Author Topic: CALL IT NOW WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN THE ELECTION?  (Read 3251 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
CALL IT NOW WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN THE ELECTION?
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
Ok 10 days to go, making this the official thread showing who you thought would win 10 days before the election.

I'm calling it for Obama to win, and I'm predicting he will win by 3 percentage points and 330 electoral votes.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: CALL IT NOW WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN THE ELECTION?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »
be cautiously optimistic, not cocky
remember Kerry
!

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »
tough one...id say Obama is too far ahead to catch and the number of early voters drastically affects McCains ability to turn it round in the last few days...

having said that, I think it's extremely difficult to call, I think 330 pretty optimistic Matt I dont think he'll swing it by that much

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »
Obama.

The Democrats want it.
The vast majority of America wants it.
The world wants it.
Those who give the GOP their marching orders want it.
w

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »
be cautiously optimistic, not cocky
remember Kerry

Don't think thats being cocky, just more realistic.  Yes Kerry was ahead in the national polls which really mean nothing.  However Kerry's electoral map is much different then Obamas map.  By nov 2nd 2004 2 days before the election Kerry had 242 electoral votes vs bush who had 296 electoral votes.   Its basically now reversed and Obama has a huge electoral lead on mccain.    So Kerry had the lead in the national polls, but was behind bush by 54 electoral votes.  Anyone watching that election should have known that bush was going to win since he was far ahead in the electoral vote.  Now the same can be said for Obama as he is far ahead in the electoral vote to mccain.

The news stations will continue to try and make this out like its going to be a close race, and so will the Obama camp, however the fact that mccains camp is falling apart and theres internal break up in the mccain camp tells alot.  The news stations want to make it a close race so they have something to report on, Obama will say its a close race so his support stays strong and he has a good turn out on Nov 4th. 

So I'm not being cocky, just more so realistic with my prediction.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:43:13 PM »
Actually looking back at the national polls Nov 1st 2004 bush was ahead 48.9% to kerry 47.4%.  So again this is a totally different election then Kerry or Gore.  Do not compare those elections to this one.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »
Don't think thats being cocky, just more realistic.  Yes Kerry was ahead in the national polls which really mean nothing.  However Kerry's electoral map is much different then Obamas map.  By nov 2nd 2004 2 days before the election Kerry had 242 electoral votes vs bush who had 296 electoral votes.   Its basically now reversed and Obama has a huge electoral lead on mccain.    So Kerry had the lead in the national polls, but was behind bush by 54 electoral votes.  Anyone watching that election should have known that bush was going to win since he was far ahead in the electoral vote.  Now the same can be said for Obama as he is far ahead in the electoral vote to mccain.

The news stations will continue to try and make this out like its going to be a close race, and so will the Obama camp, however the fact that mccains camp is falling apart and theres internal break up in the mccain camp tells alot.  The news stations want to make it a close race so they have something to report on, Obama will say its a close race so his support stays strong and he has a good turn out on Nov 4th. 

So I'm not being cocky, just more so realistic with my prediction.
I hear ya' bro.
I'm just saying that you don't want to count your chickens before they are hatched.  :)

I want Obama to win as much as anyone, but these polls make many of us nervous. Things definitely look very good right now, but it would be devastating should Obama come up short. Most of us who voted for Kerry could not believe our eyes when the day after the election we realized America voted for four more years of Bush.
!

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »
OBAMA By one of the most historic landslides in American History...

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »
I hear ya' bro.
I'm just saying that you don't want to count your chickens before they are hatched.  :)

I want Obama to win as much as anyone, but these polls make many of us nervous. Things definitely look very good right now, but it would be devastating should Obama come up short. Most of us who voted for Kerry could not believe our eyes when the day after the election we realized America voted for four more years of Bush.

Yes you're right its not over tell its over.

However i dont see why people thought kerry was going to win when he was 54 electoral votes behind bush 2 days before the election?.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »
Ok 10 days to go, making this the official thread showing who you thought would win 10 days before the election.

