Author Topic: HOLY COW!!! - Look What Happened in Oregon  (Read 10052 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: HOLY COW!!! - Look What Happened in Oregon
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »
Should also keep in mind that the Democrat nominee has won Oregon in every election since 1988.

There are obviously a lot of smart people in that state

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 12:51:59 PM »
Actually, the concert came before the rally.So, anyone who came solely for the concert presumably would have left. Or at least been holding up a sign in support of the band.

By the way the band was  a group called The Decemberists. That's right, those The Decemberists. You are probably familiar with their long string of radio hits and their sold out stadium world tours, so I will not bother dwelling on their popularity for a second longer.

Holly Crap they showed up in Houston and 100,000 people packed the Texans Stadium!!!!!!!!!!   hahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »
There are obviously a lot of smart people in that state

Given that they rejected homosexual marriage despite an enormous pro homosexual marriage campaign, I'd have to agree. 

Beautiful state. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »
Given that they rejected homosexual marriage despite an enormous pro homosexual marriage campaign, I'd have to agree. 

Beautiful state. 

Asswipe.

Throw polite discussion out the window. Who the hell gives anyone the right to tell a gay couple they can not marry each other?

Bible thumping dickhead. You are so typically fitting into the hypocrite self righteous christian mold.
from incomplete data

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 01:10:50 PM »
Asswipe.

Throw polite discussion out the window. Who the hell gives anyone the right to tell a gay couple they can not marry each other?

Bible thumping dickhead. You are so typically fitting into the hypocrite self righteous christian mold.

LOL.  Meltdown.  LOL . . .

Here is a newsflash son, it wasn't just Christians who voted against homosexual marriage in Oregon or Hawaii or California or every other state in the country that voted to preserve traditional marriage.  And let's not forget the Defense of Marriage Act passed by the Congress and signed by President Clinton, a well known Bible thumping self righteous Christian.  lol . . . 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »
LOL.  Meltdown.  LOL . . .

Here is a newsflash son, it wasn't just Christians who voted against homosexual marriage in Oregon or Hawaii or California or every other state in the country that voted to preserve traditional marriage.  And let's not forget the Defense of Marriage Act passed by the Congress and signed by President Clinton, a well known Bible thumping self righteous Christian.  lol . . . 

Well then it's a sad state of affairs. But what I said about you still remains.
from incomplete data

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 01:17:54 PM »

Beautiful state. 

maybe they got bombarded with tons of misleading ads like we're getting here in CA.

It looks like Prop 8 is going to lose in CA despite big $$$ being spent by groups that are not even located in the state.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »
Should also keep in mind that the Democrat nominee has won Oregon in every election since 1988.

VA, and NC has not gone Dem in Decades... and they both are this year,so whats your point?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »
Well then it's a sad state of affairs. But what I said about you still remains.

I'm crushed lovemonkey.   :'(  But anytime you want to discuss the facts and have your absurd notions blown up, I'm happy to help.   :)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »
I'm crushed lovemonkey.   :'(  But anytime you want to discuss the facts and have your absurd notions blown up, I'm happy to help.   :)

LOL. Concerning gay marriage, there is not much to discuss. Give them right to be able to marry at the courthouse. It's understandable if the church doesn't want to marry them and that's something I'm ok with. Church doesn't even deserve it anyhow, so...

But to deny people marriage whether straight or gay is outright discrimination.

I just don't see how it would affect you if a gay couple were to marry each other, Bum? It's nobodies business but theirs.
from incomplete data

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »
What if a brother wants to marry his sister?   Would not allowing that make it discrimination?

That's an argument I heard on the radio but didn't get to hear the ensuing discussion because i got out of range.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
What if a brother wants to marry his sister?   Would not allowing that make it discrimination?

That's an argument I heard on the radio but didn't get to hear the ensuing discussion because i got out of range.

Well, that would be to promote damage to the gene pool. It is not exactly common either. Is there any actual case of this happening anywhere?

