Author Topic: Pro contest ticket sales and organization? Chic , any help or advice?  (Read 620 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
With the exception of the Arnold (maybe the Olympia) most pro events are not very "user friendly" events.
For example, last yr I really wanted to go to the Ironman Pro. I live near ATLANTA which means a flight and advanced travel plans. The web site didn't have any  way to get an actual ticket until right before the event. Many pro events don't use ticketmaster or similar vendor and its' a hassle to get an actual ticket well in advance.The shows often seem hit or miss and one yr to the next, etc. I am about to give up on trying to go to smaller IFBB pro events as a result of this lack of organization.

The NPC National show promoters do a much better job overall.
I had my nationals tickets IN HAND from Pam Petz 2 months ago. Tres Bennet also does a good job organizing the Jr USA in SC . I have heard good things from USA promoter Jon Lindsey as well.
I am sticking with NPC national level events now  and always enjoy the experience.

I just got season tickets for the NHL Atlanta Thrashers ( Hockey is the only pro team sport I enjoy watching). What a difference in dealing with a major pro sports organization!
I have been in/around bodybuilding for 3 decades now and it is always the same chaos with a few exceptions .The Olympia now has the expo a few miles down the strip from the actual contest venue?? wtf? is up with THAT!
Shawn Ray did a great job as promoter at his Colorado Pro event. It was a GREAT experience for me as a fan. Sadly, it had sponser issues and went belly up. Same type of thing with the GNC pro here in Atlanta.
If pro bodybuilding wants to attract people with a stable income and careers , they need to be a lot better organized.
I am just sick and tired of dealing with poorly run events.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Pro contest ticket sales and organization? Chic , any help or advice?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
most of the audience for the minor pro shows come from the local area.  these promoters don't seem to do a very good job at targeting that group either.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Pro contest ticket sales and organization? Chic , any help or advice?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:05:16 PM »
most of the audience for the minor pro shows come from the local area.  these promoters don't seem to do a very good job at targeting that group either.
I know, it baffles me. I would think you promote a show to make some $$ and put on a good event, etc.
Most of the lower tier pro events (with a very few exceptions) just seem to sit back and see who shows up.
Ironic how one of the best promoters is a mature , business lady who doesn't bodybuild (Pam Betz),go figure.

Imagine if the typical hardcore bodybuilder type ran a political campaign  :o
They would try to impress the voters by flexing and if they laughed they would get them in a head lock or challenge them to a MMA cage fight LOL. Makes you realize just how rare Arnold really is??!!