I'm calling it for Obama to win, and I'm predicting he will win by 3 percentage points and 330 electoral votes.

Why do you care so much you retarded midget? Aren't you Canadian/Indian(by way of Dubai)?
E

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »
Why do you care so much you retarded midget? Aren't you Canadian/Indian(by way of Dubai)?

ur the retard, the American economy effects the worlds economy so the whole world is praying that Obama wins and fixes the mess Bush & mccain made.  So thats why i care.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
ur the retard, the American economy effects the worlds economy so the whole world is praying that Obama wins and fixes the mess Bush & mccain made.  So thats why i care.

You care because he is black. You don't know shit about the worlds economy, you think Dubai is in India ffs!
E

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »

stupid comment..a senator is responsible for the economy?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 06:24:20 PM »
OBAMA american media By one of the most historic landslides in American History...

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »
Rev.Wright will win :

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/17/nation/na-taxes17

The couple paid nearly $1.4 million in federal taxes last year, and made $240,370 in charitable contributions. Their largest gifts were to the United Negro College Fund ($50,000), the international relief organization CARE ($35,000) and Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago ($26,270).

I wonder how much he will get if Hussein will win  :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 07:10:01 PM »
OBAMA By one of the most historic landslides in American History...

From your lips to God's ears!

I want to see the most crushing defeat ever handed to a political candidate in history.
I want it to be sooo bad... McCain goes postal, gets drunk, and meltsdown on national TV ala René Levesque
Soooo bad that the little redneck from Alaska declares "Thank God I don't have to marry this bitch anymore!"
So resounding that the joy can be heard all around the planet, ...and the ET's decide mankind has finally earned the right to continue living on the planet. So strongly that Palin declare's she was always for Obama and her gaffes on the campaign trail were designed to help him win. I wouldn't put it past her ya know.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 07:12:05 PM »
Still too soon for a clear call.

I still believe McCain has a chance if his people can figure out exactly what the public's BS tolerance is.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 11:14:43 PM »
From your lips to God's ears!

I want to see the most crushing defeat ever handed to a political candidate in history.
I want it to be sooo bad... McCain goes postal, gets drunk, and meltsdown on national TV ala René Levesque
Soooo bad that the little redneck from Alaska declares "Thank God I don't have to marry this bitch anymore!"
So resounding that the joy can be heard all around the planet, ...and the ET's decide mankind has finally earned the right to continue living on the planet. So strongly that Palin declare's she was always for Obama and her gaffes on the campaign trail were designed to help him win. I wouldn't put it past her ya know.

Take you medicine!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
Take you medicine!

How ironic? Will we have to remind you on these words on Nov 4th, ...or will you just kill yourself instead?
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 11:56:03 PM »
How ironic? Will we have to remind you on these words on Nov 4th, ...or will you just kill yourself instead?
:D
!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »

I will be buying bogus fuel pills got any?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 12:47:07 AM »
Its Barrys to lose. Unless the massive voter fraud campaign fails or some insane scandal surfaces, he wins in November.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 02:32:35 AM »
Its Barrys to lose. Unless the massive voter fraud campaign fails or some insane scandal surfaces, he wins in November.
the stench of defeat lingers over your every post  ;D
!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 04:44:48 AM »
McCain will win... At this point with talk like this through all the media, 5 to 8 percent will not show up and vote confident in Obama's lead.  That will make it actually neck in neck at the polls and the rest will be flipped by diebold or whatever they call themselves today ::)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 05:19:07 AM »
McCain will win... At this point with talk like this through all the media, 5 to 8 percent will not show up and vote confident in Obama's lead.  That will make it actually neck in neck at the polls and the rest will be flipped by diebold or whatever they call themselves today ::)

I agree with you that McCain will win. He will get 51% of the pop. vote.

Americans are just too stupid to look out for themselves anymore. Sad but true.

Most of the Americans on these boards cannot even properly write IN THEIR OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE.

How the hell would you expect them to vote properly?
G