Excerpt from the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

From a treaty with Tripoli, drafted by George Washington himself 1796 and signed by John Adams 1797:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

I'm not even american and I still school you!  ;D
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »
Religious Affiliation
Founding
Fathers % of
Founding
Fathers
Presbyterian 30 18.6%
Quaker 7 4.3%
Lutheran 5 3.1%
Catholic 3 1.9%
Huguenot 3 1.9%
Unitarian 3 1.9%
Methodist 2 1.2%
Calvinist 1 0.6%
TOTAL 204

Don't waste your breath on this. The constitution clearly states that church and state is to be kept separate thus america is not founded on the christian faith. What belief system the founders had is irrelevant sine they THEMSELVES wanted you to be free from religion. 
from incomplete data

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
awesome pics
w

The Coach

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »
Whats funny about those pics is that none of those robots (like you) have no idea why they're voting for him!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
Don't waste your breath on this. The constitution clearly states that church and state is to be kept separate thus america is not founded on the christian faith. What belief system the founders had is irrelevant sine they THEMSELVES wanted you to be free from religion. 
you will never be free from religion as long as religious ppl are voting and even thought the government itself is not a religious institution it does the bidding of its constituents which happen to be religious so....

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
Whats funny about those pics is that none of those robots (like you) have no idea why they're voting for him!

They've held three presidential debates and one vice presidential so far. I've watched all of them, and I think both Obama and Mccain have been able to say what's in their agenda. To say that the voters wouldn't have a clue what Obama stands for is a bit unfair don't you think?
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »
you will never be free from religion as long as religious ppl are voting and even thought the government itself is not a religious institution it does the bidding of its constituents which happen to be religious so....

As I've said earlier, a sad state of affairs.
from incomplete data

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »

bush/chaney,mcsame/palin.sit around in a circle praying...asking...who would Jesus Bomb?
DAWG

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »

That little separation of church and state thing went out the window centuries ago. Gay marriage wouldn't be an issue if it didn't.

I haven't heard of California falling into ruin or the other states that legalized gay marriage spontaneously combusting afterwards. Who gives a fuck what they choose to do.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2008, 05:28:05 PM »
They've held three presidential debates and one vice presidential so far. I've watched all of them, and I think both Obama and Mccain have been able to say what's in their agenda. To say that the voters wouldn't have a clue what Obama stands for is a bit unfair don't you think?
not really how many ppl do you think actually watched any of the debates in their entirety? and not only that but werent brain dead after the first 15 mins so that they could comprehend the answers and statements? probably not many i like politics and i couldnt watch them the entire way through that shit was mind numbing. So in all actuallity its probably pretty acurate although the same could be said for mccain supporters as well but probably to a lesser degree...just being honest

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »
bush/chaney,mcsame/palin.sit around in a circle praying...asking...who would Jesus Bomb?
LOL you didnt catch bidens last statement at the vp debate? go look that up
all of them do, obama though might have a different direction with that though possibly looking for those in our government that created aids to target black ppl  ::) you ever have any luck finding any proof of the government creating those diseases I gave you?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »
not really how many ppl do you think actually watched any of the debates in their entirety? and not only that but werent brain dead after the first 15 mins so that they could comprehend the answers and statements? probably not many i like politics and i couldnt watch them the entire way through that shit was mind numbing. So in all actuallity its probably pretty acurate although the same could be said for mccain supporters as well but probably to a lesser degree...just being honest

Yeah I see what you're saying. It's just not the debates but rather the aftermath of them. People may not watch the whole debates but they sure get to hear about the positions both Obama and Mccain take. Unless they live Amish-style with no internet or television.
from incomplete data