Author Topic: The going for a pro card legal dilemma?  (Read 2780 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The going for a pro card legal dilemma?
« on: October 23, 2008, 04:48:56 PM »
I could care less what some bodybuilding puts in their own body to build muscle. I don't think personal 'roid use should be illegal here in the USA. However, this legal issue begs the following question:

" When a bodybuilder wants to go pro, aren't they REQUIRED to break the drug laws?" hmmmmm. ???

Once again, I don't think steroid use should be illegal, but the reality is different.
Howard

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: The going for a pro card legal dilemma?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »
if we were better at enforcing our drug laws, all the IFBB pros would be from Central and South America or Spain or Russia or the UK

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
if we were better at enforcing our drug laws, all the IFBB pros would be from Central and South America or Spain or Russia or the UK
That would suck if they were the ONLY pros LOL

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 05:14:59 PM »
I could care less what some bodybuilding puts in their own body to build muscle. I don't think personal 'roid use should be illegal here in the USA. However, this legal issue begs the following question:

" When a bodybuilder wants to go pro, aren't they REQUIRED to break the drug laws?" hmmmmm. ???

Oce again, I don't think steroid use should be illegal, but the reality is different.
I am not all gung-ho for drug testing, but without it a top bodybuildder has to risk breaking the law.
The promoters, organization and fans don't risk a thing, while the bodybuilder takes 100% of the legal risk.
Kinda makes for an odd dilemma 'eh.
Just my 2 cents on an obvious pt.
Howard

Dude, isn't this like the 83rd thread you've started about this in the past 5 months? What gives ???

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
Dude, isn't this like the 83rd thread you've started about this in the past 5 months? What gives ???

No it's only the 82.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
 ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »

Oce again, I don't think steroid use should be illegal, but the reality is different.
I am not all gung-ho for drug testing, but without it a top bodybuildder has to risk breaking the law.
The promoters, organization and fans don't risk a thing, while the bodybuilder takes 100% of the legal risk.
Howard

Howard,

Seriously, what is the purpose of beating a dead horse?  You have, as pandemonium stated, reposted this same argument in different words well over 100 times.  It always ends with you somehow reiterating how you love the "sport", the competitors, the yadda yadda and culminates with you kissing Bob Chick's ass along with Ron ending up in the mix with his anal sphincter waxed by your tongue as well.

You're a nice guy Howard, but seriously, this issue has been beat to the ground.  Why not make a thread about something you feel very fond of, say 14 year old girls undergoing puberty?

"1"

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »
Howard,

Seriously, what is the purpose of beating a dead horse?  You have, as pandemonium stated, reposted this same argument in different words well over 100 times.  It always ends with you somehow reiterating how you love the "sport", the competitors, the yadda yadda and culminates with you kissing Bob Chick's ass along with Ron ending up in the mix with his anal sphincter waxed by your tongue as well.

You're a nice guy Howard, but seriously, this issue has been beat to the ground.  Why not make a thread about something you feel very fond of, say 14 year old girls undergoing puberty?

"1"
Brutal ownage of the disgusting pedo.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 06:24:10 PM »
Anyone got a link to the thread where he was outted?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »

X10000000

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
 once again a silly debate on the drug issue by howard.. howard, you go to the shows.. i would expect you to have abetter idea of what drug testing is.. a smoke screen.. do you really believe that the pros or even top amatuers would be drug free at the shows?.. dennis wolf received his pro card at a tested ifbb worlds show.. many others have also.. the ways to pass those tests are easy.. so they in essence would still be breaking the law.. it is common sense..

io856

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
This is a fuckin stupid idea.

Hop a long Howie

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
once every couple of months howard decides to go to the gym and when he shows up he sees that there are a dozen guys in there who all look a million times better than him,

these threads are the result of those days

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »

Howard

that arguement could go for any pro sport as most pro athletes use drugs.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 08:10:54 PM »

Howard
Shouldn't you be soliciting underage girls to write you.
I am a big baby

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
LOL, that always will happen, plus I am an active NPC judge.
I have no ambition to be a pro nor the talent to do so.
I just think it insane that to stand any chance to be a pro you are required to break the fed drug laws.
Imagine going in for a job and they tell you, by the way, you will have to risk breaking the law and we won't do anything to help if you get busted. Good luck.
Get lost PEDO!!!! >:(
I am a big baby

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
LOL, whatever. Look, I don't have a dog in this fight, so I don't mind the ribbing.The old shoot the messenger tactics were used in response and few addressed the thread topic for the most part.
I am not too surprised but hoped for a little better.
The reality is that nobody seems to give a rats ass that in order to make it to the top in this sport , you are required to BREAK THE DRUG LAWS.
Health concerns, $$$ spent and training are all personal choices in any sport and individual in nature. But having to risk your freedom just to be a success in a sport seems insane.
It amazes me that the best in our sport , have to risk going to jail over breaking drug laws, just to compete on a level playing field. Then, a few guys do finally get busted this same bunch stands around saying how it sucks that the law is like that and how we should be left alone , etc.

This is like bitching about some speed limit being unfair,so you keep speeding and then lose your license after your 15th ticket. Next we see you scrathing your ass, walking down the road wondering what happened.
To me this is a HUGE issue , but then again, maybe I am a retarded ass clown.  :-*
I am getting more into hockey these days after years away from it.
Ironic how guys skating around running into eachother with sticks trying to wack a little pc of rubber, NOW makes more sense than pro bodybuilding...go figure.
See ya again, sometime, somewhere. ;)

so how many of those hockey players do you think "broke the law to turn pro"??

io856

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 08:43:36 PM »
Bodybuilding itself is a steroid culture. Ok get that through your head BODYBUILDING IS A STEROID CULTURE. You understand? maybe once more it will help BODYBUILDING IS A STEROID CULTURE.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »
LOL, but that culture requires one to break the federal drug laws ,doah!
It is no longer a cute lil, personal club with some odd habbits one decides on.
That is liek saying driefving fast and drunk is cool thing and part of the dumb ass culture.
Of course horny guys have been going to whoei's since a hot babe gave a hum job, so wtf?
Obviously a litghle thing like going to jail is hardly a problem for the real man anyway.

You drunk? ???

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 08:58:42 PM »
Howard,

"1"

Good pt, and it is waste of time to try and make a serious thread here.
Thanks for the reminder.
I am just having fun now. I am an old fart posting away in my tighty whiteys on a thursday night.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
You drunk? ???
Had a few at the game tonight and I don't drink often so it was dman fun , good night sweety

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »
Had a few at the game tonight and I don't drink often so it was dman fun , good night sweety
SCUMBAG!
I am a big baby

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
Howard

A person today has a better chance of turning pro naturally in the sport of bodybuilding then say making it in Hollywood/Media without being a Jew or Gay...You need to stand up for a bigger cause...

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »

"sweety"?  I'm a guy, not a pre-pub girl, just FYI

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
"sweety"?  I'm a guy, not a pre-pub girl, just FYI
I can hardly type ( tad typsy) so if you shaved your ass and bent over, I would hit it anyway LOL
wooooooooooooooooooooooo oo hoooooooooooo