Homosexual people is not uncommon and have existed for as long we know. I can't see the harm in enabling gay people to marry each other.
The sexual behavior of humans is not as simple as christians/faith heads would like to believe.
from incomplete data

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
maybe they got bombarded with tons of misleading ads like we're getting here in CA.

It looks like Prop 8 is going to lose in CA despite big $$$ being spent by groups that are not even located in the state.

I doubt that.  They actually targeted Oregon and spent a great deal of money, but still lost. 

About 70 percent of the voters in Hawaii rejected homosexual marriage, and we're arguably the most liberal state in the country.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
VA, and NC has not gone Dem in Decades... and they both are this year,so whats your point?

The point is thousands of people showing up for a Democrat candidate in a state that has voted for every Democrat nominee since 1988 shouldn't be all that surprising. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »
LOL. Concerning gay marriage, there is not much to discuss. Give them right to be able to marry at the courthouse. It's understandable if the church doesn't want to marry them and that's something I'm ok with. Church doesn't even deserve it anyhow, so...

But to deny people marriage whether straight or gay is outright discrimination.

I just don't see how it would affect you if a gay couple were to marry each other, Bum? It's nobodies business but theirs.

Listen, the overwhelming majority of the country disagrees with you.  This isn't a religious issue.  About 27 states have voted to reject homosexual marriage.  Every time it comes up for a vote, the people reject it by overwhelming margins.  This crosses party lines.  It includes and religious and non-religious people. 

You might think it's nobody's business, but most voters disagree with you.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »

Dude that is next, along with polygamy. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 02:03:18 PM »
Listen, the overwhelming majority of the country disagrees with you.  This isn't a religious issue.  About 27 states have voted to reject homosexual marriage.  Every time it comes up for a vote, the people reject it by overwhelming margins.  This crosses party lines.  It includes and religious and non-religious people. 

You might think it's nobody's business, but most voters disagree with you.   

Well the fact that most vote against it doesn't make it slightly bit wrong.

America voted for George Bush twice. Many americans actually believes fox news is fair and balanced. A majority of americans eat themselves to death. The american education system is a failed one. A overwhelming majority of the americans believe in the god of the desert and take the bible as a literal truth.

Lol I don't trust the judgment of the american people, which is not a surprise I suppose.
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 02:04:40 PM »

Yes, there is a strong will within liberals to push incest marriage.  ::)
from incomplete data

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »

I can't recall seeing any brother/sister groups lobbying for equal rights but maybe that's only in your dreams

regarding polygamy - who cares.

regarding gay marriage - it's already legal in Canada and many other countries without any problems and of course no impact on heterosexuals.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »
I can't recall seeing any brother/sister groups lobbying for equal rights but maybe that's only in your dreams

regarding polygamy - who cares.

regarding gay marriage - it's already legal in Canada and many other countries without any problems and of course no impact on heterosexuals.

But this makes Bum's narrow minded christian head explode. Be nice to him, he is deluded.
from incomplete data

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 02:17:57 PM »
Well the fact that most vote against it doesn't make it slightly bit wrong.

America voted for George Bush twice. Many americans actually believes fox news is fair and balanced. A majority of americans eat themselves to death. The american education system is a failed one. A overwhelming majority of the americans believe in the god of the desert and take the bible as a literal truth.

Lol I don't trust the judgment of the american people, which is not a surprise I suppose.

The fact that most voters reject it means your assumption that this a Christian issue is flat wrong. 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »
Morons want their King to worship... They will have it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
The fact that most voters reject it means your assumption that this a Christian issue is flat wrong. 

aren't you the guy who always telling us that 80%+ of the US is Christian and don't Christians tend to have high voter turnout?

I know you don't like math but how can you support your claim that it is "flat wrong".   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

Yet none has won outside of Portland and Eugene areas since 1988 either.

Dems win like 5 counties there, and always win the state.

The Coach

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
Holly Crap they showed up in Houston and 100,000 people packed the Texans Stadium!!!!!!!!!!   hahaha

::)